Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titans to Release or Trade Vince Young
The Titans have decided to part ways with QB Vince Young

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5993142
Ryan Mallet Please.
Get rid of fisher and this team may go places.
I've always been a fan of Vince Young but I believe this is a good move for both parties.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Get rid of fisher and this team may go places.

Adams decided to stay with Fisher and to go out and get another QB. I think it'll be a good choice. Only time will tell.
^ So MVP2, you were not a fan of Vince?
^Not many reasons to be a fan of him.
He's performed some over the years....
but mostly he's just been a big baby.
Their best year was with him on the bench.
^ He has a 30-17 record as a starting QB in the league. I know stats can be deceiving, but he has not hurt the team when on the field. I'm not arguing for him, I can agree with what you are saying, but I think it's hard to argue that the guy helps his team win games.

I wonder is Arizona tries to pair him with Larry Fitzgerald? Maybe he goes to the Bengals? Who knows?
This will be a situation where both teams prosper from this trade/release.

The Titans will get better because they can move on and rebuild.

Whoever gets Vince Young gets a PROVEN winner! Hard to find a QB like that.
Stardust Wrote:^ He has a 30-17 record as a starting QB in the league. I know stats can be deceiving, but he has not hurt the team when on the field. I'm not arguing for him, I can agree with what you are saying, but I think it's hard to argue that the guy helps his team win games.

I wonder is Arizona tries to pair him with Larry Fitzgerald? Maybe he goes to the Bengals? Who knows?

I'm not saying he doesn't help win games either lol
He's had some flashes of greatness.
I just think he's too big of a distraction anymore.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm not saying he doesn't help win games either lol
He's had some flashes of greatness.
I just think he's too big of a distraction anymore.

Not many QB's in the league that are not distractions

Favre
Mcnabb
Favre
Vick
Favre
Stardust Wrote:Not many QB's in the league that are not distractions

Favre
Mcnabb
Favre
Vick
Favre

You forgot to mention Favre.
Stardust Wrote:Not many QB's in the league that are not distractions

Favre
Mcnabb
Favre
Vick
Favre

And the one's that are distractions never seem to get it done.
Before Favre started this whole retirement thing he wasn't even a remote distraction, and he got it done.
McNabb has done nothing but "almost" come through his whole career.
and Vick isn't really a distraction right now. He has stayed pretty quiet since his return.
Stardust Wrote:^ So MVP2, you were not a fan of Vince?

I'm a fan of wining. I want to see the Titans win regardless the QB. I dont think VY was the man in TN, and I'd rather have a Fisher as the coach than Young the QB. I liked VY, dont get me wrong but I like the move.
Not surprised by this...

There are plenty of good QB talents coming up in the draft and Tennessee will likely be looking that way.
I am never buying another Titans jersey in my life. Every time I have bought a players jersey something like this has happened.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I am never buying another Titans jersey in my life. Every time I have bought a players jersey something like this has happened.

LOL!

Tell me about it, I freakin' bought a authentic Brady Quinn Cleveland Browns jersey and then they end up trading him the next season.
J-Rod Wrote:LOL!

Tell me about it, I freakin' bought a authentic Brady Quinn Cleveland Browns jersey and then they end up trading him the next season.

haha man that sucks

I bought a Eddie George, Steve McNair(RIP), and Vince Young jersey. They all ended up on different teams less than a year later.