Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands preview/schedule 2011
With towels returning will be an amazing year in nky football next year with towels of highlands pike of Dixie & Elliott of Ryle all potential D-1 FBS players.. Also heard rumors of highlands playing two Ohio schools due to weak divisionbin 4a there in...
Boyle Co, Elder, Ryle, Lou. Western, Covcath*, Holmes*, Harrison Co*, Mason Co and Pendleton Co* are the teams that I've heard at this point. Mason (OH) was on the schedule for a day, but they cancelled because they didn't feel that the program was going to be at the level they'd hoped. LexCath and Indianapolis Cathedral were two schools rumored to be possibilities to take the place of Mason.
* are district games, btw.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Boyle Co, Elder, Ryle, Lou. Western, Covcath*, Holmes*, Harrison Co*, Mason Co and Pendleton Co* are the teams that I've heard at this point. Mason (OH) was on the schedule for a day, but they cancelled because they didn't feel that the program was going to be at the level they'd hoped. LexCath and Indianapolis Cathedral were two schools rumored to be possibilities to take the place of Mason.
* are district games, btw.

I heard from a good source that the 10th game may be filled by participating in the Crosstown Showdown held each year in Cincinnati. Things hadn't been finalized but were being seriously discussed. That wouldn't be against Elder by the way; the Elder game is the 9th game of the year and the Showdown is held much earlier in the year.
Don't be surprised if Dixie is scheduled for that 10th game if the others fall through. Spritzky is an HHS grad as everyone knows.
horst muhlmann Wrote:Don't be surprised if Dixie is scheduled for that 10th game if the others fall through. Spritzky is an HHS grad as everyone knows.

I don't see Spritzky wanting to schedule Highlands. I think he was happy as a Lark to finally not have to play Highlands as a district game.
horst muhlmann Wrote:Don't be surprised if Dixie is scheduled for that 10th game if the others fall through. Spritzky is an HHS grad as everyone knows.

You are right. I heard that info after I heard about the Crosstown Showdown info. It may end up being Dixie. If I was Tom and had to possibly face Trinity down the road, getting Highlands on my schedule would be a no-brainer to me.
tradition Wrote:I don't see Spritzky wanting to schedule Highlands. I think he was happy as a Lark to finally not have to play Highlands as a district game.

I agree. And, I don't think it does anything for Highlands to play Dixie, other than it may be part of the Cross Town Showdown. But, with that being played in the first three weeks of the season when Dixie is usually the weakest, it would be a surprise if they play.

Maybe Dixie's strong showing at Highlands in the playoffs has given Coach Spritzky a boost of confidence about next season.
Highlands is playing Dixie next year! The Elder game is that the Pit.
The Elder game is supposed to be at Highlands next year and at the pit in 2012.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:With towels returning will be an amazing year in nky football next year with towels of highlands pike of Dixie & Elliott of Ryle all potential D-1 FBS players.. Also heard rumors of highlands playing two Ohio schools due to weak divisionbin 4a there in...

Forgotten by many because Highlands has no two way players, but Drake Bruns of Highlands is also a legitimate potential D-1 FBS player. I know Bruns, Towles and Pike are heading to San Antonio for the Army National Underclassman Combine next Month (I haven't confirmed Elliot but I assume he will be there also)...and this event only invites about 500 juniors each year.

As for the schedule, I know the Highlands/Boyle Co game is Highlands first game next year...I hope the Highlands/Dixie game isn't Dixie's first game since Pike has to sit out Dixie's first regular season game next year...I want to see both D-1 QB's on the field for that matchup.
Wideleft01 Wrote:The Elder game is supposed to be at Highlands next year and at the pit in 2012.

According to the Elder AD, the game is at the pit in 2011 and at Highlands in 2012.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2010/1...s-in-2011/
Wideleft01 Wrote:The Elder game is supposed to be at Highlands next year and at the pit in 2012.

You're right in that was the initial deal, but things have changed. It is at the Pit in 2011.
NCC41 Wrote:You're right in that was the initial deal, but things have changed. It is at the Pit in 2011.

That's awesome. The Pit will be rocking. It's a great atmosphere for a game.
No 10th game will be vs. ryle unless there is a cross river showdown....
Does anyone think Highlands and Moeller could get another deal together. I don't know the exact relationship between Mueller and Rodenburg, but Mueller might want to exercise the demons of 2006.
With the 2011 schedule, a couple injuries in key positions could mean a long year for the Birds. Let's pray they stay healthy with that schedule.
Many are predicting stellar teams out of Trinity and Highlands over the next couple years. Each has 20 State titles. As an outsider looking in, I think it is a travesty that these two teams don't schedule one another. I'm beginning to think that each team fears losing to the other b/c of sheer pride. A two year deal should be in the works for the two best programs in the state. Anything less is ridiculous IMO. If they did play one another, I think the state would have more respect for the respective programs. But for now, they look like they're duckin'.:biggrin:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Many are predicting stellar teams out of Trinity and Highlands over the next couple years. Each has 20 State titles. As an outsider looking in, I think it is a travesty that these two teams don't schedule one another. I'm beginning to think that each team fears losing to the other b/c of sheer pride. A two year deal should be in the works for the two best programs in the state. Anything less is ridiculous IMO. If they did play one another, I think the state would have more respect for the respective programs. But for now, they look like they're duckin'.:biggrin:

it is a travesty and yes its because both coaches are afraid of losing that game and being that #2 team in the state. therefore, this game will not happen for awhile
toussaints Wrote:it is a travesty and yes its because both coaches are afraid of losing that game and being that #2 team in the state. therefore, this game will not happen for awhile

I don't think either team is afraid to be the number 2 team in the State. Trinity was #2 in 2009 and Highlands was #2 in 2010.
I think most folks in Ky. look at programs like Highlands and Trinity with much disrespect. Why? B/c instead of seeking out the best to play, they choose to pummel weaker teams in hopes that the point spread would garner them tops in the state recognition w/o having to face the best. Every year it's the same ole' song and dance with one excuse following another about why they don't schedule the game. If the two teams really wanted to get it scheduled, they would get it done. period. Hence, the love/hate relationship with Highlands/Trinity football in the state of Kentucky. I bet if they scheduled eachother every year 2x/yr, most fans would show greater respect for the programs in general. So, next year once again we'll have the two top teams in the state argue over who is #1 and the threads will continue to repeat themselves over and over and over again as we scratch our heads wondering when these two powerhouses will ever get it right.:HitWall:
Will Highlands scrimmage Trinity again?
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I think most folks in Ky. look at programs like Highlands and Trinity with much disrespect. Why? B/c instead of seeking out the best to play, they choose to pummel weaker teams in hopes that the point spread would garner them tops in the state recognition w/o having to face the best. Every year it's the same ole' song and dance with one excuse following another about why they don't schedule the game. If the two teams really wanted to get it scheduled, they would get it done. period. Hence, the love/hate relationship with Highlands/Trinity football in the state of Kentucky. I bet if they scheduled eachother every year 2x/yr, most fans would show greater respect for the programs in general. So, next year once again we'll have the two top teams in the state argue over who is #1 and the threads will continue to repeat themselves over and over and over again as we scratch our heads wondering when these two powerhouses will ever get it right.:HitWall:

Guess you decided to stay at the 915 while these two teams scrimmaged this August.:biggrin:
tradition Wrote:Guess you decided to stay at the 915 while these two teams scrimmaged this August.:biggrin:

Do you know how silly you sound? A scrimmage. lol, thanks for supporting my argument.:Clap:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Do you know how silly you sound? A scrimmage. lol, thanks for supporting my argument.:Clap:

Your silly argument is getting old.:Thumbs:
UK1fan Wrote:Will Highlands scrimmage Trinity again?

Doesn't really matter much. The winner claims nothing but local bragging rights and the loser saves face by claiming it "was only a scrimmage". I say suit up and do it right during the regular season or don't play eachother at all.
UK1fan Wrote:Will Highlands scrimmage Trinity again?

I think they will. I can't be for sure. Heck, I'm just glad they are beginning to scrimmage. It's a step in the right direction. They last time these two played a game was 2000. Highlands won. It may be a baby step but it is definately a step.
At the scrimmage Highlands played a simple base defense. No stunts, blitzing, etc...Trinity comes out checking off at the line etc.....I think it meant a little more to Trinity. I'm not convinced Trinity was the best team in the state in 2010, but we'll never know.
Wideleft01 Wrote:At the scrimmage Highlands played a simple base defense. No stunts, blitzing, etc...Trinity comes out checking off at the line etc.....I think it meant a little more to Trinity. I'm not convinced Trinity was the best team in the state in 2010, but we'll never know.

Oh brother, here we go....Precisely my point, we'll never know until these two man up. The KHSAA should press the issue.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Oh brother, here we go....Precisely my point, we'll never know until these two man up. The KHSAA should press the issue.

No, they shouldn't. Just because you are fixated on the issue, it doesn't mean the KHSAA should make it a priority.

Get over it. They will play if and when they play. For now, a scrimmage will have to do.

Your assertion that they are ducking each other is absurd, and ignores the evidence to the contrary, presented in numerous threads by both sides of the issue.
Thunder 44 Wrote:[/B]

No, they shouldn't. Just because you are fixated on the issue, it doesn't mean the KHSAA should make it a priority.

Get over it. They will play if and when they play. For now, a scrimmage will have to do.

Your assertion that they are ducking each other is absurd, and ignores the evidence to the contrary, presented in numerous threads by both sides of the issue.

Take a poll and the numbers would speak volumes. Arguing with you is pointless.:ChairHit: