Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Freshmen in KY?
Who are the best freshmen in the state of KY? I know a lot of them and have seen most of them play, just wondering who I am missing and what everyone thinks.

Feel free to rank a top 10 or list as many as you know.
Scott County played three freshmen major minutes in the Cumberland Falls Classic. Cunningham is a natural point guard, Gilbert won the 3-point shooting contest, and Portwood played well around the basket. SC should be a really good team next year.
Darion Burns, Fleming County
I thought the best was Jackson Davis from Lafayette...
The Davis kid from Lafayette is the best freshman in the state.... PERIOD>>>
Quinten Snider from Ballard is a pretty good player.
[YOUTUBE="Quentin Snider (2014) - Ballard"]8jaGISobg6I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Jackson Davis (2014) - Lafayette"]YHtwcSV-yHM[/YOUTUBE]

DeAngelo Russell of Central is very good also.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:[YOUTUBE="Quentin Snider (2014) - Ballard"]8jaGISobg6I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Jackson Davis (2014) - Lafayette"]YHtwcSV-yHM[/YOUTUBE]

DeAngelo Russell of Central is very good also.

Yes he is.
Vikings20 Wrote:Darion Burns, Fleming County

Kid is a player.
idk about the state,but for the 15th region,i'd say dillon meade from pike county central...:Cheerlead
i dont bleave he would b the best in the state but justin johnsonfrom sc has alot of potenial n has the size to bcome a great player in the 15th if he dont get ran off
Snider looks like a high level D-I guard. Only a freshman, wow. He will be playing at a BCS school.
Shane Hall from Johnson Central has to be one of the top 5 freshmen in the state.
I was very impressed with 2 freshmen in NKY that I saw play tonight. McNeil led Walton Verona over Grant Co. 62-51 and a kid coming off the bench for Grant named Carr.
Burns from Fleming and Davis from Lafayette!!
MR. Slate Wrote:Shane Hall from Johnson Central has to be one of the top 5 freshmen in the state.

I Agree. I'm going to enjoy watching this kid grow!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
thee justice kid from east ridge will be good he is not a freshman but a 8th grader and starts for ER high school real talented kid
MR. Slate Wrote:Shane Hall from Johnson Central has to be one of the top 5 freshmen in the state.
I'm sure he is not the best in the state, but I am like you in thinking he has to be up there in the top 5 or 10 at least. If this kid continues to improve he could be a real player someday. He would benefit from moving to a more basketball oriented school IMO.
LCDawg Wrote:I'm sure he is not the best in the state, but I am like you in thinking he has to be up there in the top 5 or 10 at least. If this kid continues to improve he could be a real player someday. He would benefit from moving to a more basketball oriented school IMO.

2nd that !!!

How big is Hall? Post player? Guard?
riverstarz Wrote:How big is Hall? Post player? Guard?

Forward - 6'6
Shane Hall

Davis (Lafayette)
Snider (Ballard)
Johnson (Lafayette)
Hatton (Dixie Heights)
Gilbert (Scott County)
Beverly (Perry Central) - 7th Grade
shane hall is taller than 6'6 but yes, id rate him top 10 but i havnt seen davis or cunningham play
Brandon Hatton: Dixie Heights, Guard, stands around 6'1-6'2

2010-2011 stats: avg. 18 points per game, shot over 50% from the field, over 40% from 3, 3rd on the team in rebounds with 113. Scored 18 points in Sweet 16 1st round game against LexCath. Played and im pretty sure started in all 33 games this year.
Personally, Ill go with Justin Johnson from Sheldon Clark High School. He's averaged 15 points and 15 rebounds as a 14 year old freshman. Sheldon Clark played Bowling Green in tourny down in Lexington and Chane Behanan (Louisville Commit and ESPN rated 17 player in the nation) was guarded by Johnson. Chane did have 17 points but only 7 rebounds compared to Johnson's 14 points and 19 rebounds.
I'm 15 years old & i played against Jackson Daivis in the 8th grade state tournament. This kid is the real deal. Shane hall is pretty good also but he will never be looked at by a collage unless he puts some weight and muscle on. Some 8th graders should be mentiond in this thread even though its for freshman. I know many who are better than hall such as newsome of shelby valley and malik manica from farnsley in louisville. Cameron justice of eastridge highschool and a few more.