Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Year End Top 10 for N.Ky
Now that the season is complete, I thought I should make my Final Nky Top 10.

1. Highlands - no question they were the best team.
2. Ryle - only 2 losses were both to State Champs and top 2 in Ky. Likely the 3rd best team in Ky.
3. Simon Kenton
4. Dixie Heights - yes lost to Covcath and Newcath, but a different team with a more experienced Pike at end of year. Definitely would have beat either in the playoffs.
5. Covcath - Sophmore QB becoming a veteran by years end.
6. Beechwood - rebounded late after a slow start.
7. Newcath - If you can't say anything nice.....say nothing
8. Campbell Co - all offense
9. Conner - a year away
10. Copper- didn't make the playoffs, but keeps improving and will be a factor in the next year or two.

I didn't forget about Holmes. They're not in the final Top 10. Neither is Holy Cross.
I have to say that NCC was the best team in NKY, hands down....
No question. They were hands down the best AA team in Nky.
Wideleft01 Wrote:No question. They were hands down the best AA team in Nky.
also in the state
1. Ryle

2. that team from Ft. Thomas
3. NewCath
4. Beechwood
5. SK
Apparently they were last Friday. NCC can thank their lucky star it was a 6 class system this year.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Apparently they were last Friday. NCC can thank their lucky star it was a 6 class system this year.
don't think they have a say in that, can only play in the system the state uses
^ ditto
1. Highlands
2. Ryle
3. Newcath
:flame:
4. Simon Kenton
5. Covington Catholic
6. Dixie
7. Beechwood
8. Campbell County
9. Holy Cross
10. Holmes

HC beat Conner, Holmes beat Cooper, 1A in NKY wasn't really strong, Scott and Lloyd played for a top pick, and i dont give moral points:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam
Stardust Wrote:I have to say that NCC was the best team in NKY, hands down....

:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn
I feel Highlands would probably beat Ryle seven out of ten games. That's just my take on it. Both did have an outsanding team.
Hghlands beats them 9 of 10. It took Ryle's best effort, injuries, a few questionable play calls, and a bunch of missed conversions for them to win the one they did.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Hghlands beats them 9 of 10. It took Ryle's best effort, injuries, a few questionable play calls, and a bunch of missed conversions for them to win the one they did.
yet in the end they still won. So in the end they're the top team in NKY
They split the series and in the end Ryle lost. Highlands didn't lose to end their season. In the polls, when you lose, you drop. Ryle dropped and can't feel too good about how their season ended.
Wideleft01 Wrote:They split the series and in the end Ryle lost. Highlands didn't lose to end their season. In the polls, when you lose, you drop. Ryle dropped and can't feel too good about how their season ended.

Tyle lost to Trinity. HHS may or may not have lost to Trinity by the same Margin. We will never know, thus we would not know if the Ryle loss to the Rocks made them worse than HHS or not.

This is asking who is the best in NKY, and really all you can go on is how each team in in NKY.
Wideleft01 Wrote:They split the series and in the end Ryle lost. Highlands didn't lose to end their season. In the polls, when you lose, you drop. Ryle dropped and can't feel too good about how their season ended.
in the end Ryle won the one at the end of the season. So Ryle is #1
:thanks:
Who would have been the favorite if they played a 3rd game at Ryle? Highlands would have come out at minus 14. Ryle played 1 good game versus Highlands. Give them credit. Highlands was better.

Anyone who saw the Trinity-Highlands game knows both teams were pretty even. Highlands played a base defense against Trinity with no stunts, blitzes, etc...Trinity was checking into different plays on offense, and doing everything they could on defense. The game still ended up 49-42 Trinity. Highlands would have beat Trinity when healthy at the end of the season. I hope a game gets worked out for next year. Highlands is better.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Who would have been the favorite if they played a 3rd game at Ryle? Highlands would have come out at minus 14. Ryle played 1 good game versus Highlands. Give them credit. Highlands was better.

Anyone who saw the Trinity-Highlands game knows both teams were pretty even. Highlands played a base defense against Trinity with no stunts, blitzes, etc...Trinity was checking into different plays on offense, and doing everything they could on defense. The game still ended up 49-42 Trinity. Highlands would have beat Trinity when healthy at the end of the season. I hope a game gets worked out for next year. Highlands is better.

It doesn't matter. Anyone who saw the HHS / Trinity game would also tell you that it was September!
Wideleft01 Wrote:Who would have been the favorite if they played a 3rd game at Ryle? Highlands would have come out at minus 14. Ryle played 1 good game versus Highlands. Give them credit. Highlands was better.

not that night Ryle won when it mattered at the end of the season
And at the end of the season, Highlands won a state championship. Ryle ended their season the same as Dayton. With a loss.
Wideleft01 Wrote:And at the end of the season, Highlands won a state championship. Ryle ended their season the same as Dayton. With a loss.

I guess you should be happy that HHS didn't have to play Trinity and lose to.
Wideleft01 Wrote:And at the end of the season, Highlands won a state championship. Ryle ended their season the same as Dayton. With a loss.
OK with that logic

1. NCC and that team from Ft. Thomas

3. Ryle and Beechwood

5. Walton Verona/SK/Bellevue

8. Scott/Campbell/Holmes/Bishop Brossart/and all the others that made the playoffs
Stardust Wrote:I guess you should be happy that HHS didn't have to play Trinity and lose to.

Not happy. Highlands would have loved to play Trinity. When healthy, Highlands was the best team in the state again this year. Even though some think it was a down year by Highlands standards.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Not happy. Highlands would have loved to play Trinity. When healthy, Highlands was the best team in the state again this year. Even though some think it was a down year by Highlands standards.

Lot's of conjecture, you just don't know for a fact. But, for who was tops in NKY, edge goes to Ryle for the victory when it counted most over Highlands
1, Highlands
2. Ryle
3. Beechwood
4. NCC
5. Cov. Cath.
nky Wrote:in the end Ryle won the one at the end of the season. So Ryle is #1
:thanks:

so does that make beechwood better than ncc? because at the end of the year, becchwood beat ncc.
I've been ryle's biggest fan on this site besides scmilla.... but i agree the do not finish final poll as #1.. RYLE Finished THE SEASON POLL AS #1 which is still a huge accomplishment but Highlands went on to win state with only 1 loss now i don't think highlands could of beat trinity either but they weren't set up in that division plus highlands is a much smaller school than a trinity or ryle which you have to give props for. & ryle will still be able to say they stopped highlands 37 game win streak dead in its tracks they "laid the wood" on them as there coined phrase goes..
& walton no possible way should be in the top 10 they played absolutely no one this year they were crushed by beechwood and a medicore team in frankfort they made the playoffs by beating who??? exactly....
My final poll...

#1-- Highlands-- hate to take it from ryle but they only get it because they had one loss (arguement can be made about the competetion level they had to state though....)
#2-- Ryle-- An amazing season beat an awesome highlands team beat sk twice (destroyed them the second time) finished 12-2 & gave trinity a run for there money till the last 4 min of the game....
#3-- NCC-- Had an amazing state run beat alot of teams & played upper division teams during the regular season...
#4-- Beechwood-- Sad way to go out during the playoffs for there seniors but one great season they had playing schools 5 times there size during regualr season & acually being in the game...
#5-- Sk-- Good season end of an era with losing miles last year & losing lawerence this year...
#6-- CovCath/ -- Impressive comeback after being slaughtered by ryle 61-7 in opening week
--Dixie-- Pike really stepped up at the end of the year really impressive..
#7--Campbell County-- Micheal kremer Had an amazing career
#8--Newportt-- Impressive
#9--Holmes-- Choked at the end expected more..
#10-- Holy Cross-- Really impressive for a newer football program..

Conner-- Couldn't make up for lost seniors...
Cooper-- Impressive run at the end..
Boone-- Huge disappointment...
Im not from N. KY but heres my opinion

1 Highlands - hands down
2 Ryle
3 NCC
4 SK
5 Cov Cath
6 Dixie
7 Beechwood
8 Holmes
9 Campbell Co
10 Holy Cross Covington
toussaints Wrote:so does that make beechwood better than ncc? because at the end of the year, becchwood beat ncc.
well sure why not