Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudley Hilton: All-Time Wins Leader?
I was doing some research in the KHSAA record books and I noticed that Dudley Hilton had 332 wins through 2009. Right now Bell Co. is 13-0. So that puts his wins total at 345, tied for 1st all-time. Is this accurate? If so, I'm surprised that nobody has brought it up at this point.
They have. Look in all of the Bell County threads. Its been brought up on several occasions, just not been a thread on it yet.
The Bell fans are more worried about Boyle right now im sure so i figured there would have been one at the end of the season.
Pupaw Wrote:I was doing some research in the KHSAA record books and I noticed that Dudley Hilton had 332 wins through 2009. Right now Bell Co. is 13-0. So that puts his wins total at 345, tied for 1st all-time. Is this accurate? If so, I'm surprised that nobody has brought it up at this point.

yes he is tied with the old NCC coach, a win against Boyle puts him 1st, coach Haywood has 335 as of friday so he just behind..
We are more worried about beating Boyle Co right now..
Understandable. I'm not trying to create a distraction. I was just curious as to if the record would be his if they won this week. Best of luck to the Bobcats this week against Boyle Co.
Pupaw Wrote:Understandable. I'm not trying to create a distraction. I was just curious as to if the record would be his if they won this week. Best of luck to the Bobcats this week against Boyle Co.

:Thumbs:
yeah... you don't see a lot of threads about someone tying a record
hope to see 1 for breaking a record in about 70 hours, though.
I hope Dudley Hilton gets that record the 1st game of 2011.lol
Wow! This man is a phenomenal coach. What a record!

How long has he coached Bell County?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They have. Look in all of the Bell County threads. Its been brought up on several occasions, just not been a thread on it yet.
The Bell fans are more worried about Boyle right now im sure so i figured there would have been one at the end of the season.

:Thumbs:That is all that the team and coaches are worried about. After last Fridays game the only thing that they have talked about was beating the Rebels on Friday night.
Great accomplishment for the best HS FB Coach in the History of KY. To Coach Hilton's credit he has made a point over and over that it is not about him or any of the players but it is about all of THEM. US not I.

I am sure it would be very special to get the tie breaking win against Boyle with his son on the field as a senior and a chance to advance to his 4th state Championship game. I sure hope the young men focus in and play to the best of the their ability for themselves and for Coach Hilton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Great accomplishment for the best HS FB Coach in the History of KY. To Coach Hilton's credit he has made a point over and over that it is not about him or any of the players but it is about all of THEM. US not I.

I am sure it would be very special to get the tie breaking win against Boyle with his son on the field as a senior and a chance to advance to his 4th state Championship game. I sure hope the young men focus in and play to the best of the their ability for themselves and for Coach Hilton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Bobcat Dad I do agree stay the course. US not i.
If Belfry and Bell meet next year in the playoffs then it means the the two head coaches who will be #1 and #2 in all-time wins will be coaching against each other.

Congrats to Hilton!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If Belfry and Bell meet next year in the playoffs then it means the the two head coaches who will be #1 and #2 in all-time wins will be coaching against each other.

Congrats to Hilton!

yeah that will be in the state championship game.
He deserves it. He's a great coach, that's for sure.
Hilton is a great coach you don't get that many wins just by luck. I hope he does break the record. But with saying that if I get my way he will have to wait untill next year to do so. GO REBELS!!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote::Thumbs:

How much longer do you see Hilton staying at Bell Co. before retiring?
I'd say hes well into his 60's now isnt he?
Just guessing at this based on my impressions of the man and his apparent health, but I'll be surprised if he gets out of coaching before he hits win number 400.
he will take the record this week.
Congrats to Hilton!
SweetLemonade Wrote:he will take the record this week.

Lets play the Friday game first.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:How much longer do you see Hilton staying at Bell Co. before retiring?
I'd say hes well into his 60's now isnt he?

Dudley said he is in no way ready to retire no time soon... :biggrin:
First of all . I look for Bell to win by 14 or more. Also Dudley is a great coach, who has built a great foundation and the Great Wall of China around south east Kentucky not letting any talent escape. Great coach.
Dudley is one of the best coaches around. I think he could be successful at any school, in any state. He just knows how to get the job done.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Dudley said he is in no way ready to retire no time soon... :biggrin:

I dont doubt it a bit. seems like ive been hearing the name Dudley Hilton for a 100 years now.
I hope he Joe Paternos it and stays till hes 80. If thats the case he will have 700 wins lol.
Congrats Dudley
I gotta feeling that Coach Hilton is going to take over sole position of the top of the mountain in KY
Coach Hilton is a great coach, but I really hope he has to wait until 2011 for the record...