Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Blazer 101 Rose Hill 43
Final from Rose Hill.
Coach Biggs runs up on Rose Hill....the next seven games will test and should give an indication of how good this Tomcat team could be...Good luck
Congrats Tomcats.
Congrats Ashland
I thought the Ashland defense was soft last night giving up 43 to Rose Hill.
Ashland fans should be tip-toein' in high cotton. They now have Rose Hill where the want them. Pre-O.J. doormat. Except for those who now wear maroon... If I remember correctly, at least 60% of Ashland's starting five once wore "Royal" blue and white.

You can't tell your kids not to score. Biggs played all twelve. Eleven made it in the score book.
Exactly Loon. I listoned to the game last night and not one time did Dickie refer to any Tomcat transfer as being from Pendleton Co or from Winslow Road. My how hypocritical those boys in maroon are today.
101-43
55-46-43

Biggs didn't run up the score. It could have been much worse.
Ashland's top 12 include 5 who played varsity ball at RH.
Transfers, for whatever reason, sure make a big difference and
RH knows it better than anyone- positively and negatively.
RH is back in its "traditional" spot as the area doormat.
That won't change for many years, if ever.
Still, the Mayo Years were exciting and RH can
always remember that it had the most talented
and most nationally publicized player to ever play in the
64th District and, most likely, the 16th Region.
A lot of schools bask in the fading light of long past successes.
RH can do the same.
jakelegg Wrote:Exactly Loon. I listoned to the game last night and not one time did Dickie refer to any Tomcat transfer as being from Pendleton Co or from Winslow Road. My how hypocritical those boys in maroon are today.
Congrats to Ashland. Back to big bro, lil' bro status.
Thank you, Truth, for telling me and the real fans from Rose Hill what we can be proud of. I played at Rose Hill on both a "doormat" and a competitive team. My parents taught me to side with what was right and stick with it. Rose Hill had a lot of fans and players who they and their parents proudly proclaimed they attended Rose Hill for the Christian education. But when the athletic program had problems, they ran away, some being the very people who caused the problems. The Christian education is still strong at Rose Hill and the reason I graduated from there.

I for one am a fan of those who stuck to their beliefs. And to those who were out on the floor last night playing their hearts out. It doesn't take guts to turn your back on a failing program, it takes guts to stick it out.

So why don't you revere the memory of O. J. Mayo, he caused more damage than he did good, something that he and those who now have turned their backs on the school and the kids who are there have a in common.

I'm sorry that I wasn't at the game last night, had to work. But I was praying and cheering for the players from Rose Hill. I will continue to pray for them and the school. Their success isn't measured by a scoreboard or an athletic record.
A few of the kids who came to Ashland from Rose Hill started at Ashland before they went to Rose Hill.
congrats to Ashland
Loon Wrote:Ashland fans should be tip-toein' in high cotton. They now have Rose Hill where the want them. Pre-O.J. doormat. Except for those who now wear maroon... If I remember correctly, at least 60% of Ashland's starting five once wore "Royal" blue and white.

You can't tell your kids not to score. Biggs played all twelve. Eleven made it in the score book.

Last I heard, Ashland had a "no transfer" policy?
when did that change lol
royal blueblood Wrote:Thank you, Truth, for telling me and the real fans from Rose Hill what we can be proud of. I played at Rose Hill on both a "doormat" and a competitive team. My parents taught me to side with what was right and stick with it. Rose Hill had a lot of fans and players who they and their parents proudly proclaimed they attended Rose Hill for the Christian education. But when the athletic program had problems, they ran away, some being the very people who caused the problems. The Christian education is still strong at Rose Hill and the reason I graduated from there.

I for one am a fan of those who stuck to their beliefs. And to those who were out on the floor last night playing their hearts out. It doesn't take guts to turn your back on a failing program, it takes guts to stick it out.

So why don't you revere the memory of O. J. Mayo, he caused more damage than he did good, something that he and those who now have turned their backs on the school and the kids who are there have a in common.

I'm sorry that I wasn't at the game last night, had to work. But I was praying and cheering for the players from Rose Hill. I will continue to pray for them and the school. Their success isn't measured by a scoreboard or an athletic record.

Your "holier than thou" approach will not impress very many people.
You are entitled to your opinion and your loyalties. However, I would suggest that your analysis of the facts has a number of blind spots and is
much too judgmental in light of your obvious prejudices and lack of factual information. Still, I join you in praying for the success of the school.
Our real difference is that I am a realist and you are an apologist.
My post is not meant as a negative statement about RH. It is merely a statement of truth.
My record of support for RH cannot be questioned by anyone.
We should be praying for the success of every school. I doubt very seriously if God cares about basketball.
Truth, You are full of it You would like nothing better for Rose Hill to fail. Quit trying to hide behind a screen name that has no TRUTH to it.
Loon Wrote:Ashland fans should be tip-toein' in high cotton. They now have Rose Hill where the want them. Pre-O.J. doormat. Except for those who now wear maroon... If I remember correctly, at least 60% of Ashland's starting five once wore "Royal" blue and white.

If I remember right. Didn't RH get in a lil trouble a couple years back for trying to bring in some players? If the school hadn't screwed up maybe all those maroon players would still be wearing royal blue. Doesn't matter.
The score wasn't all that bad. But you can tell your team to run set plays and not shoot till everyone has touched the ball two or three times before shooting. Also tell them not to fastbreak. Setup and run the offense. That will hold the score down. It's up to the coach.
[quote=royal blueblood]Thank you, Truth, for telling me and the real fans from Rose Hill what we can be proud of. I played at Rose Hill on both a "doormat" and a competitive team. My parents taught me to side with what was right and stick with it. Rose Hill had a lot of fans and players who they and their parents proudly proclaimed they attended Rose Hill for the Christian education. But when the athletic program had problems, they ran away, some being the very people who caused the problems. The Christian education is still strong at Rose Hill and the reason I graduated from there.

I'm sorry that I wasn't at the game last night, had to work. But I was praying and cheering for the players from Rose Hill. I will continue to pray for them and the school. Their success isn't measured by a scoreboard or an athletic record.[/QUOTE]

I see kids playing ball all over the area that once played for Rose Hill. The core of the school needs to stay strong and things will turn around. I for one think it's good for the Mayo families of the world to come into the CHRISTIAN schools and play ball. Maybe at some point they will remember something that someone from the christian school has talked to them about or maybe remembered a verse from the bible. Or maybe just being around good people. It might just change them. That's what it's all about anyway. Going out and getting people that don't believe and teaching. A friend of mine played basketball at Rose Hill and his wife was a homecoming queen. Great friends and great family. And guess what? They won very few games and they survived!!
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:[quote=royal blueblood]Thank you, Truth, for telling me and the real fans from Rose Hill what we can be proud of. I played at Rose Hill on both a "doormat" and a competitive team. My parents taught me to side with what was right and stick with it. Rose Hill had a lot of fans and players who they and their parents proudly proclaimed they attended Rose Hill for the Christian education. But when the athletic program had problems, they ran away, some being the very people who caused the problems. The Christian education is still strong at Rose Hill and the reason I graduated from there.

I'm sorry that I wasn't at the game last night, had to work. But I was praying and cheering for the players from Rose Hill. I will continue to pray for them and the school. Their success isn't measured by a scoreboard or an athletic record.[/QUOTE]

I see kids playing ball all over the area that once played for Rose Hill. The core of the school needs to stay strong and things will turn around. I for one think it's good for the Mayo families of the world to come into the CHRISTIAN schools and play ball. Maybe at some point they will remember something that someone from the christian school has talked to them about or maybe remembered a verse from the bible. Or maybe just being around good people. It might just change them. That's what it's all about anyway. Going out and getting people that don't believe and teaching. A friend of mine played basketball at Rose Hill and his wife was a homecoming queen. Great friends and great family. And guess what? They won very few games and they survived!!

Beautiful post:rockon: especially the bolded. There is many more important things the world than where a 16 yo plays basketball or how many game he may win. Basketball is just an outlet to reach people who may not have otherwise.
this thread has turned into a Sunday service.
ASHGRAD Wrote:Truth, You are full of it You would like nothing better for Rose Hill to fail. Quit trying to hide behind a screen name that has no TRUTH to it.

Apparently, I have touched some raw nerves. The truth often does that. I commend the basketball players who stayed at RH including those who were not able to transfer because they had played an early fall sport last year. It is difficult to lose game after game. I hope there are a few wins on the schedule this year for RH.

Nonetheless, it is foolish to play Ashland, Fairview, and Boyd County this year. It was foolish last year. This is particularly so when you remember that RH cannot participate in the district tournament and their games with the others are nothing more than guaranteed and sizeable losses. If the games are being played for money, that is a big mistake. First, there was/is/will be no crowd at RH (Tuesday's crowd, when you factor in all the freebies, was probably about enough to pay the officials.).Second, you don't sacrifice your students for money.

When a school is down, creative scheduling is imperative. RH needs to do a lot more creative scheduling.
[QUOTE=Proud Ram Fan 1168;1117967 But you can tell your team to run set plays and not shoot till everyone has touched the ball two or three times before shooting. Also tell them not to fastbreak. Setup and run the offense.

This sounds just like what a cat does to a mouse just before he/she kills it. Toy with the prey and humiliate it.... Not a good idea.

I agree with Truth. RH needs to use some common sense in scheduling....
Apparently god does have something to do with sports? every major basketball player thanks god for his success, thanks god for making him athleticly superior than everyone else, why not rose? its not that far of a stretch
Truth Wrote:Apparently, I have touched some raw nerves. The truth often does that. I commend the basketball players who stayed at RH including those who were not able to transfer because they had played an early fall sport last year. It is difficult to lose game after game. I hope there are a few wins on the schedule this year for RH.

Nonetheless, it is foolish to play Ashland, Fairview, and Boyd County this year. It was foolish last year. This is particularly so when you remember that RH cannot participate in the district tournament and their games with the others are nothing more than guaranteed and sizeable losses. If the games are being played for money, that is a big mistake. First, there was/is/will be no crowd at RH (Tuesday's crowd, when you factor in all the freebies, was probably about enough to pay the officials.).Second, you don't sacrifice your students for money.

When a school is down, creative scheduling is imperative. RH needs to do a lot more creative scheduling.

Why doesn't Rose Hill just not schedule Ashland and take two losses in the district. That's what Ashland did when Rose Hill was on top they just refused to play Rose Hill.
Thats right I forgot about the Swift reply either our way (either our way or no way)