Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allan Hatcher steps down from Perry Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Since NO ONE on here knows 100% about anything going on with this job... Lets look back on this thread...

Billy Hicks
Raymond Justice
Denny Fugate
John Noble
Jon Bentley
Al Holland
Shannon Hoskins
Robert Paul Amis
Kent Campbell
Rod Rhodes
Kevin Spurlock
Happy Osborne
Al Holland Jr.
Justin Amburgey

Thats every name that people have thrown up on this thread....

Everyone has showed their "great Basketball minds" and gave their opinions....

So now let just pick a name... Who do u think it is going to be?????? No need for anymore he said she said $hit.

But it would be awesome if someone that wasn't on this list got the job...

I'm saying..... Shannon Hoskins
Im saying Shannon Hoskins also.
I'm taking a guess and saying someone not on that list. Not sure who or where they would be from but I think we will see something similar to the Hatcher hire when they went and got a coach from out of the area.
This happened too late in the game for a head coach to be brought in from somewhere else.
That being said - I see this being an inside hire.

Shannon Hoskins is already with the team, so he would be the easiest choice.
John Noble making the move to Perry Central would be a lot easier to make happen that it would be to bring in someone outside of Perry County.
Kent Campbell has worked with the team before so I'd say he is an option as well.
I will guess Spurlock, lol!!!
I recieved a call this afternoon and the new coach at Perry,Cent will be Kevin Spurlock this is information i received and i was also told and i dont know how true this is but Johnson will also be coming to Perry thats what im being told and thats from a good source.
No chance!!!!!
ballboy Wrote:I recieved a call this afternoon and the new coach at Perry,Cent will be Kevin Spurlock this is information i received and i was also told and i dont know how true this is but Johnson will also be coming to Perry thats what im being told and thats from a good source.

I also got a phone call saying Perry has picked a coach.....
When they plan on making an announcement?
not sure but thats from a very good source and I also talked to another coach and he said that Perry had hired a coach already and would make the announment next week. so far this person been right on it. So ballstar I just saying thats what Im told he will be here next week and Johnson will be also so lets see if it true.
Hearing that they definitely have a coach ready to take the position and will be announced shortly.Going to be interesting to say the least for the 14th region.
Spurlock was my guy all along but I didn't think they would get him.
Hopefully it's true.
If they get Spurlock, its another great recruit for Randy and the PCC girls team. I have been told Spurlock has a daughter that can ball.
Done deal, Spurlock is in.
^Sounds good to me
Bad hire a lot of unhappy commadore fans tonight at the football game, they wanted fugate at Breathitt, I talked to Beverly parents and they said he is not transfering.
Isn't Spurlock the Clay County and Sheldon Clark Coach?
Beverly's staying was dependent upon Shurlock getting the job.
The administration did the right thing to keep their future in red and black.
Strikeout King Wrote:Isn't Spurlock the Clay County and Sheldon Clark Coach?

yes thats him.
I would have went after the coach from Buckhorn.
ballboy Wrote:Bad hire a lot of unhappy commadore fans tonight at the football game, they wanted fugate at Breathitt, I talked to Beverly parents and they said he is not transfering.

Fans can be mad, as long as players r happy. I know Braxton and Dalton Cornett r happy.

Good hire for the program.. Also look for the Beatty kid to return to the Basketball team now.. Not a great player but will help.

But everything is just words right now, Spurlock hasn't signed a contract yet.
With Perry Central posting a social studies position yesterday and Spurlock teaches social studies that pretty much sealed the deal don't you think. Why wait on making the announcement because the longer it goes it puts Sheldon Clark in dire straits to hire a good coach. Maybe they can do the same thing as Perry did and go out and pick a coach from another school.
Jed Clampett Wrote:With Perry Central posting a social studies position yesterday and Spurlock teaches social studies that pretty much sealed the deal don't you think. Why wait on making the announcement because the longer it goes it puts Sheldon Clark in dire straits to hire a good coach. Maybe they can do the same thing as Perry did and go out and pick a coach from another school.

Perry Central is a big school, consistently contending in the region and has an administration that fully supports the basketball program. Sheldon Clark won't have the luxury of picking anything but the drapes in the basketball coach's office
Coach Spurlock is a great guy, good family man and is GREAT in an interview. Plus, the kids will not need to learn a new system.....
From what I understand SC is already receiving resumes since everyone knows that the job will be open.
^Anyone know if the Johnson kid is coming with Spurlock ??
Not sure if Johnson is coming i was told he was, But to hire Spurlock well to a lot of people thats a bad hire and people are intitled to their own opion but if you cant win at Clay,Co and I dont think he made the regional tournament at Clay and had 2 kids from Perry with him on their teams hes not very consistant one of the favorites last year in the 15th lost in first round to ER. Someone said Tim Riley at Warren,Cent was interested out of 9 years their in the 4th region he went 8 times to the sweet sixteen and won the state championship once and had a bunch of very good teams go figure why Perry couldnt at least give him an interview.
Great hire for Perry Central.
Spurlock will do a great job. He is a hard worker and has a ton of experience and from what I know of him, he is a nice guy as well. I would rather had John Noble or Shannon The Cannon Hoskins but Spurlock will be fine with me. And Justin Johnson aint to bad of a player either. Haha
Everybody is talking about Spurlock "bringing" Johnson with him. Anybody else see this as shady or lacking in morals? Very disturbing to hear this kind of talk. At least to me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13