Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timmy Knipp to Kentucky
Gotcha!:yikes: Thought it was a good way to open a discussion and get people in the thread to hear their views(moderators have sense of humor). My question is why hasn't the likes of Kentucky, Louisville, West Virginia, etc.(local D-1's) been after this kid. It seems to me that alot of talent has slipped through the fingers of colleges excluding Louisville (and there fan base is growing because I am a diehard Kentucky fan but I still will watch Preston and Elisha play anyday when the cats aren't on; because they are kentucky boys and we all followed them throughout high school). IMO And it may be a biased one, but Knipp is growing into one of the better high school basketball players I have ever seen. Last year people rode him for shooting to much and throughout his career for being to lazy; which in some cases I agree. But I think credit needs to be given where it is due. I know it is early on in the season but after watching this kid throughout his career (whenever they play near) he is the most raw, uncoached, most improved every year, and athletic kid I have seen. This year is especially different because he is more team oriented; I guess the EKU commit took a lot off his back. But I am curious to see if other people have seen him play this year and if this kid develops in college to his potential what do you see in his future? I have seen alot of kids go to other colleges and they have done really well in the last 6 years but I hate the fact that the most talented IMO will be doing the same.
inspiron Wrote:Gotcha!:yikes: Thought it was a good way to open a discussion and get people in the thread to hear their views(moderators have sense of humor). My question is why hasn't the likes of Kentucky, Louisville, West Virginia, etc.(local D-1's) been after this kid. It seems to me that alot of talent has slipped through the fingers of colleges excluding Louisville (and there fan base is growing because I am a diehard Kentucky fan but I still will watch Preston and Elisha play anyday when the cats aren't on; because they are kentucky boys and we all followed them throughout high school). IMO And it may be a biased one, but Knipp is growing into one of the better high school basketball players I have ever seen. Last year people rode him for shooting to much and throughout his career for being to lazy; which in some cases I agree. But I think credit needs to be given where it is due. I know it is early on in the season but after watching this kid throughout his career (whenever they play near) he is the most raw, uncoached, most improved every year, and athletic kid I have seen. This year is especially different because he is more team oriented; I guess the EKU commit took a lot off his back. But I am curious to see if other people have seen him play this year and if this kid develops in college to his potential what do you see in his future? I have seen alot of kids go to other colleges and they have done really well in the last 6 years but I hate the fact that the most talented IMO will be doing the same.
I haven't seen him since he was a sophomore at the state tournament, but unless he's made broad leaps in his game, he is not Kentucky or Louisville material. He would probably fit in nicely for Morehead or Eastern, and would be a star for Georgetown College if he wanted to go to the NAIA.
Of course, I haven't seen him in a while so I may be missing something here. But I just can't see him fitting in with a Calipari gameplan.
He has already committed to Eastern Kentucky University. This thread needs to be closed.