Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here we go again!
Do we have to have a thread for every game in the state of KY?

I realize what some want to accomplish by doing this but, MAN it get's old scrolling down to threads that people are acutally interested in.

It's nice to get on this site and see what new responses have been submitted since your last visit, but now it takes too long to scroll down and look at the second page to see what people are really commenting on.

I'm also tired of some padding their posts by going to every single thread and saying

Congrats PCC or

Congrats Dogs!

Sorry, for starting this but does anyone else feel like I do?:HitWall:
The posting "Congrats" on every thread really annoys me. It is the same people that do it over and over again. In my opinion, it's fine if you post on one or two threads, "Congrats Wildcats! Great game tonight!", but it's not okay to post "congrats" or "^" on every thread in the forum.
I agree 100% with blue1424.
I agree with the "congrats", or even worse, "grats"... but, it is a basketball board so people want to talk about basketball. How do we choose what games to talk about and what games don't make the cut? The holiday season is worse just because so many teams are playing just about every day. After the new year and regular season gets going the number of individual game threads will slow down.
Someone can create a topic and post about the game if they want to talk about it rather than just posting the score of the game and a blank message, if you have insight, box score or something to say and you want feedback on it
blue1424 Wrote:The posting "Congrats" on every thread really annoys me. It is the same people that do it over and over again. In my opinion, it's fine if you post on one or two threads, "Congrats Wildcats! Great game tonight!", but it's not okay to post "congrats" or "^" on every thread in the forum.
congrats,,,lol
Guy's, this site is primarily a High School sports website. We don't pay a dime for the privilege to use this site. No one, I mean no one, gets a dime for the number of posts that they have, nor the number of threads that they create.

I would love to see every single game commented on this site. I've been to the other sites and seen games from all across the state commented on. I am proud to say that this same criticism has been launched for football and basketball ever since I have been a member. Football was the exact same thing. No one wanted to see threads on games for NKY and WKY. Now, we have an extremely active group of posters from both of those areas that gets intelligent comments on them every single week. Basketball is getting better, and eventually will have the EXACT same following as Football!

Now, that said, everyone has their opinions. And what makes this site distinctly different than the other "PAY" sites, is that the site will be tolerant to all. If a thread is created, then there is no issue with commenting on it. If the comment is not something that you agree with, you have a right to comment on that post. If the post means nothing to you, then ignore it.

I am happy that this site is for all and the restrictions are minimal. This site is for FUN! If a member gets on this site and posts ANYTHING, then it is a success for the site and the attention that we are bringing to it. But this site will not be ruled by rules! This site will allow for all members to participate in any fashion that they wish.

Two years ago, all that was said is that it would be the demise of BGR. It would run all of the GOOD posters away. This site now is second to none. It has as many members and I dare say the best posters than any site. This site is an option for all of us. I suggest we all choose to accept it for what it is. I have no interest in going out and creating my own for my own set of rules, nor do I suggest anyone else.
goodguy Wrote:Do we have to have a thread for every game in the state of KY?

I realize what some want to accomplish by doing this but, MAN it get's old scrolling down to threads that people are acutally interested in.

It's nice to get on this site and see what new responses have been submitted since your last visit, but now it takes too long to scroll down and look at the second page to see what people are really commenting on.

I'm also tired of some padding their posts by going to every single thread and saying

Congrats PCC or

Congrats Dogs!

Sorry, for starting this but does anyone else feel like I do?:HitWall:

So we should only start threads that you are interested in?
blue1424 Wrote:The posting "Congrats" on every thread really annoys me. It is the same people that do it over and over again. In my opinion, it's fine if you post on one or two threads, "Congrats Wildcats! Great game tonight!", but it's not okay to post "congrats" or "^" on every thread in the forum.

Congrats to you on such a fine post. :zzz:
Benchwarmer Wrote:So we should only start threads that you are interested in?

Yes, that's exactly what I want!:eyeroll:

I would hope you are wise enough to know what I'm talking about. If you start a thread, then that should be something you are interested in and you should comment on it.

Go back several pages and see how many threads have no posts on them, or at least anyone posting a comment other than......
Congrats.

If you look at them, then you may understand what I'm talking about.

If I want just a score of a game I go to KHSAA's site and see the score. If I want the box score, I go to the Lex Herald Leaders site to see the individual stats.

It does not suprise me to see a comment like you made in reference to this thread. You are consistently "true to form".
Stardust Wrote:Guy's, this site is primarily a High School sports website. We don't pay a dime for the privilege to use this site. No one, I mean no one, gets a dime for the number of posts that they have, nor the number of threads that they create.

I would love to see every single game commented on this site. I've been to the other sites and seen games from all across the state commented on. I am proud to say that this same criticism has been launched for football and basketball ever since I have been a member. Football was the exact same thing. No one wanted to see threads on games for NKY and WKY. Now, we have an extremely active group of posters from both of those areas that gets intelligent comments on them every single week. Basketball is getting better, and eventually will have the EXACT same following as Football!

Now, that said, everyone has their opinions. And what makes this site distinctly different than the other "PAY" sites, is that the site will be tolerant to all. If a thread is created, then there is no issue with commenting on it. If the comment is not something that you agree with, you have a right to comment on that post. If the post means nothing to you, then ignore it.

I am happy that this site is for all and the restrictions are minimal. This site is for FUN! If a member gets on this site and posts ANYTHING, then it is a success for the site and the attention that we are bringing to it. But this site will not be ruled by rules! This site will allow for all members to participate in any fashion that they wish.

Two years ago, all that was said is that it would be the demise of BGR. It would run all of the GOOD posters away. This site now is second to none. It has as many members and I dare say the best posters than any site. This site is an option for all of us. I suggest we all choose to accept it for what it is. I have no interest in going out and creating my own for my own set of rules, nor do I suggest anyone else.

The reason you see comments on threads all across the state is because the person that started the thread actually had some input or comment about the game, not just posting a score. You don't see one or two people starting several dozen threads just posting the game score without any comments or input about the specific game.

Just expressing my opinion. I agree with all you say except for the above bolded sentence.
Stardust Wrote:Guy's, this site is primarily a High School sports website. We don't pay a dime for the privilege to use this site. No one, I mean no one, gets a dime for the number of posts that they have, nor the number of threads that they create.

Then why have rules if they are not followed or enforced?

9. Post padding will not be tolerated. Topics are there for your view pleasure but you are not required to post something in every one that you open. If you have no real opinion or knowledge on a subject, please move on to another one. Posting one word sentences like "cool" or things such as "I don't know" will be removed from the thread and will be deducted from your post count and points
maybe we could create a thread with just the scores of games in a 2-3 day span. After the 3 days we erase the old thread and start a new one and then if someone wants to comment on a game, they could start their own thread. i don't have anything against all those threads and congrats replies that are currently there, but this is an idea

No disrespect meant but that is an exageration!
goodguy Wrote:Yes, that's exactly what I want!:eyeroll:

I would hope you are wise enough to know what I'm talking about. If you start a thread, then that should be something you are interested in and you should comment on it.

Go back several pages and see how many threads have no posts on them, or at least anyone posting a comment other than......
Congrats.

If you look at them, then you may understand what I'm talking about.

If I want just a score of a game I go to KHSAA's site and see the score. If I want the box score, I go to the Lex Herald Leaders site to see the individual stats.

It does not suprise me to see a comment like you made in reference to this thread. You are consistently "true to form".

Congrats on trying to insult me. :Thumbs:
You now what bothers me? People that starts thread in the wrong forum. This is boys basketball forum not general discussion.
Thread Closed!!