•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 2011
Boo Boo bear Wrote:There has been around 10 or so would be more but alot of upper classmen are playing basketball .but the ones thats been there are working hard .and the numbers will pick up when school starts back.and the weather has'nt helped any either...GO BLACK BEARS !!!!!NEXT STOP STATE CHAMPS !!!!!!:rockon:

Kind of a bold statement don't you think?
Ballers Wrote:Kind of a bold statement don't you think?

Not at all..people hear excpect that kind of year here now. winning attitude thanks to coach larkey and his staff.i remember not long ago wondering if we could just win a game .much better the other way...it's just being confident and the black bear nation is confident ...:redboxer:
This has to be gazillionth time I've said this you, should expect a State Championship every year and hit the weightroom and practice field preparing for just that! But there is a fine line between cockiness and confidence!
Alot of youth contributed this past season and alot more coming up through the ranks. I expect the Black Bears will be successful for many years to come. Line play on both sides of the ball will determine how successful. Young men have gained alot of experience on JV and Freshman games while waiting for their opportunity. The opportunity is wide open. Who will step it up and get to work? Who will show? Cooper? Hubbard? Meade? Reeves?Carreras?Dempsey?Ely?Miracle?Coldiron?Calton? Work is where its at. Hard works success is contagious. I think there will be much work going on from all of the Black Bears. Some play other sports. That is fine, they need to get to work soon as they can. I hear there is much work underway already. Hard work pays off and will show itself with much clarity. There is a great group of eighth graders on the way. Alot of skill and some speed. Last years freshman class was full of skill as well. I know the Black Bears want a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. They were close enough this past season that they could smell and taste it. We are fortunate to have Coach Larkey and Staff. They are a class act. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
And a lot of the young players got some valuable playing experience but every junior, sophomore, and freshman got a taste of a state semi-final. I hope that makes them hungry!
Wow, lol.
Aslan Wrote:Wow, lol.

Poor Aslan..:biggrin:
Quote:This has to be gazillionth time I've said this you, should expect a State Championship every year and hit the weightroom and practice field preparing for just that! But there is a fine line between cockiness and confidence!

i agree, and if you mess with that line you will end up just like Letcher Central last year; they got all cocky an was expecting a region championship & look where they ended up. now im not comparing Harlan an Letcher all im saying is that if harlan co wins a state tittle within the next two years i will personally drive down to bear country an :worthy: shake everyones hand an congratulate ya. But lets get real here, its not gonna happen!.. why? because there is just way to much talent in 5A. & thats the bottom line. its cool to confident if thats what u wanna call it lol Just dont let it get to your head.
Hazardsfinest Wrote:i agree, and if you mess with that line you will end up just like Letcher Central last year; they got all cocky an was expecting a region championship & look where they ended up. now im not comparing Harlan an Letcher all im saying is that if harlan co wins a state tittle within the next two years i will personally drive down to bear country an :worthy: shake everyones hand an congratulate ya. But lets get real here, its not gonna happen!.. why? because there is just way to much talent in 5A. & thats the bottom line. its cool to confident if thats what u wanna call it lol Just dont let it get to your head.

Lol so harlan county has no talent?we are not being cocky. and we are not lcc if we win state i'll drive to hazard and shake your hand.hc has as good of chance as anybody.every team starts the season and plays their games for one reson to win a state title.well maybe not hazard or pcc...:dontthink
You never know what to expect! We lost quite a bit of talent in 09 and had a lot of work to do coming into this season and we ended up in the state semi's. That is the reason we are so excited in Harlan County we have a awesome coaching staff and our boys buy in to what they preach.
Boo Boo bear Wrote:Lol so harlan county has no talent?we are not being cocky. and we are not lcc if we win state i'll drive to hazard and shake your hand.hc has as good of chance as anybody.every team starts the season and plays their games for one reson to win a state title.well maybe not hazard or pcc...:dontthink

I wouldn't be telling someone from Hazard that they don't start the season and aim to win a state title.
Hazard has played in two State title games in 3 years and made it to the semis 3 times.

So while you have made it to the semis once and got rocked the Bulldogs have been there and competed 3 years in a row.
Aslan Wrote:Wow, lol.

Remember Aslan....
the JV team is moving up a few players to Varsity this year.
The JV team tried to schedule Trinity last year but Trinity forfeited due to fear of injury.
Quote:Lol so harlan county has no talent?we are not being cocky. and we are not lcc if we win state i'll drive to hazard and shake your hand.hc has as good of chance as anybody.every team starts the season and plays their games for one reson to win a state title.well maybe not hazard or pcc...

Lol did i say harlan didnt have no talent? no i didnt... did i say harlan was lcc? i didnt say that either. you said in your own words "next stop state champs" that is a very bold statement lol but u have ur opinion an i have mine & i know how good them boys are, & yeah ur right, every team plays to win state an everyone has that chance. all im saying is that 5a has to many talented teams an it would be really tough. & just like everybody else im only speaking my opinion. and just so u know hazard has played in 2 state championships in the past 3-4 years just to throw that out there, they didnt win but they got there. & no im not bragging lol. just being "confident"

2011 CLASS 5A
District 1 - Apollo, Christian County, Graves County, Hopkinsville, Ohio County
District 2 - Barren County, Bowling Green, Greenwood, Logan County, Warren Central
District 3 - Grayson County, Iroquois, Jeffersontown, John Hardin, North Hardin
District 4 - Bullitt Central, Bullitt East, North Bullitt, Shelby County
District 5 - Conner, Cooper, Grant County, Scott, South Oldham
District 6 - Anderson County, East Jessamine, Franklin County, Montgomery County, West Jessamine, Woodford County
District 7 - Lincoln County, Madison Southern, North Laurel, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern
District 8 - Harlan County, Letcher County Central, Perry County Central, Whitley County
With Highlands and Johnson Central out of the picture Harlan should be the top team in 5A. 5A may be the best class to play in other than 1 and 2A. Good Luck to Harlan Co. next year.
zaga_fan Wrote:I wouldn't be telling someone from Hazard that they don't start the season and aim to win a state title.
Hazard has played in two State title games in 3 years and made it to the semis 3 times.

So while you have made it to the semis once and got rocked the Bulldogs have been there and competed 3 years in a row.

And it only took 50 years to get there.
HCHS needed three.
zaga_fan Wrote:Remember Aslan....
the JV team is moving up a few players to Varsity this year.
The JV team tried to schedule Trinity last year but Trinity forfeited due to fear of injury.

You and the Harlan County JV fascination.

The JV team was good.
The freshman team was dominant.
Good to see biggest Black Bears fans in perry county back on a HC thread!
palmer Wrote:And it only took 50 years to get there.
HCHS needed three.

You got to the Finals of state?
I didn't realize that.
Congrats
palmer Wrote:You and the Harlan County JV fascination.

The JV team was good.
The freshman team was dominant.

My 2 favorite teams!!!
[Image: http://img1.imagehousing.com/14/5878568d...3a45d4.jpg]
Heard the winner of the Super Bowl faces Harlan in the Possum Trot Bowl..
Yeah they beat PCC 50-7 to qualify for it.
^Correction

50-6
We missed an extra point
zaga_fan Wrote:^Correction

50-6
We missed an extra point

Maybe pcc will get their first PLAYOFF WIN this year LOL!!!:lmao: if you want to talk bold statements. i remember a few of the pcc fans stating they would win out last year...now that is bold!! WOW!!!is there no pcc football thead but it's ok zaga you can talk football here..we all know you love the bears!!
And only if he had set on the home side against Bell, the Black Bears would love him too!
Boo Boo bear Wrote:Maybe pcc will get their first PLAYOFF WIN this year LOL!!!:lmao: if you want to talk bold statements. i remember a few of the pcc fans stating they would win out last year...now that is bold!! WOW!!!is there no pcc football thead but it's ok zaga you can talk football here..we all know you love the bears!!

That was warmachine.
So zaga you and hazardsfinest are hazard fans now?every body loves a winner.maybe you guys should pull for the bears...LOL our fan base is growing daily..
Hey enough hate on Perry Central! lol Were a basketball school, a 7-4 season for us is good in football.
But back to the thread, Harlan will have another great season, IDK about state champions but imo will repeat as regional champs and make a deep run.
Aslan Wrote:Hey enough hate on Perry Central! lol Were a basketball school, a 7-4 season for us is good in football.
But back to the thread, Harlan will have another great season, IDK about state champions but imo will repeat as regional champs and make a deep run.

No hate here aslan you know how it is..LOL i hope we do make a deep run .here in harlan were thinking state championship!!!and i think pcc will get their playoff win....:Cheerlead
The odds are tremendously different in winning a championship competing against 270 + schools compared with competing against only 30-35 schools.
rojas Wrote:The odds are tremendously different in winning a championship competing against 270 + schools compared with competing against only 30-35 schools.

This is true. Every team and every player dreams of playing in and winning a state championship. Now with that being said.....on to next years team.

Plenty of skill players returning. One of the keys will be the returning linemen and who will replace our seniors. This all will depend on what happens now during the off season. I believe the kids "get it" and have seen what hard work and committment can produce. They got a good taste of success last season and let's hope we can build on that. Big Mike Smith and DJ Brock will need to be leaders for the guys in the trenches. I can't wait to see what we look like come Spring.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next