•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2011
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:They might win a playoff game before you win a spelling contest that's for sure!

Anyways it wasn't his coaching that is in question here it's the other things he was doing.

They need to just hire Anthony and get it over with. They know he is the best for the job

Who is Anthony?
Their has been a lot of speculation about Coach Normans return is their anyone know's exactly whats going on
Norman is out at SV, it doesn't matter what "people" are saying. I will say this SV isn't very smart when it comes to making these type of decisions. The principal there is a pretty food guy but he is a goofball!!:blabbermo
Norman has been cut for about 2 weeks now.
Coach Norman will not be back as head coach next year for shelby valley..does anyone know who they are talking to,to be the next head coach
I know who the new guy is going to be!!!!!hahahhahaha
Norman resigned friday at school. This Schools football program has turned into a complete joke. i heard they had a kid that played last year helping them. Also, this tams is young still and could be decent but dot see them making much noise. And whoever thinks Normans son was a good qb.. have you watched the kid play? not very good IMO. Norman resigned because Social Workers was called in at school because they was rumors that he beat the kids and cussed at them. Well ill take up for Norman on this. he didnt beat no kid that i seen the year i was around him. BUt he does cuss at them. But then again what High School coach in any sport dont cuss?
The former-player, coach is a former Pikeville College player. I believe he is more then qualified to help coach.
Real Badman Wrote:The former-player, coach is a former Pikeville College player. I believe he is more then qualified to help coach.
No, the former player that helps coach is still in school who graduates this year. Is he more than qualified to help coach?
Time2Shine Wrote:No, the former player that helps coach is still in school who graduates this year. Is he more than qualified to help coach?

Never heard about that, I know the youngest coach allowed to coach by the KHSAA is 18 and a graduate of high school. Legally, no he isn't a coach.
he helps them. and as of what ive seen they have a class at the end of the day where nothing but football players are in. and this kid is the only one running the class. when they are doing drills in the gym. now as far as the weight room i have no idea. but i think like the last 3 weeks norman hasnt been able to be around the team.
Sounds like it would be a good time for a new coach to step in SV has a good bunch of kids coming up i thank if they get a good coach they will be fine.
This is the reason SV can never be at the level of Belfry, Prestonsburg, Breathitt, Bell, and any other team that has success. To much drama and not enough focus on the things that matter.
False Hope Wrote:This is the reason SV can never be at the level of Belfry, Prestonsburg, Breathitt, Bell, and any other team that has success. To much drama and not enough focus on the things that matter.

These teams have drama as well, but they know to shut it down quick and get rid of it. If you want to play or coach football, then do it. If you want drama, then take a drama class. I never understood why people have to have drama to survive. But there are some that do.
Until Pike Co Schools stops making political hires, nothing is gonna go their way. Bobby Branham is still over at Shelby Valley isn't he? He has head coaching experience.
Anthony Hampton is a good football. He has the experience AT! Valley and they need to let the man coach. I met him this year and he seems to be a good coach.
I hear they are looking at a LCC coach.
False Hope Wrote:Anthony Hampton is a good football. He has the experience AT! Valley and they need to let the man coach. I met him this year and he seems to be a good coach.

:Thumbs:I know him to. Great guy. Great coach. Would be a great hire for the school and community IF he wants it. Unfortunately some will probably not see it that way. See the previous post about politics. Already rumors about someone outside the program. They need to look at it like Michigan does. They were not going to hire anyone but a Michigan man. SV needs to hire a Valley man that the kids, the school, and the community will support.
From what I have been told the school has supported Norman well. Its the community and PARENTS that got in the way. This is not a rumor this is fact. But being able to deal with that is part of being a good coach. Sounds like Jeff didn't do very well with that.
Whats the latest rumor?
tebow Wrote:Whats the latest rumor?

Wrong forum, rumors are for topix
False Hope Wrote:Anthony Hampton is a good football. He has the experience AT! Valley and they need to let the man coach. I met him this year and he seems to be a good coach.

I don't know now. I'm hearing some rumblings that Anthony is in trouble after doing some not so smart things! I now say hire OUTSIDE the community and hire someone who is an actual teacher and will not only help on the field but off as well!
Anthony Hampton is a great person and coach on and off the field.he still is working with the high school players to get them better because he cares so much about the program. if it was not for him the players would not be doing anything until they found a new coach. But like i said he cares to much for the program and has been there 10 years. people on here like to say stuff they hear and dont know anything. learn the facts before you say anything. coach hampton has been there threw all the good and bad times at valley. But he loves this program more than anyone that i have seen.he has not applied for the job and dont know if he will. the stuff that has been going on these last few months had nothing to do with him. he works very hard as a coach and a teacher.thanks to him this program is still together!!!!!
I am not applying!!!
the predicament Wrote:Until Pike Co Schools stops making political hires, nothing is gonna go their way. Bobby Branham is still over at Shelby Valley isn't he? He has head coaching experience.
CoachB Wrote:I am not applying!!!

Don't flatter yourself. Just because one person mentioned your name doesn't mean they're begging you to come. Come on man! :flush:
I'm gonna have to toot my own horn here and little bit and say, I told you so!
Everyone thought I was crazy back in September when I said he wouldnt be back at Valley. I love being right. :flush:
Congratulations you are the man I wish I was you!
VoR_58 Wrote:I'm gonna have to toot my own horn here and little bit and say, I told you so!
Everyone thought I was crazy back in September when I said he wouldnt be back at Valley. I love being right. :flush:

You're not the only person who knew that. His performance was horrendous, Forest Dale would be a complete idiot to let this man come back and coach.
So, has anyone heard who the front runners are for this position?
I'm hearing Mike Whitaker LCC, Aaron Stepp Shelby Co. and Chapman trying to leave PCC
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next