Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota Vikings Fire Brad Childress
The Minnesota Vikings have relieved Brad Childress of his coaching duties and promoted defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier to interim coach for the rest of the season, the team said.

Frazier and Vikings owner Zygi Wilf are scheduled to hold a news conference at 4 p.m. ET at the team's facility.

The Vikings, tabbed as a preseason Super Bowl pick, struggled to a 3-7 record amid dysfunction. Wilf had said he would stick with Childress, but the last straw was apparently the team's humbling 31-3 loss to the archrival Green Bay Packers on Sunday.

The 31-3 loss was his most-lopsided home defeat in Childress' five years as Vikings coach, dropping his overall record to 40-37, including 1-2 in the playoffs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5838652
Its about time.
^No doubt.
i think its time for a change for My Houston Texans and The Bengals
Yeah.
He should have got the axe after he cut Randy Moss....
I think Randy could have done a lot of good for them until Sidney came back.
and I think with the two of them the offense would have been prolific
Your move Cincinnati. Fire Marvin and Bob Bratkowski. Then get rid of Carson afterwords.
I think everybody saw this coming.
After this ridiculous loss he deserves to be let go.
CandyKane Wrote:After this ridiculous loss he deserves to be let go.

Which one? No one could be shocked after this.
I wonder if the Bengals can get him
Stardust Wrote:I wonder if the Bengals can get him

with T.O and Ocho lol.
Yay!
MVP2 Wrote:Which one? No one could be shocked after this.

3 pts?!?!
You have Adrian Peterson, Bret Favre, Percy Harvin, and Sidney Rice and you can't get a TD.
They swept this same team last year
I definitely agree it's about time, long overdue. He should have been fired after the whole Moss debacle, and it just got worse from there. Good replacement in Leslie Frazier, has the respect of the whole locker room, something Childress lost completely.