Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 50 Clark Co. 45 (Scrimmage)
perry central jus beat clark county 50-45 at the fast lane classic.
Congrats Dores!
Watched some of the 1st half, wasn't really impressed with GRC, but they were without their best player in Robbie Stenzel.

Also from what I seen, the Cornett's controlled the paint for Perry.
Who started for Perry?
trevor combs, dustin brewer, kyle huff, axl sizemore, and dillon cornett started. and dalton cornett, braxton beverly, and jeff smith played off the bench.

perry played really good defense most of the game. dalton comes off the bench, but is probably the best player on the team. he led them with 17 points in the game.
Congrats to PCC. What little I seen of the game on TV, I thought the Beverly kid looked good to be so young.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Congrats to PCC. What little I seen of the game on TV, I thought the Beverly kid looked good to be so young.

yeah he is gonna be good. he will help PCC this year.
Boy did the Cards stink it up today. I knew they would. Played and beat the #1 team in J-Town last night, Robbie Stenzel out with a concussion. About what I expected.

Got to give credit to PC and congrats for beating the Cards two years in a row.
It looked like they didn't feel comfortable playing against that 2-3 matchup PCC was using.
GRC has and will struggle against a team that can press..All that talent and they still loose to a PCC team (no disrespect) to them but come on..They play well in Winchester but outside there they always struggle some especially if you press them on D..Goodluck to both teams this year..
Gold Charger Wrote:Boy did the Cards stink it up today. I knew they would. Played and beat the #1 team in J-Town last night, Robbie Stenzel out with a concussion. About what I expected.

Got to give credit to PC and congrats for beating the Cards two years in a row.

So Stenzel was out. How long till they expect him back?
Stardust Wrote:So Stenzel was out. How long till they expect him back?

We have 2 Stenzel's, Robbie and Bopper. Both Started on Friday against J-Town. Robbie may not play in the Christian Co game, will wait and see what Dr says later this week.
royal1 Wrote:GRC has and will struggle against a team that can press..All that talent and they still loose to a PCC team (no disrespect) to them but come on..They play well in Winchester but outside there they always struggle some especially if you press them on D..Goodluck to both teams this year..

Perry always has one of the best teams in the mountains so I don't see the point in saying that.
king360 Wrote:Perry always has one of the best teams in the mountains so I don't see the point in saying that.

Thats why i said no disrespect to them i know there a good team but there far from a top team in state,But GRC has a lot of talent on that team but just don't seem to get used right..
Good win for PC, but it would been more impressive if Stenzel would have played for Clark.
Perry Central is a tough team to beat. They always have some scrappy players and play fundamental basketball. They lure teams to sleep by just passing the ball around and by playing a very sticky 2-3 zone. Pretty much, they love to slow the game down to their pace.

It always gives them a chance against just about anyone in the state.
The beverly kid is a fine, looking player plays like a lot older player.
Was it just me or did Zollo not look as impressive as expected?
LCDawg Wrote:Was it just me or did Zollo not look as impressive as expected?

He is suffering with bad shin-splints. I guess you noticed the big bandage on his leg.
I thought the 7th grader looked good for pcc handled the ball well and hit some shoots he is going to be a very good player
How did Huff do for Perry Central?
Good win.
Perry beat them in a scrimmage last year too. Would have been more impressive if Clark Co was at full strength but still impressive none the less.
Gold Charger Wrote:He is suffering with bad shin-splints. I guess you noticed the big bandage on his leg.

try again,everybody who plays has shin-splints
it was a good win for pcc but some of the "non pcc fans" are trying to make excuses
Good win for pcc fans and a great win for the team...pcc has the best rounded team they have had in a while and everyone said last year was their year to take the reigon they come up short but idt this year they will i think they take the 14th this year...good win pcc...GO DORES!
Gold Charger Wrote:He is suffering with bad shin-splints. I guess you noticed the big bandage on his leg.

Here come the excuses!:eyeroll:

Maybe he just didn't play good. That could happen; everyone has off games. Apparently he is a very good player with a lot of talent, or else Western KY would not be giving him a scholarship.

If he was hurting that bad, he would not have played, especially in a pre-season scrimmage game. Even with Stenzel out, PCC should not have beat GRC.
Being at courtside I was really impressed with the Beverly kid. That young man is going to be a fine player foryears to come. I know Stenzel was out but even so theCards were much more talented but congrats to the Dores on thewin.
I've heard multiple people talk about the Braxton kid..
He is still very young but I can't wait to see his game blossom.
Isn't he supposed to be a freshman? I just thought he was held back 2 years! He is still going to be a great player, but everyone that is a hold back usually looks a lot better than they should. Good luck to him and PCC this year, should be a fun team to watch.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Perry Central is a tough team to beat. They always have some scrappy players and play fundamental basketball. They lure teams to sleep by just passing the ball around and by playing a very sticky 2-3 zone. Pretty much, they love to slow the game down to their pace.

It always gives them a chance against just about anyone in the state.

Agreed.
Not to be picky, but Perry plays A LOT of man as well lol
Good win for PCC even if it was just a scrimmage. It might have been a little different if Stenzel had played but you never know. If PCC can get you playing their style of game it can be a long day, I watched them beat a pretty good Shelby Valley team last year and we all know how the season turned out for SV. GRC has alot of talent and I know it is very early but they are one of the teams I've picked to be playing on Sat. at Rupp in March. It's jmo but I also think they are also one of the teams that have underachieved for the past couple of years and just don't play up to their potential some times.