Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 2011
You still havnt told me the agenda.You have threatened legal action and now im going to get an *** whipping lol.I took one once and have given several since then,that being said.You seem to want to go back to me bashing a kid(which hasnt happened read post) You herd a ****ed off dad mad because it didnt work out for his kid.I dont blame him for leaving if thats whats best for the kid.Then you get on here and start a ruckus about the LC coaches agendas,they are friends of mine and I defend a friend.You havnt answerd any question asked of you,only threaten to run and tell teacher something.Well I have been out of school a long time so you tell the teacher what you wish.
If LC has no defense, no running game, and a weak o-line..what does that mean that East Jessamine has?
Hey smartguy, I don't know what specific agenda any coach might have. I started my part of this conversation by identifying the weaknesses @ LC and stating what I believe to be true. I still hold true to my statements and to my critique of LC. Between you and the others on here, you all seem to want to crack on a kid that you don't know.

I am not threatening legal action, but I am sure the family of the kid in question would not appreciate people from LC discussing personal issues regarding the student-athlete.

I am not running to "tell teacher". I do plan to inform my dear friend that a web post that was intended to discuss what LC football needs to be successful in 2011, has digressed into a bashing of his son.
To all you Lex.Cath. fans,havent you noticed a trend since Bob Sphire left for georgia.your program has slowly been going down hill,and its not gonna stop until Letton leaves,Sphire was an amazing coach one of the best in the state.Bill Letton on the other hand not so good.ive known Letton long befor he came to catholic.if you will check his track record you will find him to be at best an averege coach not one thats gonna take you to the promise land.yes i know he won a state title for you,but he done it with Sphires team.good luck cause your gonna need it with Letton.
Jack Lambert Wrote:To all you Lex.Cath. fans,havent you noticed a trend since Bob Sphire left for georgia.your program has slowly been going down hill,and its not gonna stop until Letton leaves,Sphire was an amazing coach one of the best in the state.Bill Letton on the other hand not so good.ive known Letton long befor he came to catholic.if you will check his track record you will find him to be at best an averege coach not one thats gonna take you to the promise land.yes i know he won a state title for you,but he done it with Sphires team.good luck cause your gonna need it with Letton.

oh yeah because Letton didn't take Prestonberg to a state title game. and how or you going to say his state championship isn't valid when he got the head coaching job coming off Sphire's staff and won it in his second year.
This is Coach Hinkle. I am shocked and displeased to learn that my son's name is being drug through the mud here. I generally believe in avoiding the cancer of the web forums. In this case, I feel justified to respond.

While I appreciate a friend sticking up for our family, and advising me of this forum, I have asked him to make no further comments.

To set the record straight, we left Lexington Catholic and are now at East Jessamine. We weren't happy or we would still be there. Period. End of story.

If there is anyone out there who has an issue with me or my son, have the decency to contact me directly. Send me a message and I would be glad to meet with you to clarify things. I will make my E-mail address accessible on this forum.

I advise anyone with nothing better to do than sit on here and banter about topics that don't concern you to think twice before you speak (write).

Thank you for your time.

Coach Hinkle
Go Jags!!
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:oh yeah because Letton didn't take Prestonberg to a state title game. and how or you going to say his state championship isn't valid when he got the head coaching job coming off Sphire's staff and won it in his second year.

I didnt say the title wasnt valid it is,but if you dont see the trend you are half blind.i could care less either way.the farther you guys slip the more it benefits Boyle.Bob sphire was a great coach,and if you cant tell the difference between him and Letton you are completely blind.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Offense wins games. Defense wins championships.

:Thumbs:
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Jack Lambert Wrote:I think Lex. cath.will be good on offense next season with bolin they will be hard to stop.on the other hand thier defense was horrible this year.if Lex.cath.is gonna win the distric they better get a defense.cause i think they they will have to out score alot of teams next season to win.

Jack did you get my message?
havesomefun Wrote:Jack did you get my message?

Yes i PM D you back.
Those who have followed or know the history of LexCath know that its better years seem to fall on the odd years. Championships were in 2005 and 2007. Under 2 different coaches. The cycle goes back a while. If you look at the history books there is one year LexCath beats St. X (on an odd year) and then the next year loses big. 2009 and 2010 may look like a 'slide' but in reality 2009 was more of disappointment than 2010. In 2009 there were over 25 seniors with a 3 years starter QB. In 2010, 10 seniors (actually 8 with 2 out for the year with injuries) and a 1st year QB. Lots of sophomores starting, especially on defense.

So next year it will be the up 'odd' year. Lots of juniors who already have a year under their belt and a few more seniors. Not the mega-class of 2009 but more than 8. So things should be better in '11.

I am not sure the reason for the personal attacks on our coaching staff. Bob was an exceptional coach. Not just in Kentucky but but also in the football power state of Georgia. Bill Letton strengths are different and I doubt he or 99% of the coaches in Kentucky could replicate what Bob did in terms of building a program. But Bill is outstanding coach and a good man and father.
anyone who would down coach letton must not know anything about football. not only is he a great football coach,but he is the kind of person you want your son to play for. we moved our family to lexington from an hour away mostly because we are sure we want our 8th grader to go to high school next year and play for bill letton. all of you could take a lesson from coach letton on class, and i hope you have to play catholic this fall. good luck
If lettons got class he has got it since he came to lexington,cause he absolutely had none at p-burg.pm me some time and ill tell you about the things he done against Boyle co.in a state semifinal game in 2000.it might change your outlook on things,and what i tell you any Boyle fan who attended that game can tell you the same thing.he couldnt handle losing by 60 points,and completely went off the deep end.
Jack Lambert Wrote:To all you Lex.Cath. fans,havent you noticed a trend since Bob Sphire left for georgia.your program has slowly been going down hill,and its not gonna stop until Letton leaves,Sphire was an amazing coach one of the best in the state.Bill Letton on the other hand not so good.ive known Letton long befor he came to catholic.if you will check his track record you will find him to be at best an averege coach not one thats gonna take you to the promise land.yes i know he won a state title for you,but he done it with Sphires team.good luck cause your gonna need it with Letton.
Best at average:please:
That is one of the dumbest posts I've ever read on this website! Do you have a clue how many coaches in their lifetime could go to a state championship as an assistant coach much less a head coach? Bill Letton has been in 2 state championships as a head coach at 2 different schools! Yep that's average at best:lmao:

At one point in my life I did not like him. That was my Sr year in high school when he beat me the last game I ever played in my life as a high school football player. All we did in high school was win. That was until we ran into Pburg in the Regional Fianls where average teams get too.
The next year he won one of the greatest games in high school history rolling into Danville and pulling off a major upset. That's average.
Fast forward a decade and I found myself coaching with Bill Letton and Bob Sphire. Both outstanding guys that went out of their way to be good to me. I remember eating Thanksgiving pregame on the way to Highlands. All Coach Lettons defense did that night was shutout the Bluebirds at home. Let me say that again. Highlands scored zero points that night at home. Of course that's what the average coach does.
He went on to not only win a state championship that year but turned around and won it again as a head coach there. Pretty average.
It's easy to hide behind fake names and take shots at men that spend a whole lot of time away from their families to hopefully impact young mens life and prepare them for the game of life.
I can tell people right now 1st hand I went from not liking somebody because they beat me my last game ever to absolutly respecting Coach Letton as a man, coach and friend. My son could play for him any day! His resume speaks for itself and personally I'll never forget how good he was to me as a young coach!
In response to Jack Lambert, Coach Letton was coaching at Montgomery County in 2000. Not Prestonsburg.
jack lambert i dont need a pm please say what you have to say for us all to see. coach letton was at montgomery co in 2000. no offense but if you are going to trash someone get you facts together first. good luck
Who are some top players returning for Catholic in 2011? Who are some of the top players leaving? predictions for the season?
Also does anyone have any information about the incoming freshman class?
KnightTime Wrote:Who are some top players returning for Catholic in 2011? Who are some of the top players leaving? predictions for the season?

Kyle Bolin returns as a juinor after leading the knights in passing and rushing. WR Adam Bush returns as leading reciever. Amoh Kumengisa, teams 2nd leading rusher, and James Maddox, who was leading team in rushing til an injury ended his season returns as well. The o-line returns 4 out of 5 starters including all-city center Kurt Wilhelmus. On defense the Knights return 9 of 11 starters including all-city safety Adam Wachs as well 6 players who started games on the d-line return.
KnightTime Wrote:Also does anyone have any information about the incoming freshman class?

I think they are in the after school weight lifting program now. I dont know much about them yet but i think knighted knows a ton about the middle school program so maybe he could tell you more.
I have been a follower of this site for a few months.I read the post and mostly laugh at the rumors that I see written in some of the threads.I wasnt planning on commenting on here but after reading some of the post about our coach I felt I should make my feelings known. My son is the Catholic QB and I have read he was going to transfer and this and that.I also see post from other fans that Bill Letton has let the program slip. Be assured of this the Catholic program is in good shape,at any high school, classes will be down from time to time and the wins and losses reflect that. As a parent of 2 sons in the Catholic program Kyle and Clay I couldnt be more happy than having my boys at Catholic and playing for Bill Letton.The coaching staff is 2nd to none as far as I am concerned. It has old school integrity which Bill Letton has brought and that is the most important thing to me.They have given both my sons every oppertunity to have success and I think they would do anything to help them on or off the field. Bill Letton has a great family and good kids and in my book how could a parent ask for more from a coach. Catholic is a wonderful family that is so much more than football. I have watched several young boys grow to fine young men in the last 13 yrs of being around the program and that speaks volumes for the coaching staff many who have been there since its inception. I look forward to the next few years of football at LC and there is no doubt that there will be alot enjoyment for all of our fans. I wish all parents at other schools were as lucky as the parents of Lexington Catholic football players.
Sorry Mr. Bolin, I didn't see anyone say your son was leaving. Maybe I missed it or maybe it was removed. Anyway, your a good man to come to the support for your coach and I wish you all the luck in the world every game except one next year. By the way, your kid is a very, very good QB.
64black&gold Wrote:Sorry Mr. Bolin, I didn't see anyone say your son was leaving. Maybe I missed it or maybe it was removed. Anyway, your a good man to come to the support for your coach and I wish you all the luck in the world every game except one next year. By the way, your kid is a very, very good QB.

Oh your fine, it was mentioned on another thread and I thought it was time to put this to rest.I enjoy reading your post. Thank you for your compliment on my son and what great games Lex Cath and Boyle have! Thats the way to spend a friday night.
Here is the Knights Schedule. i like it think it is challenging and will get the knights ready for the playoffs

August 2010
TBA
Somerset (Scrimmage)
TBA
TBA
Fri 19
Bell County
Away
7:30 PM
Sat 27
Bluegrass Bowl
John Hardin vs Lexington Catholic
Home
8:35 PM
September 2010
Fri 2
Lafayette
Away
Fri 9
Louisville Male
Home
Fri 16
Madison Central
Away
Fri 23
Mercer County
Home (District)
Fri 30
Boyle County
Away (District)
October 2010
Fri 7
Taylor County
Home (District)
Fri 14
Open
Fri 21
Marion County
Away (District)
Fri 28
Bowling Green
Home
8:00 PM
Lexington Catholic 2011

Aug 19, 11 Bell County 7:30 PM
Aug 27, 11 John Hardin home 8:30 PM
Sep 2, 11 Lafayette away 7:30 PM
Sep 9, 11 Male home 7:30 PM
Sep 16, 11 Madison Central away 7:30 PM
Sep 23, 11 Mercer County home 7:30 PM
Sep 30, 11 Boyle County away 7:30 PM
Oct 7, 11 Taylor County home 7:30 PM
Oct 21, 11 Marion County away 7:30 PM
Oct 28, 11 Bowling Green home 8:00 PM
KnightTime Wrote:Also does anyone have any information about the incoming freshman class?

the incoming freshman class has so outstanding prospects. 5 kids made the ky all star game. wr/qb jordan hatton has size 6-5 175 with outstanding speed. qb reese ryan was all state as a qb in 2010 and as a safety in 2009, has great size 6-2 , a great arm and feel for the game. ol/ dl cameron bailey is a big strong kid with great feet. lbs chase bolin and braxton couch had great years and round out the all stars. db/ath cody mithchell showed flashes but spent most of the year out with injuries. the only thing they did not have this fall was numbers(only around 13) but the talent is outstanding. they were 13-1 state runners up in 8th grade despite starting 5 7th graders on offense and 4 on d. if they work hard it could be a very good class.
Catholic looks good after max week with several line men squatting over 400 and showing good team speed with 6 kids running under 4.6s and most of the skill kids running under 4.9s (granted they were handtimed by the coaches so they might be a little generous.) hope they can translate this to the field
As long as Bill Letton remains Head Coach at Catholic the program will not only never win another state title, but continue to decline. I dont say this out of dislike for Bill but simply because the stats do not lie. Either Letton must go or Catholic's program will continue to go downwards.
LOL. Lex, you my friend are a blooming idiot.
lex1880 Wrote:As long as Bill Letton remains Head Coach at Catholic the program will not only never win another state title, but continue to decline. I dont say this out of dislike for Bill but simply because the stats do not lie. Either Letton must go or Catholic's program will continue to go downwards.

Very stupid statement. I think I know why you believe this which has been Catholic's regular season record. Coming off our 2007 State Championship the Knights have been 6-4, 6-4, and 5-5. I think a main reason for this dropoff has been LexCath's uptick in scheduling.
In 2008 the team replaced like 9 of 11 starters on both sides of the ball. Their 5 losses came to Bishop Chatard out of Indiana, which is a very strong progam up there, St.X, Highlands, and Boyle County, twice both in single digits with the regular season meeting having 2 td's taken from the Knights because of penalties. That overall 8-5 record is very deciving.

In 2009 the expectations were very high because of their returing talent and again played one of the harder schedules in the state. Their 5 losses were against St.X, Lone Oak, Trinity, and Boyle again twice. The regular season losses against Lone Oak and Trinity were by 3 points and one different play or holding call in each would have been the difference. The Boyle games were their usual tight affairs losing by one score in reg. season and a late score by Boyle made the final score 34-20ish another tight game. Again another deciving 8-5 record.

Last season the Knights returned nearly no one and with small seinor and juinor classes relied heavily on sophmores while still playing a brutal schedule.If this team had had the schedule of the 07 state champs they probably would have been 7-3 or 8-2 heading into the playoffs. Their losses were the same, again they should've beat Lone Oak but didn't adding one to CovCath. They were still able to take 4a champs Boyle to the wire in their playoff game.

This season the Knights have one of the best QB's in the state, return a ton of starters, are very hungry, fast, and should have a great season competing for the state title. They still have a tough schedule but with the 2 superpowers, X and T, off it the regular season record could look prettier.