Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allan Hatcher steps down from Perry Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Spurlock would be a bad hire for this program he has been ran off at 2 other schools one his almatar. He has nothing to bring here period.
I heard today that the State Department was going to make Neal Feltner the new coach because the school system didnt have the funding right now to pay a high profile coach. Feltner will being the coaching job for free. Just what I heard. Look for the old Alpha Male to run and gun.
ballboy Wrote:Spurlock would be a bad hire for this program he has been ran off at 2 other schools one his almatar. He has nothing to bring here period.

He PLAYED AT ALLEN CENTRAL!!! Not been ran off anywhere but hhs and he did nothing but win what time he was there. Let me say this, Spurlock is a very good coach and has proven that everywhere he has coached. Im not sure this rumor is true but he would be as good as a coach as u would find if he was interested. JMO!!!!
ballstar Wrote:He PLAYED AT ALLEN CENTRAL!!! Not been ran off anywhere but hhs and he did nothing but win what time he was there. Let me say this, Spurlock is a very good coach and has proven that everywhere he has coached. Im not sure this rumor is true but he would be as good as a coach as u would find if he was interested. JMO!!!!

Well let's just hope for all of Perry County sake he is not Interested!:biggrin:
ballboy Wrote:Spurlock would be a bad hire for this program he has been ran off at 2 other schools one his almatar. He has nothing to bring here period.

Let's say this again, he is an alumni of Allen Central.
Keep him at Sheldon, Clark he cant get to sweet sixteen and to be the coach at Perry cent your lively hood depends on making it to Rupp Arena.This program will not accept nothing less and Spurlock cant poduce as Clay,Co and Hazard. The programs to big for Spurlock.

LOL... He has nothing to bring... Justin Johnson... Which would mean Perry would have the #1 and #2 players in the region.

mountain hoops guru Wrote:Well let's just hope for all of Perry County sake he is not Interested!:biggrin:

Lets just hope for the rest of the 14th region's sake, Perry Central don't hire Spurlock.

Everyone trying to dog Spurlock but what has Raymond Justice ever done???? Look at everyone that people have been talking about:

Justice
Hoskins
John Noble
Fugate

Really Spurlock don't belong in the same class as tho people???? Sure Denny is a legend but Denny couldn't bring Johnson.

Plus saying Spurlock has been ran off from 2 schools... LOL look at Hatcher.
ballboy Wrote:Keep him at Sheldon, Clark he cant get to sweet sixteen and to be the coach at Perry cent your lively hood depends on making it to Rupp Arena.This program will not accept nothing less and Spurlock cant poduce as Clay,Co and Hazard. The programs to big for Spurlock.

LOL... I think Spurlock did pretty damn good at Hazard

The only reason Spurlock still ain't at Hazard was because of 1 kid not getting to play but then Holland came and that same kid still didn't get to play...

I know a lot of people in the Hazard School System that know they made a mistake by pushing Spurlock away... 100% on that...

Hatcher 5 years in the 14th Region = 1 Rupp Trip

Spurluck 4 years in the 14th Region = 1 Rupp Trip

Let me add, Clay and Hazard and Perry are all known for babying their student athletes....Thats why with a Coach like Spurlock you have to have time to build his players because he is a tough coach. But with Justin Johnson and Braxton Beverly he won't need any time. They'll be the fav to win the region...
I couldnt agree with you more. As I said in a earlier post, he is as deserving as anybody that has been mention thus far.
Someone rely this to PCC; Spurlock is not interested:biggrin:
On the real, Johnson and Beverly would be "hard to guard" and borderline impossible. Is the big kid still at PCC or did he grad?
D IT UP Wrote:Someone rely this to PCC; Spurlock is not interested:biggrin:
On the real, Johnson and Beverly would be "hard to guard" and borderline impossible. Is the big kid still at PCC or did he grad?

Still there
Spurlock.

Everyone trying to dog Spurlock but what has Raymond Justice ever done???? Look at everyone that people have been talking about:

QUOTE]

What has Justice ever done?? He has over 500 wins in his HEAD coaching career at Belfry,Letcher, and East Ridge. Which is more than Spurlock will ever have . He also has three regional championships and at least 1 elite 8 appearence under his belt. Raymond is one of the most respected coaches in the state of Ky.
How or why would Justin Johnson come with Spulock?
region Wrote:How or why would Justin Johnson come with Spulock?

Spurlock always has a great connection with his players. Justin Johnson would come with Spurlock... Perry Central has been going after Johnson long before this coaching job came open. The only reason Johnson stayed at Sheldon Clark was because of Spurlock.

Maybe this is the reason some ppl hate on Spurlock because he cares more about his players then he cares about how the admin's think about him... Which I love
thegr81 Wrote:Spurlock.

QUOTE]

What has Justice ever done?? He has over 500 wins in his HEAD coaching career at Belfry,Letcher, and East Ridge. Which is more than Spurlock will ever have . He also has three regional championships and at least 1 elite 8 appearence under his belt. Raymond is one of the most respected coaches in the state of Ky.

Must have choked alot. Kevin will have more then 3 regional titles. book it.
The_Rock Wrote:I heard today that the State Department was going to make Neal Feltner the new coach because the school system didnt have the funding right now to pay a high profile coach. Feltner will being the coaching job for free. Just what I heard. Look for the old Alpha Male to run and gun.

State Department has nothing to do with hiring coaches. Perry Co Schools sets their own budget with the money they get from the state. If they can fit a big name coach in the budget they can hire him.
UK#24 Wrote:Must have choked alot. Kevin will have more then 3 regional titles. book it.

Choked alot?? You must have no clue as to what it takes to win a regional title! So every coach that has won less than 3 regional tournaments have choked alot.How many coaches would kill to have 3 regional titles? So I guess Spurlock isn't successful and is a choke atrist because he has coached over 15 years and only has 1 regional title! At his current rate he will have to coach 45 years to get 3 so I wouldn't count on it. Thst statement makes no sense,I usually can see your point on your posts but this is commical.
Who says Spurlock wants the job?? Who says he has been offered the job??? Just because they ask for permission to speak(not sure that even happened) to him doesnt mean they will offer. From the way a understand is that he is under contract with SC!!!He has a GREAT chance to win the 15th this year with the team he has there. Its really hard to say who will be the next pcc coach at this point. The only ppl that truly knows anything isnt saying anything. That lets me know that we will not know for sure until its completely over here in a week or so.
^^ your right and I'm not saying I know anything that's going on. Because the only 2 ppl I've talked to from the Perry School System said no one will know anything until Friday.. But I hate then ppl try to discredit great coaches on here.. Personally I hope Shannon Hoskins or Jon Bentley get a shot at it.
Noble to PCC, Hoskins to the Horn
^

Hope your right. I hope they can get Noble away from the Horn. He might not bring any players like some coaches mentioned but it would still be a great hire IMO.
^ Great hire. But if he doesn't produce quick he runs the risk of losing his job at PCC and not having the opportunity to go back to Buckhorn. imo the administration would have done this a lot more quickly if Noble was favored.
running_clock Wrote:^ Great hire. But if he doesn't produce quick he runs the risk of losing his job at PCC and not having the opportunity to go back to Buckhorn. imo the administration would have done this a lot more quickly if Noble was favored.

May be trying to find a teacher to replace Noble at Buckhorn. If I am not mistaken he is the PE teacher over there and I don't think it would go over real well to leave him teaching at Buckhorn and coaching PCC. Of course this talk could all be for nothing as he may have already turned them down/ not been offered.

I do think he would be the best coach longterm for them. He may not bring anyone with him, although Buckhorn does have a couple good freshman that could contribute at PCC the next few years if they decided to follow him.
catscards Wrote:Noble to PCC, Hoskins to the Horn

Is that true or just a guess? If it's true then WOW. Never thought I'd see Noble leave The Horn
I am a little surprised Tim Riley hasn't been mentioned. Being from Florida I am not familiar w/the territory so I am guessing from some of the posts that he has no ties to the mountains. It would be hard to find a better basketball coach though. Many of the ones mentioned are great coaches too though. Interesting stuff for sure. I think Coach Hatcher is one of the very best and I can say that from experience as I coached against him once and scouted his team many times, and he was so tough to prepare for. Watching his games the last few years it looks like he has become an even better coach defensively.
Altro Cat Wrote:State Department has nothing to do with hiring coaches. Perry Co Schools sets their own budget with the money they get from the state. If they can fit a big name coach in the budget they can hire him.
Normally I would agree with this, but PCC is in a new situation this year. The state has taken over the running of the school due to the repeated low test scores and the ACT fraud situation recently. Again, normally I would agree but I don't know what gets done different when the state department has taken over. Guess we'll see soon as they'll be moving on this as fast as possible.
knottcountyinsider Wrote:Normally I would agree with this, but PCC is in a new situation this year. The state has taken over the running of the school due to the repeated low test scores and the ACT fraud situation recently. Again, normally I would agree but I don't know what gets done different when the state department has taken over. Guess we'll see soon as they'll be moving on this as fast as possible.

Whether or not the state has a hand in this I couldn't say. But bet the house, farm, cars and kids that Neil Feltner isn't going to coach this team for free. Braxton Beverly would be a player/coach before that would ever happen. The money to pay high profile coaches doesn't always come from the budget. A free house, an open tab at Applebee's and some cash in your school mailbox goes a long way.
I was told by a good source last night that it was Spurlock's job to lose and its. so if thats the case then i sure does leave SC in a pickle as in this late stage of the game its*hard to find a good coach.:truestory:
I expected this to be done by tomorrow.
I have a feeling no one will know anything until it's all on paper.
I was told last night if Spurlock does take it Johnson was not transfering to Perry,Cent now thats a bad hire
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13