Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg Basketball
How long has it been since Prestonsburg has had a really good basketball team? What is their problem? What are your thoughts?
Prestonsburg has won the district championship several times since 2000 and have only missed the region tourney maybe 3 or 4 times during that time span. Not that bad for a football school, which ultimately hurts the Blackcats basketball team. Our entire basketball team consists of football players and never really any true basketball players. This year there are more basketball players than football players on the varsity from my understanding, but the talent really isn't there or some of the boys are just inexperienced. Last time we had some good basketball players was in 05-06 with Sean Leslie, Lewis Barnette, Michael Stephens, Brooks Herricks, who also had some good football players producing too. I personally thought we had the most talented team that year in the region, but things got cut short by an early exit to the hands of Belfry. I do think if Jack Pack coached that team, they would've possibly won region that year.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Prestonsburg has won the district championship several times since 2000 and have only missed the region tourney maybe 3 or 4 times during that time span. Not that bad for a football school, which ultimately hurts the Blackcats basketball team. Our entire basketball team consists of football players and never really any true basketball players. This year there are more basketball players than football players on the varsity from my understanding, but the talent really isn't there or some of the boys are just inexperienced. Last time we had some good basketball players was in 05-06 with Sean Leslie, Lewis Barnette, Michael Stephens, Brooks Herricks, who also had some good football players producing too. I personally thought we had the most talented team that year in the region, but things got cut short by an early exit to the hands of Belfry. I do think if Jack Pack coached that team, they would've possibly won region that year.

You got that right.