Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain Football Pride - To all Mt teams!
What about having Mt teams in all 1-5a classes.
And who says this Mt teams can't play with the rest of the state.
Lets all Mt teams cheer for each other.
Lets all have one big party for this week! what is your take.

[COLOR="Red"]Go Bobcats
Go Redhounds
Go Pirates
Go Bulldogs
and GO BEARS
[/COLOR]
Lets all get behide all Mt teams and support them!

you OP on this thanks, come on fans talk!!!!!!!!
HB0669 Wrote:What about having Mt teams in all 1-5a classes.

[COLOR="Red"]Go Bobcats
Go Redhounds
Go Pirates
Go Bulldogs
and GO BEARS
[/COLOR]

I know of no knowledgeable football fan that says the Mountain teams can't play with the rest of the state and I don't pay attention to what unknowledgeable football fans think or say.
charlie22 Wrote:I know of no knowledgeable football fan that says the Mountain teams can't play with the rest of the state and I don't pay attention to what unknowledgeable football fans think or say.

Good for you!

Lets keep this more of a pep rally page for all the Mt teams!!!!!

[Image: http://www.destination360.com/north-amer...ntains.jpg]
Let's Go Beechwood, Highlands, NewCath, Ryle
Lets go Mt teams take care of those [Image: http://madmimi.com/system/promotion_imag...header.gif]
HB0669 Wrote:Good for you!

Lets keep this more of a pep rally page for all the Mt teams!!!!!

[Image: http://www.destination360.com/north-amer...ntains.jpg]

I don't care if you want to have a pep rally for your mountain teams, but the childish "we don't get respect" stuff is pretty irritating and pretty old. That card is played more often on here than Al Sharpeton plays the race card. What in effect you are saying when you falsely play the no respect card is that you think your teams aren't good enough to win unless you can get the players all lathered up with the no respect silliness. Is that how you look at your teams? I don't.

Beautiful photo by the way.
HB0669,
You should have known where this would end up going before you started it lol
charlie22 Wrote:I don't care if you want to have a pep rally for your mountain teams, but the childish "we don't get respect" stuff is pretty irritating and pretty old. That card is played more often on here than Al Sharpeton plays the race card. What in effect you are saying when you falsely play the no respect card is that you think your teams aren't good enough to win unless you can get the players all lathered up with the no respect silliness. Is that how you look at your teams? I don't.

Beautiful photo by the way.

Can't say I disagree.

I am all for cheering on the schools in your region, but to say that the other schools "Don't respect you" is a slap in the face to programs like Bell County, Belfry, Breathitt, and so forth who have blazed a trail and enjoyed success on the statewide level. Ft. Thomas Highlands is probably the best team in the entire state, but I think they had a TON of respect for a JC team who had never beat them entering the game.

Now if you want to talk about the Media, that could be another story. But for the other teams, players, and coaches I think it is pretty evident that the respect card doesn't fly.
So i see 3 out of the 5 making it to state this year.
Hazard, Somerset, Bell Co.
The other two teams will have to have luck on there side to make it.

Hazard and LCA- The home team have won ever time.
Bell and Boyle- There isn't alot of teams go away from log mountain with the win.

[COLOR="Red"]Go Bobcats
Go Redhounds
Go Pirates
Go Bulldogs
and GO BEARS
[/COLOR]

I agree good luck to all of them.:Thumbs:
Mountain Football and Basketball both are looked down upon by you guys up north Wink
Football gets a little more respect than basketball does.
Hopefully basketball will get a little more after Valley's performance last year.
zaga_fan Wrote:Mountain Football and Basketball both are looked down upon by you guys up north Wink
Hopefully basketball will get a little more after Valley's performance last year.

It could. Football has always had some great programs.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Can't say I disagree.

I am all for cheering on the schools in your region, but to say that the other schools "Don't respect you" is a slap in the face to programs like Bell County, Belfry, Breathitt, and so forth who have blazed a trail and enjoyed success on the statewide level. Ft. Thomas Highlands is probably the best team in the entire state, but I think they had a TON of respect for a JC team who had never beat them entering the game.

Now if you want to talk about the Media, that could be another story. But for the other teams, players, and coaches I think it is pretty evident that the respect card doesn't fly.

Thank you.
Amped 88 Wrote:It could. Football has always had some great programs.

Agreed.
Bell and Breathitt have done a lot for the mountains over the years.
I see A LOT of talent in the mountains right now though.
Heck, I expect 3 titles to come from the mountains this year.
Maybe 4 :popcorn:
zaga_fan Wrote:Mountain Football and Basketball both are looked down upon by you guys up north Wink

If you mean looking from North to South, then logically you are right! But from a respect standpoint, this comment and this thread is pointless from "I don't get respect" standpoint. To give this thread any validation, then the folks in the Mountains must not have any respect for the NKY, CKY, WKY or any other KY for that fact. Be proud, but for goodness sake, don't expect everyone else to give you the love that you want. NKY knows no more abut the Mountains than they do about EKY, CKY, WKY. Guess What? CKY knows nothing about NKY, CKY, WKY, Mountains. If you need to build your own "we get no respect" for your own pep-rally, go for it. But is it legit because you don't get respect? No more than what any other area of the state feels!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Can't say I disagree.

Great post EKU! And since you are not from here anymore, you don't know anything about anybody:biggrin:
I think that Ft. Thomas Highlands sits atop the highest hill in Northern Kentucky. So does that make it a mountain team?
who are in the mountain coverage area and was ranked with the "mountain teams" this no respect crap is just that, everyone who lives in the mountains are not the "coal miner's child" any more, there is more money drifting around over there than in most western areas. by the way congrats on Harlan's new turf field they are getting most western schools don't have that
Stardust Wrote:If you mean looking from North to South, then logically you are right! But from a respect standpoint, this comment and this thread is pointless from "I don't get respect" standpoint. To give this thread any validation, then the folks in the Mountains must not have any respect for the NKY, CKY, WKY or any other KY for that fact. Be proud, but for goodness sake, don't expect everyone else to give you the love that you want. NKY knows no more abut the Mountains than they do about EKY, CKY, WKY. Guess What? CKY knows nothing about NKY, CKY, WKY, Mountains. If you need to build your own "we get no respect" for your own pep-rally, go for it. But is it legit because you don't get respect? No more than what any other area of the state feels!

Whether it's legit or not we're gonna have it Wink
Hope to see alot of other fans come to Log Mountain this Friday to help us cheer on the Bobcats!!! Welcome everybody to the "Hilton".....
kypecos Wrote:I think that Ft. Thomas Highlands sits atop the highest hill in Northern Kentucky. So does that make it a mountain team?

It's also east of I-75.:rockon: And we play SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL!!!:redboxer:
So, yeah. That makes this our pep rally, too.:devilflam
kypecos Wrote:I think that Ft. Thomas Highlands sits atop the highest hill in Northern Kentucky. So does that make it a mountain team?

Nope.
The bolded knocks you out of it.

[COLOR="Red"]Go Bobcats
Go Redhounds
Go Pirates
Go Bulldogs
and GO BEARS
[/COLOR]

:Thumbs:Good luck to all the Mountain teams!!:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
zaga_fan Wrote:Nope.
The bolded knocks you out of it.

What a coincidence. That's exactly what Highlands is going to do to HC on Friday.:flame:
Why are Highlands fans on here for?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Why are Highlands fans on here for?

Telling us they "respect" us.
However, all I see is disrespect.
They just keep saying we're wrong and they are right.
Then they say some stuff about "knocking Harlan out".
It's a joke.
It's a joke.
Like I said, we knew where this thread was going before it started.

Dudley won't play them, they have to play somewhere!:lmao:

Just giving you a hard time:Thumbs:
toolaidback Wrote:Dudley won't play them, they have to play somewhere!:lmao:

Just giving you a hard time:Thumbs:

I know.:biggrin: We Bell Co and Boyle Co fans understand each other.
zaga_fan Wrote:Telling us they "respect" us.
However, all I see is disrespect.
They just keep saying we're wrong and they are right.
Then they say some stuff about "knocking Harlan out".
It's a joke.
It's a joke.
Like I said, we knew where this thread was going before it started.

Not everybody around here in small towns can have a roster of 100+ to pick players from. Just saying.

Just getting peppy.TongueirateSho