Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kids Who Should Play Football But Don't
Whats everyone's thoughts on this?

Many teams could be greatly improved by kids who dont play. Like Valley, they have many basketball players who could play football and really improve the team but dont. These kids could have lots of playing time and important roles on the team.
I still dont understand why the Stanley kid from SF doesnt play football..He is a large kid and would probably had a shot to play at the next level if he played football.
Pikevilla has a guy.....about 6'8 and 350 lbs....doesnt play :roll:
Yeah...I could call him something but i think it will viloate some rules...
Some kids don't play because it is discouraged by their basketball coach. Others do not play because they go to a county school and their parents cannot or will not arrange transportation 6-7 days a week. Not all kids have good support at home.
It sounds like you speak from experience medicineman....
There is another guy from pikeville that started the season but quit before game time he had great hands.....kid goes by the name Dylan Murphy....ever hear of him?
big joe from pikeville should play
There are a few boys I know of from Pike Central that won't play because they don't like to run, or spend time away from their g/f or whatever.
The worst reason to not play is because they are discouraged by basketball coaches, this kills me when it happens.
MEDICINEMAN Wrote:Some kids don't play because it is discouraged by their basketball coach. Others do not play because they go to a county school and their parents cannot or will not arrange transportation 6-7 days a week. Not all kids have good support at home.

Couldnt have said it better myself
Wasn't Big Joe a senior this past season though? His chances of playing are gone now. Its a shame he could have actually been a good player.

Ive heard of Murphy but from what I hear he lacks the drive and the work ethic needed to play and be a contributor to the team.
A lot of kids just don't have the drive to play. A lot of kids at the high school level don't like the hitting aspect that comes along with football. I can think of many names to describe them but I won't.
True but I dont exactly think thats what is with Murphy. I dont think he afraid of the hitting aspect. He is just too lazy based on what people tell me. But this is only what people tell me about him, I dont get to talk much directly to the kid.
From what i hear this kid could make a dent this year, its a shame
liveMAROON Wrote:From what i hear this kid could make a dent this year, its a shame

Could you elaborate on how you think he could help the team? He looks a little undersized to play any lineman position and to big and slow for a back or reciever position.
he has hands and enough power to take over the TE position
Maybe someone should convince him to play then
Thank you Panthermania and Hurley... I have seen alot of kids not playing football in my time. I recently had one of my own graduate. It is true that alot of young fellows do not have what it takes. But support, heart, and the love of a contact game is the most important ingredients, IMO.
That my friend is what it's all about medicineman u hit it right on the head. if you do not feed off that drive then you will never be to the leve that you are supposed to. you have to want it.....but remeber wanting it & wanting and meaning it are 2 different things......you have to want it and mean it
This is a question I've been trying to answer myself. Don't kids understand that it's easier to go on to the next level with football, than basketball. With basketball it's all about self glory, but with football you must rely on team work. Kids need to understand that football is a game that can help them pay for their extended education. Local coaches should not discourage football, but encourage them for their future education.
Just remember that it is very difficult to become a pro athlete. So if football can pay for your education then PLAY.

THE BULL
PITBULL Wrote:This is a question I've been trying to answer myself. Don't kids understand that it's easier to go on to the next level with football, than basketball. With basketball it's all about self glory, but with football you must rely on team work. Kids need to understand that football is a game that can help them pay for their extended education. Local coaches should not discourage football, but encourage them for their future education.
Just remember that it is very difficult to become a pro athlete. So if football can pay for your education then PLAY.

THE BULL

I agree 100%.. But sometimes you run into a doctor that won't sign a physical for whatever reason, or you have a mom that's afraid you will get hurt, or a mom that doesn't want to run you back and forth to practice every day.
two words big joe
Nick Jamerson
didnt nick jamerson play......because i for one remeber that freshman year P-burg game more than anyone and he did play
liveMAROON Wrote:didnt nick jamerson play......because i for one remeber that freshman year P-burg game more than anyone and he did play

I think he was referring to now, in college.
For parents not to take time to take kids to practice is a shame. Your child only grows up once so be there. I not only take my kids but also stay and watch. Some say they dont have time I think that is BS because for you kid you make time. Sports are limited for every practice or game you miss you will never see. Dont miss them.

THE BULL
I agree bull. Also bball coaches should realize that the physical nature of football will increase strength and agility on the hardwood. I think there are a lot of reasons kids don't play, discouraginging coaches, telling a kid his is a bball star, also I think some football coaches keep kids away by making it impossible for kids to play other sports so they choose not to play football and play other sports. Some football coaches have schedules that makes it hard for kids to do anything else, so they don't play football, also I think it take a special kid to play football it is not for every one, you reallys have to have that drive and desire. Then you do have kids that do not have family support. I know that some schools have run a bus for practice.
There is this real hairy guy at p'burg like 6'3 275 but he dont get out much :lol:
The Waterboy didnt play football.....He didnt even go to high school, cause mamma wouldnt let him. But what mamma dont know, wont hurt her. Sorry Timesup