Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudley Hiltons entire Press Conference from today...
Enjoy for the ones who hasnt seen it yet.

http://www.wkyt.com/blogs/boxscores/Dudl...80984.html

Once again Congrats to Dudley Hilton. :Clap:
This is a big opportunity for Dudley. I believe he will do very well at Pikeville.
Congrats to Coach Hilton!
Congrats coach Hilton
Congrats to Pikeville College
Congrats Coach Hilton & Pikeville College on a great hire.:rockon:
congrats to coach Hilton
Ring the "bell" for Dudley. He's now at P-ville.
Dudley was a great coach at Bell, now loaded with athletes I wonder what he can do?
Congrats to Dudley & Pikeville College. With this combination, greater days lie ahead for this region.
Ring that bell for Dudley!
Why Is this a Good Hire?

Not being mean and not wanting to get blasted. Why is this a good hire? A 62 year old coach at the downward end of his career. A coach known for smashmouth football and loading the box on defense.

Just because a coach is successful at the high school level, doesnt mean it will translate. Also, he has been successful at the high school level, but not Dale Mueller, Yeagle, Beatty, Chuck Smith etc successful.
Is Coach Hilton bringing any assistants from Bell with him?
Welcome to Pikeville College Coach Hilton!!!
KYcoalminer Wrote:Why Is this a Good Hire?

Not being mean and not wanting to get blasted. Why is this a good hire? A 62 year old coach at the downward end of his career. A coach known for smashmouth football and loading the box on defense.

Just because a coach is successful at the high school level, doesnt mean it will translate. Also, he has been successful at the high school level, but not Dale Mueller, Yeagle, Beatty, Chuck Smith etc successful.

Recruiting.
I think Pikeville did a better job in hiring a head coach than Kentucky Christian they hire some guy on IR in the NFL with no coach experince. SO GOOD JOB PIKEVILLE
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Recruiting.

Try again.

With Johnson gone, PC loses a big load of their pipeline commits from the Carolina's, Georgia, Florida, ECT... I dont believe Hilton is going to go on recruiting trips like Johnson did.

I agree with you 100%. But for some reason I am still excited about it. I think its just the fact that its a change, and not really who the coach is. But oh well.

I think Coach Hilton has a major wake up call coming to him. Yes, he may be have been a great high school coach but the college level is completely different. The MSC in the NAIA is the toughest conference in the country and its going to be hard for them to compete for the next couple or years. The local talent they have is nowhere near where it needs to be. Hopefully this will get kids from down his way to come to Pikeville! I know in the past there were less local kids on the team, but the kids from EKY that were on the team could flat out play! Nathan Moore, Jesse Peck, the Sullivans from Pikeville, Brad Allen, Josh Hundley, Nick Jamerson, and the list goes on.

If I had a son that was graduating high school, wanting to play college ball, and then go to med school, I would try to get a job at a school that has all these things, too! Plus, it would all be FREE! :devilflam
Pikeville wasnt that good with deep south recurits anyways.So he should do what Lindsey Wilson does and recurit from the Louisville area.
I agree that Hilton could recruit some Kentucky boys, but I don't see him recruiting down in South Carolina, GA, Fl, etc. If he wants to be successful he will have to bring in some from those areas. Not all, but some.

Heck of a Pipeline Johnson had. How many games did he win with his PIPELINE to the south?
I heard Dickie Webb a Lawrence County legend ,interviewed for the Bell Co job and things look very promising for him. They are currently negotiating the contract $$
VoR_58 Wrote:I agree with you 100%. But for some reason I am still excited about it. I think its just the fact that its a change, and not really who the coach is. But oh well.

I think Coach Hilton has a major wake up call coming to him. Yes, he may be have been a great high school coach but the college level is completely different. The MSC in the NAIA is the toughest conference in the country and its going to be hard for them to compete for the next couple or years. The local talent they have is nowhere near where it needs to be. Hopefully this will get kids from down his way to come to Pikeville! I know in the past there were less local kids on the team, but the kids from EKY that were on the team could flat out play! Nathan Moore, Jesse Peck, the Sullivans from Pikeville, Brad Allen, Josh Hundley, Nick Jamerson, and the list goes on.

If I had a son that was graduating high school, wanting to play college ball, and then go to med school, I would try to get a job at a school that has all these things, too! Plus, it would all be FREE! :devilflam

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:
Great post.
cavery59 Wrote:Pikeville wasnt that good with deep south recurits anyways.So he should do what Lindsey Wilson does and recurit from the Louisville area.

Great point what was there record with all those kids? There is a zillion big colleges, small colleges, and JuCo in the South that has football. If a kid decides to leave Florida, Georgia, etc and come here chances are they're not very good. Look at LCW which is a prime example in their first season went 5-6 in the MSC with all FRESHMAN and I bet they have between 70 and 80 players from the state of KY. Matt Powers from Middlesboro was the leading WR and Ricky Bowling from Soth Laurel got alot of snaps at QB. Sam Wilson from Greenwood High School was the Freshman of the year in the MSC. So to say you can't win with KY kids is not true IMO.
I am happy for Coach Hilton, I am sad to see him go, but I am happy for him. One thing I want to throw out there is this: He is NOT going so his son gets his college paid for, John Dudley is in the Governors Scholar Program, he is a very smart young man.
Congrats to Coach Hilton....

How ironic is that his starting QB played and is from Middlesboro? lol

There was this guy named, Tom Osbourne, who won quite a few games with this type of offense at the D-I level. Perhaps you've heard of him???
Intimidator Wrote:Congrats to Coach Hilton....

How ironic is that his starting QB played and is from Middlesboro? lol

That may be Hilton's first change up because I believe Hoskins set the record for most interceptions in a season. Not sure what their options are though behind him.
3wishes Wrote:That may be Hilton's first change up because I believe Hoskins set the record for most interceptions in a season. Not sure what their options are though behind him.

He also set a MSC record with 600 and some odd yards in a game too.
3wishes Wrote:That may be Hilton's first change up because I believe Hoskins set the record for most interceptions in a season. Not sure what their options are though behind him.

could open the door for madon (bell's qb at bell this year) to follow... madon's a big kid with alot of potential... but that's just what i've been hearing...