Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marty Keith Casey Classic @ Phelps Dec. 20-22nd
Times and Schools, 1st team listed is home team.

Dec. 20th-
5:30 East Ridge/Boyd Co.
7:00 Belfry/Gilbert
8:30 Phelps/Matewan

Dec. 21st
5:30 Belfry/Boyd Co.
7:00 Gilbert/East Ridge
8:30 Phelps/Burch

Dec. 22nd
6:00 East Ridge/Belfry
7:30 Phelps/Boyd Co.
Belfry should roll against Gilbert. Gilbert lost four starters from last years state tourney team. The Burch Bulldogs has four starters back from last yrs team. But they are missing a couple of them right now. Matewan has three starters back from last yr.
is boyd co. any good??
I dont know. rany anderson who has been at lawrence County is there new coach. i will do some research
alright thanks.
watch out for eeast ridge...
they are coming off a hard fought battle against lcc
and looking for some pay back.
i think they will surprise everyone in this marty keith classsic..
belfry will also be prepared to play
Was getting ready to post this one for Marty.... This should be a decent tourney and hope to see a good turn out for all involved!!! Good luck everyone!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Dec. 20th-
5:30 East Ridge/Boyd Co.
Don't know much about East Ridge, but I know they've got the young guard who's on fire, and the big Center. I'll put my money on the 15th region.
7:00 Belfry/Gilbert
Gilbert lost alot, and I've watched this Pirate team as much as anyone without a jersey and not named Randy Casey. Post game proves to be too much.
8:30 Phelps/Matewan
Phelps lost everything, Matewan should take it led by Chaz Clusky.

Dec. 21st
5:30 Belfry/Boyd Co.
Like I said before, Don't know much about Boyd but I'll take my Pirates.
7:00 Gilbert/East Ridge
Gilbert lost too much. If they have anyone who can stop Justice, they don't have one who can stop McClanahan and vice versa.
8:30 Phelps/Burch
Will be a good game, simply because these two are on the same level. I'll take the 15th region team.

Dec. 22nd
6:00 East Ridge/Belfry
CANNOT wait for this game. Belfry really put it to East Ridge last year 80-53. Bentley both last season and in summer ball has had McClanhan's number. Would imagine Chris Altizer and Jordan Varney will both do work with Justice, with Bentley and McClanahan battling once again. I'll take my Pirates.
7:30 Phelps/Boyd Co.
belfryo3o4 your right east ridge/ belfry game game should be a really good game . it will show were both teams are at on the young season.
will all these games be on the radio all three days????
did phelps win tonight?
E.ridge Wrote:did phelps win tonight?

Yes sir. I went 2-1 on my picks tonight. Phelps surprises me, Matewan must not have much.
Does anyone have the score of the Boyd Co./East Ridge game?
did you watch the game ??? is phelps good or is matewan just that bad.
ER 74 boyd co. 47
Very exciting tournament tonight! Glad I made the trip to Phelps.
East Ridge killed Boyd, Belfry put in on Gilbert but did not surprise me as they lost 4 starters from last year. Phelps beat Matewan as it was Matewans first regular season game. Clusky from Matewan is the real deal. He had 25 or more tonight. Matewan has a lot of potential but just needs some games under they're belt. Two big kids down low aren't bad and will get better as the season goes on.
so how did gilbert look can east ridge beat them?
E.ridge Wrote:so how did gilbert look can east ridge beat them?

To be honest, they looked terrible. We rolled over them. Should be an easy ER win.
thamks for the info. man i cant wait for tomorrow. east ridge vs belfry= barn burnner
Belfry loses to Boyd County, don't have a score. The issue is, we didn't box anyone out and Boyd didn't miss free throws, Belfry missed way too many. Altizer & Varney in foul trouble nearly the whole game, and Pinson gets hurt late in the 4th. Could make for a long night against the Warriors tomorrow night.
did east ridge win tonight? hope the pinson kid is alright.
They were up HUGE when I left after the 1st. Justice was getting fouled left and right, he had to have had double digits in the 1st quarter. I hope he is too, very athletic for a 6'6 kid, left in shorts with ice taped to his ankle, was carried out. We have to play better than that tomorrow night.
thanks if you get any word on the final score post it. and i hope it gets better do you think he will get to play tomorrow??
E.ridge Wrote:thanks if you get any word on the final score post it. and i hope it gets better do you think he will get to play tomorrow??

64-60. Missed free throws.

No chance, He has a bad sprain and a fracture. He'll be out for a while. Hopefully our other player will be eligible to play against ER so we have a better chance.
what was the final in the east ridge game?
Yes ER wins big and Phelps defeats Burch . ER looks strong great from the 3point line and the big boy hits the boards. Very scrappy bunch. Phelps look very good tonight as they revenge a earlier lost to Burch both team very physical with Phelps coming out on top.Coach Varney Doing a great job with the hornets.