Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allan Hatcher steps down from Perry Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Overrated Wrote:Hazard and Perry..Not even a rivalry anymore, A thing of the past.

But on topic. I been hearing Rod Rhodes.

How do you get that it's not a rivalry? Because they don't play each other? Last time they played each other a big brawl started. There for awhile (back in the day) Estill County and Lee County wouldn't play each other because they'd be fights, if your smart you won't play if it's gonna get your players hurt.
Overrated Wrote:But on topic. I been hearing Rod Rhodes.

Not even a chance of that happening. None. Zero.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:From the rumor mill, Rodrick Rhodes has been seen speaking with J.P Amis this weekend! That would be a great move for him, Cordia has lost Chris Hudson to Hazard, so he has nothing left with the Lions. Would be great to see a run and gun pressing style with a team that has the horses to do it! Would be awesome to watch.

Coach Rhodes has been in NJ all weekend. His sister pasted on Thursday. Wherever you heard that information man, throw it in the trash. Another Coaching position is the furthest thing from his mind. And if you haven't heard there is quite a few transfers this year at Cordia, and I'm not just talking 2 or 3 like last years.
Hope they would give the job to John Noble or Shannon Hoskins. Beverly would benefit from playing for John. John would turn Beverly loose a let him show his true offensive skills. Shannon would do great as well with this. I kinda wished they would do the best with what they have and get a homegrown coach but for some odd reason they want to hire someone to stick around for a year or two in order to bring in a couple players. Noble or Hoskins, at least I hope.
^I think John Noble would be a great fit for Perry. He gets full effort from all of his players.
Noble and Hoskins would be the best idea but I don't think they'll be the first choices. Of course I don't think Noble would leave Buckhorn. Hoskins is already there and part of the system. It'd be an easier transition. Justice is the name I keep hearing as the first choice but we'll never know until they make the hire. I do think they'll try to get this done quickly though.
Bluecat Wrote:Noble and Hoskins would be the best idea but I don't think they'll be the first choices. Of course I don't think Noble would leave Buckhorn. Hoskins is already there and part of the system. It'd be an easier transition. Justice is the name I keep hearing as the first choice but we'll never know until they make the hire. I do think they'll try to get this done quickly though.

I think Justice is the first choice as well and I don't think it takes a genius to figure out why.

Of course if they could get Noble to leave Buckhorn that would be the best choice IMO. I would hate to see him leave Buckhorn but it would be a good step up in his career.
I heard they were going to shake things up with this hire. Who coached at Willard Elementary last year??? I think he must have connections, because that is the coach i'm hearing they will hire.
If they are after Rhodes, which I doubt it, they are after him for his recruiting skills. He has yet to display any coaching skills at this time. John Noble or Shannon Hoskins deserves a shot. Either coach, if successful, will stay at Perry Central for a very long time.
I think Noble is a longtime coach at buckhorn and isnt interested in leaving there. I think shannon would be a great fit just not right now, maybe a couple yrs down the road. Not sure who it will be but should be very quick with this hire......... BTW, Raymond and Cameron aint going nowhere!!!!!!!!
IMO:

Billy Hicks
Shannon Hoskins
John Noble
Raymond Justice

If I was a betting man, I would put my money on one of these guys. But since JP is still keeping things quiet, it wont shock me if someone from the outside comes in like Hatcher did.
^

You couldn't go wrong with any of those names. I would even add John Bentley to that list but..

I'd love to see Noble get the job. Throw the money at him, make him leave Buckhorn!
wood_chuck Wrote:IMO:

Billy Hicks
Shannon Hoskins
John Noble
Raymond Justice

If I was a betting man, I would put my money on one of these guys. But since JP is still keeping things quiet, it wont shock me if someone from the outside comes in like Hatcher did.

None of em
So did hatcher go to logan high school to replace his son mark who stepped down because of health reasons.
^

Yes, which also is Hatcher's alma mater I do believe.
Now that Hatcher has left is there any truth to the rumor that Amis is going to be the HC & Heston Beverly (Braxton Beverly's Uncle) will be one of the assistants???
Hey HUB, your to funny man. The may hire the guy as Waterboy or let him sweep the floor. That would be it.
he staying in college is what im told.
Here is a name I heard at work today and I was talking to someone on here and they also heard it.

Kevin Spurlock.
MVP2 Wrote:Here is a name I heard at work today and I was talking to someone on here and they also heard it.

Kevin Spurlock.
What has he ever accomplished?? Really a 13th and a 15th region reject come on they can do better than that.
ttt
happy osborne........ omar.......nice fit
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:What has he ever accomplished?? Really a 13th and a 15th region reject come on they can do better than that.

Hatcher was in 14th for 5 years = 1 regional title

Spurlock was in the 14th for 4 years = 1 regional title and a All "A" State title.
MVP2 Wrote:Here is a name I heard at work today and I was talking to someone on here and they also heard it.

Kevin Spurlock.

The most dis-liked Coach in the 15th, please let him be gone.

Kevin Spurlock.

OutsideLookingIn Wrote:What has he ever accomplished?? Really a 13th and a 15th region reject come on they can do better than that.

Dont miss the big picture. Everyone has said Raymond Justice, what has he EVER done. BIG PICTURE. Raymond Justice brings Cameron Justice. Kevin Spurluck brings Justin Johnson. Personally Perry needs Justin Johnson more than they need Cam Justice.

ballstar Wrote:happy osborne........ omar.......nice fit

I dont see it. Montgomery and Happy just got a recruit last week. Hard for a player like Omar to leave Central Kentucky to come to Mountain Basketball when he's wanting to get recruited big.
Im still hearing Rod Rhodes, Hoskin, Justin Amburgey, Al Holland Jr.
Overrated Wrote:Im still hearing Rod Rhodes, Hoskin, Justin Amburgey, Al Holland Jr.

Knowing the Holland family, I don' think so, Coach Holland and Al Jr. have a great relationship and always support each other so I don't think Al Jr. would go to coach at his dads district rival school.

Overrated, I don't think u understand how the Hazard/Perry rival thing works... Father and Son coaching at Hazard/Perry... That would make for an awkward family cookout.
^ and you aren't a kidding either
Personally think it will be Noble,Hoskins,or possibly Bentley.This is a good opportunity for any coach in southeast Ky.Guarantee that PCC administration has been in contact with Hicks but don't think he will take it.Rhodes doesn't have a shot in my opinion.Justice isn't going anywhere.Spurlock is not too far fetched as some think.
I dont think they anyone knows yet who has been contacted. I would say Hicks, Justice, Hoskins, Noble and Fugate would be in the mix though. Dont see Hicks, Fugate or Justice leaving.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13