DEC. 28:
3pm: Tug Valley vs. East Ridge
5pm:: Phelps vs. Gilbert
9pm: Belfry vs. Perry Central

DEC. 29:
3pm: Perry Central vs. Phelps
5pm: Williamson Vs. East Ridge
9pm: Belfry vs. Tug Valley
Are the times correct for the last game each night ? There is like a four hour gap in between games.

The Tug vs Belfry game oughta be good . Tug is young this yr outside of Austin Vance and Mason Pack. But they scrap. i have heard very good things out of Belfry. East Ridge is playing better than people expected. Perry Central is always tough. Matewan has three starters back from last yr.
Williamson isnt a deep team. But the Wolfpack has four very good players. I see some great matchups.
east ridge vs. williamson game should be a good one.
will all these games be on the radio???
id say perry central will go 3-0 here.
wood_chuck Wrote:id say perry central will go 3-0 here.

:Thumbs: I think so too.
wood_chuck Wrote:id say perry central will go 3-0 here.

Belfry can physically match-up with Perry and Tug Valley is as good as anyone, they will beat Phelps as bad as they want.

More than likely 2-1, possibly 1-2.
east ridge will shock alot of people in these games...
*east ridge vs. phelps-er by16\
*perry central vs. tug valley-pc by 14
*belfry vs. matewan-belfry by 22+
Dec.28
*tug valley vs. east ridge-er by 21
*phelps vs. gilbert-gilbert by 6 in ot
*belfry vs. perry central-pc by 6\
Dec.29
*perry central vs. phelps-upset phelps by 4
*williamson vs. east ridge-er by 12
*belfry vs. tug valley-tug valley by 16...
people is going to see alot out of east ridges young lineup
and dont be surprised to see them go 3-0 in this classic
Skyhawk Wrote:Belfry can physically match-up with Perry and Tug Valley is as good as anyone, they will beat Phelps as bad as they want.

More than likely 2-1, possibly 1-2.

No one is gonna be able to handle perrys size, hopefully.
Joethegreek - The Belfry girls play in between the 5-9 games.

Branham20 - While East Ridge very well could go 3-0, you pick them by 21 over Tug Valley, and Tug Valley by 16 over Belfry? Come on man. East Ridge and Tug Valley should be a very close game, as Belfry/TV likely will. Tug Valley and Belfry played very close in a scrimmage a few weeks back, I don't remember who won, but Belfry didn't have Messer, Runyon, Bentley, or Robinson (Who combined for 45 against Westside, WV) By your logic, East Ridge should beat Belfry by 30 plus. We'll see Tuesday, Belfry vs. ER @ Phelps. As far as ER vs. TV at the Schoolboy, you're really counting out Austin Vance and Mason Pack (6'8) for Tug Valley. Vance is a very talented guard, super athletic all around (First ever retired football jersey at Tug Valley) so McClanhan/Pack and Justice/Vance will be something to watch.

king360 - I think Belfry and Perry Central will be a very good game. A good matchup is gonna be the big kid (Help me with a name?) and Morgan Bentley. Morgan's only about 6'3, but he has given numerous big guys fits with his nasty physicality, and Tony Messer (6'5) has gotten alot more physical too. Good to have those defensive lineman down low. Can't wait for that matchup.

Winners in BOLD
DEC. 27
3pm: Phelps vs. East Ridge
5pm: Perry Central vs. Tug Valley
9pm: Belfry vs. Matewan

DEC. 28:
3pm: Tug Valley vs. East Ridge
5pm:: Phelps vs. Gilbert
9pm: Belfry vs. Perry Central

DEC. 29:
3pm: Perry Central vs. Phelps
5pm: Williamson Vs. East Ridge
9pm: Belfry vs. Tug Valley
well id like to think east ridge is a little better than tug vally.
perry central is this best team that's going to be here and they will win each of these games by 10+ points. no one can compete with their size. they have six people 6'3 or taller but four of them play. dillon cornett is 6'8 300lbs, belfry won't be able to handle that size. they will leave here 3-0.
wood_chuck --

Belfry's starters:
Jordan Varney (6'2)
Gary Runyon (6'2)
Chris Altizer (6'0)
Morgan Bentley (6'3)
Joey Pinson (6'6)

Bench:
Tony Messer (6'5)
Jared Masters (6'3)
Josh Robinson (6'0)

-- There may also be 2 other boys on the team by this game. One, is awaiting a KHSAA decision and the other was forced to quit by a parent but may be back. Both of them are 6'4, the first plays on the perimeter. So Belfry does have a little bit of size themselves. I do agree Perry Central is the favorite, but I do look for BHS to pull it out. PC is also big, so it should be a good matchup. As far as Cornett, you're right that will be tough to stop, but if you know anything about the boys in red & white, they like to get physical! Whether it's football, basketball, or soccer, they'll get a little rough.

E.Ridge -- It'll be something to watch. Vance is such a talented guard. It may come down to who plays well outside of Justice/Vance/McClanahan/Pack but any of those 4 are talented enough to have a huge game.
go Pirates, i hope Messer dunks on somebody,lol
cuppett777 Wrote:go Pirates, i hope Messer dunks on somebody,lol

Oh man I thought for sure Pinson had him one tonight! Went up two handed but the guy got in front of him just enough for him to have to lay it in.
i cant wait till EAST RIDGE AND BELFRY lock horns should be a good one.
ttt
E.ridge Wrote:well id like to think east ridge is a little better than tug vally.
think again. i watched tug a few times over the summer. they are very tough to handle. i see them beatin the ridge and belfry.
ahould be a very good game ( EAST RIDGE VS. TUG VALLEY)
ok i put them scores because did u see belfrey lose to boyd county...anything can happen and its a prediction..
like i said on the mkcc er will go 3-0 in this one too..
and sorry but messer wont dunk on anyone..
he tried dunking on my bot kory thacker that plays for er and he got up there had the dunk and got swated..so yeah
er should go 3-0 in this classic to. tug valley will be the only challenge and they should beat them by 20 + points.
I know that this is way too early to ask. Is there a snow plan if they cant go Monday ? There is going to be some good games. I think that the Williamson vs East Ridge will be a good one. Also will Strothers be eligible to play this week ?
joethegreek Wrote:I know that this is way too early to ask. Is there a snow plan if they cant go Monday ? There is going to be some good games. I think that the Williamson vs East Ridge will be a good one. Also will Strothers be eligible to play this week ?

Last year's Schoolboy was played in the middle of the snow that knocked power out, so... I don't see it getting cancelled. Strother should have been eligible to play weeks ago. Haywood will not hurry them to send papers and get everything done the way he does w/ football players.

E.Ridge -- Don't get too cocky bub. One game at a time.

Branham20 -- I have no problem w/ predicting, but I was just saying I thought you were a little over the top. I don't remember Tony trying to dunk and getting swatted by anyone. He doesn't have alot of confidence in his dunking ability yet. If anyone's gonna put one on someone's head it'll be Pinson or Strother. Maybe Varney in the right gym.
3-0 Perry Central
Are the games still on? Any updates on the schedule?
Are Tug Valley, Williamson, Matewan, and Gilbert all WV teams?
the games were cancelled for today.
Yes, Williamson, Tug Valley, Matewan, and Gilbert are all WV teams.
Why were they canceld