Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SEC Basketball
Last year, the SEC was very young and inexperienced. The Cats were the only team recognized throughout the year as a top level team in the country from the SEC. As the year progressed, teams made their way to respectability, but still the SEC was ranked no higher than 6th in the NCAA as a conference.

This year, we are beginning to see more SEC teams break into the top 25. UT is having a great year, and the Cats will be back into the top 10 by next week. The SEC has faired well against non-conference teams as a whole.

What are your thoughts on the SEC this year, and besides UK & UT, what other SEC teams can help make the SEC on of the most respected basketball conferences in the nation?
Florida will be there i think. I think that pelphrey will be right there to helpo this conference image. I also like darren horns team at SC. With the loss of downey it will be hard to recover, but he has did so nicely. I watched them one game and they looked decent.
My sleeper team of the SEC is the Gerogia! Keep an eye on them!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Vanderbilt is always good,Stallings does a great job there
It think it is almost to a comedic level when you think of SEC basketball. When you say SEC basketball (for this season) it is really only the SEC East. Much like how the football season was ruled by the SEC west, the basketball season has and should continue to be dominated by the SEC east. UT and UK are legitimate top 10 team all season long with Florida, Vandy and Georgia rounding out somewhere in the 10-25 range. The only west team I think will make noise is Miss St. Some of the teams in the west have played crappy schedules getting beat by some some pretty insignificant teams and each of them have records that are not too too impressive. So going by what has been seen so far, Vandy, Florida, and Georgia all look like locks for the tourney, with UK and UT getting the higher seeds and one other team from the west should be able to sneak in. So I am hoping for the SEC to have 6 teams at least!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:It think it is almost to a comedic level when you think of SEC basketball. When you say SEC basketball (for this season) it is really only the SEC East. Much like how the football season was ruled by the SEC west, the basketball season has and should continue to be dominated by the SEC east. UT and UK are legitimate top 10 team all season long with Florida, Vandy and Georgia rounding out somewhere in the 10-25 range. The only west team I think will make noise is Miss St. Some of the teams in the west have played crappy schedules getting beat by some some pretty insignificant teams and each of them have records that are not too too impressive. So going by what has been seen so far, Vandy, Florida, and Georgia all look like locks for the tourney, with UK and UT getting the higher seeds and one other team from the west should be able to sneak in. So I am hoping for the SEC to have 6 teams at least!

Good post:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Good post:Thumbs:

Why thank you! I hope that they West can produce one or two tourney teams. I just can not see Ole Miss or LSU getting it turned around. Maybe Arkansas but probably not this year.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Ask Benchwarmer. He thinks all 12 should get in the NCAA tourney..The SEC is to college basketball what the Big East is to college football. Its as simple as that. The only difference is that the SEC will send a worthy team to challenge for a championship. Outside of Tennessee and Kentucky, the SEC really has nothing. Nobody in the West will challenge for anything, although somebody will have to win it. Alabama basketball is one of the worst teams in America. Florida is overrated like they are every year. Georgia will be NIT bound at the end of the season if they dont pull a total train wreck in league play. Vandy will have a nice season. They'll go 24-8 heading into the NCAA tourney, get a 4 seed, and get bounced by a 13 like every year. But, Ill give the conference this much credit. UK and Tennessee are two legit programs. I'll be anxious to see how Tennessee handles Pearl's 8 game suspension.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another down years for SEC basketball. maybe 4 teams make the tourny this year.
The west is bad and I mean real bad!

UK, Tennessee, Florida, and Vanderbilt are the class of the conference and Georgia may be a team that can possibly make the tourney. Other than those five teams, no one else has a chance.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The west is bad and I mean real bad!

UK, Tennessee, Florida, and Vanderbilt are the class of the conference and Georgia may be a team that can possibly make the tourney. Other than those five teams, no one else has a chance.
Agreed. Good post.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The west is bad and I mean real bad!

So true
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Ask Benchwarmer. He thinks all 12 should get in the NCAA tourney..The SEC is to college basketball what the Big East is to college football. Its as simple as that. The only difference is that the SEC will send a worthy team to challenge for a championship. Outside of Tennessee and Kentucky, the SEC really has nothing. Nobody in the West will challenge for anything, although somebody will have to win it. Alabama basketball is one of the worst teams in America. Florida is overrated like they are every year. Georgia will be NIT bound at the end of the season if they dont pull a total train wreck in league play. Vandy will have a nice season. They'll go 24-8 heading into the NCAA tourney, get a 4 seed, and get bounced by a 13 like every year. But, Ill give the conference this much credit. UK and Tennessee are two legit programs. I'll be anxious to see how Tennessee handles Pearl's 8 game suspension.

I agree.
BTW, Tenn got beat at home against Oakland tonight. :lmao:
I hate Tenn but I cant actually be too pleased with them losing to a team like Oakland (strong midmajor) at home. I just can't see the SEC getting respect like this.
[SIZE="4"]
^ Yep, UT losing to Oakland sure dropped the SEC down
Aslan Wrote:I agree.

BTW, Tenn also beat number 3 Pitt the other day!!:lmao:
UK and UT are the only teams that are legit ranked teams in the SEC.
^ yep.... Unless Florida does a little bit of surprising with their 5 returning mediocre starters lol.
[SIZE="4"]
Aslan Wrote:I agree.

Remember the bet? You'll think it is funny when you have horrible avatar for a week when the SEC gets 5 or more teams go dancing. Big Grin
MVP2 Wrote:Remember the bet? You'll think it is funny when you have horrible avatar for a week when the SEC gets 5 or more teams go dancing. Big Grin

Ha! We shall see.
SD?? You said UK was the only one recognized?
The Vols made it further than us last year, how come they are not in the talks or recognized?
Aslan Wrote:Ha! We shall see.

I've looked into the teams, as of right now there are 4 teams that will be in the tourney from SEC for sure. Not looking good for you bro.
^Change your avatar and get it over with, Aslan.
Ballers has "looked into the teams".
^Glad to know you finally wised up.
Ballers Wrote:SD?? You said UK was the only one recognized?
The Vols made it further than us last year, how come they are not in the talks or recognized?

UK got to the elite 8 last year.
So you're saying that UT was in the Final 4?
zaga_fan Wrote:UK got to the elite 8 last year.
So you're saying that UT was in the Final 4?

They lasted longer :igiveup:
No that is not what I was saying at all.
Ballers Wrote:They lasted longer :igiveup:
No that is not what I was saying at all.

Lasted longer?
Because they weren't scheduled to play until the next day?!?!

You are correct.
What an accomplishment!
Either way, they were the last remaining SEC time, like it or not.
Ballers Wrote:I've looked into the teams, as of right now there are 4 teams that will be in the tourney from SEC for sure. Not looking good for you bro.

If 4 or less get in I win the bet, 5 or more MVP2 wins. Since you looked into the teams so thoroughly and believe only 4 will get in, I'm feeling a wee bit more confident about the bet Big Grin