Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is Holding Your Team Up From Winning A State Championship?
1. Who is your team?
2. What do you think is holding them up from winning a state championship?
3. Do you think that your team will eventually get over that "hump"?
Ashland

We always have one thing but not the other. Great offense, no defense. Great running game, no passing game. Great passing game, no running. Great skill positions, no line. Great line, no skill. Great speed, no size. Great size, no speed.

We've been struggling on this hump for atleast 8 years that I have been close to the program. I don't see things changing for atleast another 2/3 years atleast (and that's wishful thinking).
Tomcat68 Wrote:Ashland

We always have one thing but not the other. Great offense, no defense. Great running game, no passing game. Great passing game, no running. Great skill positions, no line. Great line, no skill. Great speed, no size. Great size, no speed.

We've been struggling on this hump for atleast 8 years that I have been close to the program. I don't see things changing for atleast another 2/3 years atleast (and that's wishful thinking).

Great post, Tomcat.

As always--your honesty is refreshing.
SF
our team problem is numbers
and strenght we cant get people to come out and play and lift were a single A school we only finish the season with about 19
Pike Central

We are suffering from a few things...First of all, not all of the good athletes at our school come out for football...But, the most important thing is, we have a very difficult time developing a line. We havent had much size on the team since 2002 or so.

If they plan to get over the hump, they will have to take it a day at a time, in season and off season. They will have to win the district first. Then, they can worry about state.
sf needs more players and needs to lift weights alot more
True athletes.
:dance: Right now....nothing!!!!!!!:dance:
1. Lawrence County
2. Not enough leaders on the team. Most just want to go out and do "immoral" things.
Oh and also....You could play Madden for 10 and be able to call plays better than our coaching staff.
3. No. I don't see any more dynasties like the late '90's dawgs in sight.
1. Lawrence County
2. Not enough leaders on the team. Most just want to go out and do "immoral" things.
Oh and also....You could play Madden for 10 minutes and be able to call plays better than our coaching staff.
acoustic_andrew Wrote:1. Lawrence County
Oh and also....You could play Madden for 10 and be able to call plays better than our coaching staff.

Interesting comments, Andrew.

Is the coaching staff really all that bad? (Because they are actually well thought of throughout the rest of the state).
1.Belfry Pirates
2.Right on the verge last season of a 3-peat
3.Return alot of talent but it is interesting to wonder who will replace Matt Maynard(same thing we all wondered about Doug Howard and David Jones)
4.Very young team last year gained valuable experience and should be right in the thick of things.
this should be an interesting thread
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Interesting comments, Andrew.

Is the coaching staff really all that bad? (Because they are actually well thought of throughout the rest of the state).

They do make some good calls, i'm just saying they aren't any Andy Reid or Charley Weis. They tend to be a little too agressive, which works well occasionally in the NFL, but for example if youre down by 7, you shouldn't go for two after you score. Not that they did that, that's just how i felt about some calls this past season.
11 guys who are better football players.:Wave:
[QUOTE="acoustic_andrew"]They do make some good calls, i'm just saying they aren't any Andy Reid or Charley Weis.
thats why there coaching HS and not in the NFL
but on topic

Magoffin County

the problem here is there isnt much dedication alot of good athletes never come out to play becuase we also have a lack of support. size and experience have also been major factors

as for a turnaround, if coach howard and fugate stick with they may in about 3/4 years if the upcoming freshman all stay 2gether
Belfry was just missing leadership this past year.
your right we do need support and the potential athletes that dont come out I mean we have great athletes dont try playing football.
Hey man belfrey is a great team High/middle school you guys do real good.
Nothing Coach J cant fix with time.