Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 2011
Sorry about the long response he just ticked me off
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:Very stupid statement. I think I know why you believe this which has been Catholic's regular season record. Coming off our 2007 State Championship the Knights have been 6-4, 6-4, and 5-5. I think a main reason for this dropoff has been LexCath's uptick in scheduling.
In 2008 the team replaced like 9 of 11 starters on both sides of the ball. Their 5 losses came to Bishop Chatard out of Indiana, which is a very strong progam up there, St.X, Highlands, and Boyle County, twice both in single digits with the regular season meeting having 2 td's taken from the Knights because of penalties. That overall 8-5 record is very deciving.

In 2009 the expectations were very high because of their returing talent and again played one of the harder schedules in the state. Their 5 losses were against St.X, Lone Oak, Trinity, and Boyle again twice. The regular season losses against Lone Oak and Trinity were by 3 points and one different play or holding call in each would have been the difference. The Boyle games were their usual tight affairs losing by one score in reg. season and a late score by Boyle made the final score 34-20ish another tight game. Again another deciving 8-5 record.

Last season the Knights returned nearly no one and with small seinor and juinor classes relied heavily on sophmores while still playing a brutal schedule.If this team had had the schedule of the 07 state champs they probably would have been 7-3 or 8-2 heading into the playoffs. Their losses were the same, again they should've beat Lone Oak but didn't adding one to CovCath. They were still able to take 4a champs Boyle to the wire in their playoff game.

This season the Knights have one of the best QB's in the state, return a ton of starters, are very hungry, fast, and should have a great season competing for the state title. They still have a tough schedule but with the 2 superpowers, X and T, off it the regular season record could look prettier.

Well said.
Most people know about QB Kyle Bolin.

As the season approaches here is a name and number to keep in mind.

#1 - Adam Bush

Bush and Bolin have been playing pitch and catch together for the last 5 years. Bush knows where the sideline or endline is all the time and he knows how to fight for the ball and then get a lot of yards after reception.
Bluegrasscard Wrote:Most people know about QB Kyle Bolin.

As the season approaches here is a name and number to keep in mind.

#1 - Adam Bush

Bush and Bolin have been playing pitch and catch together for the last 5 years. Bush knows where the sideline or endline is all the time and he knows how to fight for the ball and then get a lot of yards after reception.

I'll put Adam Bush up with any reciever in the state
Bell will beat Lex. Catholic by 9 pts.