Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 62 Lee County 60 (OT)
Final from North Laurel and the Hoop It Up Classic.
Did the team play well? Do you have any stats?
LCC
Stewart 18 pts 12 rebs
Roark 19 pts 4 assts 4 steals
Johnson 9 pts 6 rebs
Boggs 8 pts 6 rebs

Lee Co
Gabbard 18 pts
Evans 14 pts
Pittman 10 pts 7 rebs

FG
LCC 22-57
Lee 19-46

LCC 9 15 11 20 7 62
Lee 14 10 8 23 5 60

Johnson hits a running 3 to send into overtime and then tips in rebound with 3 seconds in OT to win the game.
Must have been fun to watch
A mild upset.
Thanks for the stats
UPSET? What are you talking about? Letcher is picked 1st in their district and Lee isnt even picked to win the very weak 56th. Letcher is one of the 4 picked to win the region behind Hazard, Perry and Knott. That is the only 4 that will go out of this region and Buckhorn is probably 5th. The rest just can't compete with these 5.
Letcher is pretty good watched them play several games this season they will good the next couple years especially when they only have one senior and they have a good JV team also..prolly will see them go a little ways during turny time
This tournament, and the WYMT Classic will help them. I think we are still without the Ballou kid right? He is s playmaker.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:This tournament, and the WYMT Classic will help them. I think we are still without the Ballou kid right? He is s playmaker.

Yep, still without Ballou, he tried to play in this game, but is still having some pain according to his dad, they are wanting him to be back by the WYMT Classic.....Lcc is good without him but can be great with him!!!!!!!!
Lee County will struggle with pressure. Just too many easy turnovers or they take home a win.Pittman got into foul trouble and they have a very small lineup w/o him.
Letcher Central has won two games in OT this year as opposed to last year losing those close games. Winning ugly is a good sign sometimes. Ballou must work on fundamental aspects of the game with his explosiveness taken away right now.
Wall4president Wrote:UPSET? What are you talking about? Letcher is picked 1st in their district and Lee isnt even picked to win the very weak 56th. Letcher is one of the 4 picked to win the region behind Hazard, Perry and Knott. That is the only 4 that will go out of this region and Buckhorn is probably 5th. The rest just can't compete with these 5.

Who picked LCC as 1st in the district?
Congrats to Letcher
Congrats LCC. Good effort from Lee Co.
Really happy with the effort put forth by Lee County, I was really hoping for the upset!! Good game Bobcats!

Congrats to the Cougars on the win!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Congrats LCC
Congrats Letcher. As far as the 5 teams stated noone can compete with isnt fully true. Lee stayed right with Letcher and they had to go into overtime to win it. Also heard from a few sources that the 3 pointer to send it into overtime was a 2 foot on the line or something but was counted as 3.
There was no question that the 3 was behind the line. Johnson was way inside the line upon landing.

Lee County is in the mix.
Wall4president Wrote:UPSET? What are you talking about? Letcher is picked 1st in their district and Lee isnt even picked to win the very weak 56th. Letcher is one of the 4 picked to win the region behind Hazard, Perry and Knott. That is the only 4 that will go out of this region and Buckhorn is probably 5th. The rest just can't compete with these 5.

i dont see how knott isn't 1st in that district? defending champs and alot more talented team then lcc. whoever done that ranking/pick sure must not keep up to well with high school basketball.