Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is every ones thoughts on Coach Starns?
So what does evryone think on coach Starns is he better for central or not? IMO he has done many good things esp w/ McCarty, he has taught Mccarty that he doesnt always have to shoot the ball.
Not
"U Know Not!!" Wrote:Not
And what is your reasoning behind it that he hasnt done a good job.

I didnt agree with them letting Coach Tremble go the way that they did, but thats another story in itself, but I think he has done a good job so far.
"biggun.7.06" Wrote:So what does evryone think on coach Starns is he better for central or not? IMO he has done many good things esp w/ McCarty, he has taught Mccarty that he doesnt always have to shoot the ball.

I think that Coach Starns has done an amazing job at Central. Of course, he would be doing much better if the team would listen to him. It's crazy how he stands on the sidelines and screams his fool head off trying to get them to run a play and no one listens. I know it must be very frustrating for him...it is for me as a fan. As far as McCarty goes, he is not listening any more than any of the others IMO for that matter. He isn't shooting as much and I guess in some respects that's good...but if he hits the shots he takes what's the big deal about that?
"biggun.7.06" Wrote:So what does evryone think on coach Starns is he better for central or not? IMO he has done many good things esp w/ McCarty, he has taught Mccarty that he doesnt always have to shoot the ball.

I was upset when the fired Tremble but I have to admit I like Starns style much better. I like the defensive pressure much more. I like the number of offensive plays that would work if the team would run them. I personally think he will make JC into an annual regioinal contender if he stays in the area. I like him.
Well i never did give my op on him so IMO he is a very good coach but the players dont respect him enough, if they did we wouldnt have lost 6 games already so he needs to make them listen some how
"biggun.7.06" Wrote:Well i never did give my op on him so IMO he is a very good coach but the players dont respect him enough, if they did we wouldnt have lost 6 games already so he needs to make them listen some how

I don't think it is that they don't respect him. It has just been hard for them to adjust to the disipline that he brings.
GREAT GAME PLAN TONIGHT STARNS!! Go Eagles! :loveya: :theman:
I dont know him but I like any coach that can beat the legend in his own backyard.
I consider Les Trimble a close friend, but things change and life goes on. I think Coach Starns has done an excellent job. Fans do not realize how hard it is for a new coach to come in and try to put his own system in place, especially one as extensive as his. As a fan, I really like the aggressive style of play. Congradulations Coach on your first win against Paintsville.
I think hes a very good coach
Starns knows his X's & O's!! I see the team coming together and gelling well! This team has the talent to win the region, and NOW they have the discipline to win it! They must continue to get leadership out of the seniors, Rice, Whitaker, Fannin, Music, and Johnson! Keep it up guys!! One BIG win does not make a season!! :Guitar01:But it sure feels good!:Thumbs:
"BeaverCreek Connection" Wrote:I dont know him but I like any coach that can beat the legend in his own backyard.

Yes, that is always a plus!

Coach Starns.....:theman:
Good game plan Coach Starns and nice job JC players.
Should we send a congrats to Coach Starns when he, along with EVERYBODY else is out coaching runyon..................YES, CONGRATS TO COACH STARNS...
"LazerMan" Wrote:Should we send a congrats to Coach Starns when he, along with EVERYBODY else is out coaching runyon..................YES, CONGRATS TO COACH STARNS...

What was funny about last night's game is that Runyon and his coaching staff would call a time out and then they would meet and talk about what to do about the eagles, they wouldn't talk to the players. This happened several times. I like the game plan. Starns is working hard. He may take this region if the boys gain confidence in last night's win. They know now this man knows his stuff.
"singingpreacher" Wrote:What was funny about last night's game is that Runyon and his coaching staff would call a time out and then they would meet and talk about what to do about the eagles, they wouldn't talk to the players. This happened several times. I like the game plan. Starns is working hard. He may take this region if the boys gain confidence in last night's win. They know now this man knows his stuff.

Absolutely agree, preacher. I noticed that during the timeouts last night as well. It was rather funny to see the legend at a loss. Good post.
"singingpreacher" Wrote:What was funny about last night's game is that Runyon and his coaching staff would call a time out and then they would meet and talk about what to do about the eagles, they wouldn't talk to the players. This happened several times. I like the game plan. Starns is working hard. He may take this region if the boys gain confidence in last night's win. They know now this man knows his stuff.

I think what when they would call their time out and have their meeting to talk,Confusedecret: they were discussing who was going to be the DD after the game and whose house they were going to meet for :beerwez:
Starnes has implemented his system and style very well. You're right, he knows the game of basketball and the boys have responded well. No one is perfect and these guys, especially Starnes, strives for perfection.
Coach Starns is a quality coach. I hope he stays.
Coach Starns has done a great job, They will be a dangerous come districts.
im proud of him
"fanof#45" Wrote:Coach Starns is a quality coach. I hope he stays.

I hope he does as well, fan. I think that he could be the best thing to ever happen to JC.
I just wanted to post once more about Coach Starns. My family prayed a lot about the coach that would come to JC. We asked God to bring us one that would not only teach our son how to be a better ball player but also how to be a better Christian. I thank God He answered our prayers with Coach Starns. My son goes to JC because it is an academic jugernaut, he plays ball because he loves the game and he has stayed on the team because he loves his school. So, I am very thankful to have Starns at the helm. So please, if you are an eagle ignore preachers comments on this site. My son is pushed very hard at home to excel in everything he puts his hand to. Go Eagles, Go Starns and Crew, and go #45.
I like Coach Starns because he puts a fire under his players that will take them a very long way.
"fanof#45" Wrote:I just wanted to post once more about Coach Starns. My family prayed a lot about the coach that would come to JC. We asked God to bring us one that would not only teach our son how to be a better ball player but also how to be a better Christian. I thank God He answered our prayers with Coach Starns. My son goes to JC because it is an academic jugernaut, he plays ball because he loves the game and he has stayed on the team because he loves his school. So, I am very thankful to have Starns at the helm. So please, if you are an eagle ignore preachers comments on this site. My son is pushed very hard at home to excel in everything he puts his hand to. Go Eagles, Go Starns and Crew, and go #45.

Excellent post fan! and I wholeheartedly agree! GO TEAM!!!!:Cheerlead
I think hes done good...... he works the boys hard:coach:
"fanof#45" Wrote:I just wanted to post once more about Coach Starns. My family prayed a lot about the coach that would come to JC. We asked God to bring us one that would not only teach our son how to be a better ball player but also how to be a better Christian. I thank God He answered our prayers with Coach Starns. My son goes to JC because it is an academic jugernaut, he plays ball because he loves the game and he has stayed on the team because he loves his school. So, I am very thankful to have Starns at the helm. So please, if you are an eagle ignore preachers comments on this site. My son is pushed very hard at home to excel in everything he puts his hand to. Go Eagles, Go Starns and Crew, and go #45.
Great post!
That was a good post. He's just not as tall as I thought he'd be.
"Fuzzy5118" Wrote:That was a good post. He's just not as tall as I thought he'd be.

How tall did you expect him to be?
I don't know... he just isn't as tall as I thought he would be or maybe he's not as tall as all the talk lended him to being in my mind. I'm not trying to be a "smart aleck", I was being sincere.