Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
top freshmen teams in the 58th?
lets here it!!
South Floyd
Prestonsburg
Pburg
Betsy Layne
Prestonsburg has a really good freshman team.
Prestonsburg
To my knowledge SF's freshmen have not played anyone else in the district, I think they are 2-1 on the year so not many game it might be 3-1. they have good gaurd play and shooters but need some help in the lowpost which will come after the county tournament when the 6-7 eight grader move up. They where supposed to play Ac last week but with the snow could not.
I saw a couple of their freshmen play in a JV game early in the season and they can flat shoot the 3's
yeah south floyds freshmen can shoot the 3's.. wesley akers hit 8 the other night against david school. comeing 1 3 shy of tyler halls record. tyler was a senior hitting 9, akers is a freshmen hitting 8. he should have the record b4 hes gone
No wonder he hit 8 threes its the David School.

Posted Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:36 pm:

I think that Prestonsburg has a good Freshman Team. With Taylor Clark at the point has help them alot plus with his ability to shoot the three. Although Hall and Hughes can also shoo the three...they are deadly from behind the arch. Down low you Lafferty who is strong in the post and has a nice jump stop. Nate Stephens helps them with the boards, and has came up with some big shots.
i could see were ur comeing from if he would have shot his arm off and made 8 threes against david but akers went 8-12..thats 67%
I have to agree with you about shooting that high from the three point line. But is shooting everything? I look for Akers to have a good shooting career but what about defense?
Hammerhead, wes is working very hard on the other parts of his game played good def the other night in the jv game against east ridge and is having to handle the ball a little more. Shooting 675 is pretty good and if you watched wes in middle school he would have shot 12 times in the first half so he is working hard and becoming a good little gaurd that will be heard from in years to come.
I think that Sf Freshman team can be strong if they had the rgiht attitude, but the top 58th Freshman team is pburg.

Posted Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:20 pm:

Little J I have a question what about Jordan Hall he use to go to sf now he goes to pburg do u think that he has imroved any?
The right attitude? They have played 3 games and most of them did not see a lot of court time in the 8th grade. I agree Pburg right now has the top freshmen team but with SF middle going 12-0 in the conference and 15-2 going into the county tournament they will have a good team next year and this years team will be hard to beat at the end of the season. I wish they had the district freshmen tournament again like they did when SF's juniors won it.
Quote:hammerhead jordan and wes has both improved alot and jordan jus looks to score when wes helps his team to find the way to win!!!!
Jordan was a decent player last year and I know his family pretty good and Have not got a chance to see him in a game yet to tell you. As everyone knows if it is not a officated game you can not tell how much a kid has improve just by seeing in a pickup game or two. Has jordan grew anymore, the only thing that hurt jordan when he was younger was an attitude if a foul was called against him, if he has controled that he will make a pretty good player.
Yes i have seem him play hes attitude has changed alot, and he has good character...... I think over the years he relized how much his attitude hurt him.

Posted Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:12 pm:

Balla i have to disagree i have looked at the stats and jordan gets at least 6 assist per game.

Posted Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:12 pm:

Balla i have to disagree i have looked at the stats and jordan gets at least 6 assist per game.
Betsy Layne's Freshman only beat the David School by 6 points.
It was a very close game until the final minutes of the 4th quarter when B.L pulled away with it. Final Score was 47-41.
Tyler Hamilton had 19 points for the Bobcats.

South Floyd's freshman team beat the David School by 34 at SF. And then beat them 13 at The David School.

Bobcats doesn't have stong defense. They often run a 1-3-1 or a 2-3 which isn't that affective on quicker teams. B.L's center Tyler Hamilton is tough to handle inside.
South Floyd has quick guards and 3 point shooters and are very tough outside.
Thats the only thing wrong with comparing Freshmen teams, because of BL weakness on the varsity at backup center Trey Whit is playing a lot of minutes and doing a fine job and if he was on the freshmen team they would be a lot better. Also because of this I believe Pburg and SF have the upper hand and would be a fun game to watch.
What about pburg they had a strong win over the Bobcats

Posted Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:52 pm:

what grade is the whit boy in and how do u spell his name
His name is Trey Whit #42 on the varsity and he is a freshmen.
Congrats to pburg on their win.
Haven't herd much about the AC freshman, any good? They were one of the top four teams in the county as 8th graders.
I do not know much about the AC team but johnny has a 8th grader getting a little minutes here and there. So either the freshmen are weak this year or the 8th grader is a really good player, do not know so do not want to say one way or another.
Dont know about this year ,but South Floyd should have a good Freshmen class coming up next year.
They should if they all play i think the middle school has 12 8th graders.
prestonsburg is a good freshmen team but think about this. most there freshmens are SUPPOSE to be sophmores who should not even be playin freshmen ball. south floyds freshmen team has alot of talent and will be a strong contender come tourny time. next yr sfs freshmen team will be unstoppable!!..the middle school bunch went like 14-2 for the season. plus 6'7 power house devon adams will be a freshmen next yr!
Devin will be hard to handle but with the Raiders losing Stanley and Little Devin might not see a lot of action on the Freshmen team he might have to play a lot of jv and varsity along with the point gaurd Adam Slone who is 6' and a true pg who looks pass before shoot and that is what SF is lacking.
SF a great freshman team coming next year. The AC 8th grader is actually a hold back and should be a freshman but I have seen him play some and a good player when he wants to be.
thats true about loseing stanley and little ...but south floyds ryan little will step up and feel in the spots
"tarheel023" Wrote:thats true about loseing stanley and little ...but south floyds ryan little will step up and feel in the spots

Is ryan little the 6'8 kid?