Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organ Donation . . . . For It or Against It?
What are your thoughts on organ donation?

My thoughts revolve around the fact that it saved my father's life--so I tend to believe in it to a high degree.

Have you signed the back of your license? Have you made your wishes known? IF you had to decide--would you make the decision to donate a loved ones organs if something were to happen to that person?

Are there any ethical arguments?
I have nothing against it.. it's great.. every life it saves is one more reason why it's such a good thing
I think it is even better than great. My Dad was on death's door--and all it took to bring him back to his normal life was a new liver . . . .

But it was amazing how much he remembered (when he was supposed to be in a coma) . . . . . thank God it worked out okay--because everything that has came out of it has been GREAT!
i am totally against organ donation...... churches have enough
I'm for it
I see absolutly nothing wrong with it and think it is a good thing. But I have not signed the back of my drivers license. Not sure if I will.
I'm against it.
They would have let my mom die back in '86 if she would have been an organ donor but instead my grandfather and my father refused to sign the paper for the donation when she was in a coma and well, she is in perfect health now...20 years later..
I've heard stuff like that too tribe and that's one of the reasons I probably wont sign the back of my license.
im for it
UKGIRL20 Wrote:I've heard stuff like that too tribe and that's one of the reasons I probably wont sign the back of my license.

I won't be signing mine.
I mean I wouldn't have my mom if she had signed hers.
i'm for it, but you may not agree with me but i haven't signed the back of my DL, because i'm afraid if i'm in a bad accident, but i can be saved an the doctor knows someone who needs my organs, they may just let me die, but if their is no hope, my family knows that i want to donate them. I'm not saying that any doctor in the world would do this, but its just a scary thought for me.
I want to donate my organs, but I haven't signed the back of my license.
evillive Wrote:i am totally against organ donation...... churches have enough
Completely agree!!!!!!!!:bounce:
The way i see it is you came in this world with the organs and if u want to give them away and save a life go ahead there yours not any one else so really thats a decison that has to be made by a person but im against donating my organs beacuse i came in the world with them im leaving with them............
For IT
Im for it. i figure if im brain dead or being kept alive on a machine i dont need them anymore. saving someones life would be awesome.
Blackcat75 Wrote:i'm for it, but you may not agree with me but i haven't signed the back of my DL, because i'm afraid if i'm in a bad accident, but i can be saved an the doctor knows someone who needs my organs, they may just let me die, but if their is no hope, my family knows that i want to donate them. I'm not saying that any doctor in the world would do this, but its just a scary thought for me.

I see where you are at here. But keep in mind--doctors/hospitals are really past this . . .

Keep in mind--doctors are in it to win it. They get more accomplishment out of saving someone than they do by taking it easy and not giving you the full attention that you deserve if something happens to you. Not to mention the fact that they would face serious disciplinary action (like jail) by making an arbritary decision to not give you the proper care to save your live.

Also, just because you sign the back of your license doesn't mean that you are signing away your rights to your organs. Out of courteousy--doctors, hospitals still consult with the family to ensure that this was the wish of the donator.

Keep in mind--organ donation and transplants are nothing like they used to be. People don't sit on a list and get first come first served type service. The list is adminstered by need. And the process (on both sides) has come a LONG way.
Blackcat75 Wrote:i'm for it, but you may not agree with me but i haven't signed the back of my DL, because i'm afraid if i'm in a bad accident, but i can be saved an the doctor knows someone who needs my organs, they may just let me die, but if their is no hope, my family knows that i want to donate them. I'm not saying that any doctor in the world would do this, but its just a scary thought for me.
If you donate a organ, the Dr. doesnt even know who is going to get it. For example, if you are a parent, and your child needed a organ, you couldnt comit sucide and leave the organ your child needed to your child. It will go to the next person on the list. Dr.'s have no say what so ever in who gets what.

I have a living will donating my organs. All of them except for eyes and skin. My eyes are so bad, I wouldnt wish them on anyone. And they way they take you skin off... I know I would be dead and not feel it, but it still creeps me out.
i wasn't trying to stir up anything, an i said that i wasn't saying a doctor would do this, the thought of it just kind of gets me
my real thought is that the doctor has a close friend or family member that needs it, it just scares me. but i am totally cool with donating them, but they prob won't want my liver, its expensive to keep him happy, lol. and i have full trust in doctors.