Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pburgs Injured Players
What is it with all of pburgs players getting injured, they have Mcguire,Patton,Slone,And Mason out with injures, three of them with the same injuries. They r winning without them, How much better would they be with a uninjured team?
i know we sure wouldnt lose, one of our starters r out and the others got decent playing time so once every1 is healed then we will be back on top
Should be alot better, I only see Nick (I think thats his name) really making a difference
but whats bbetter, just one oof them better or all of them
One of them , Patton isnt much, he needs to get stronger, he made a showing in the game last night and he looked week
most players most look weak when trying to play with a broken hand.
Hey thats just my opinion of him....
From this time of year to the end of the season, every team will have injured players. It comes from playing competition and putting your body on the line for your team. P-burg is not the only team with injurys to worry about. Teams without injurys are teams that are not playing hard.
"JuSt_A_fAn" Wrote:One of them , Patton isnt much, he needs to get stronger, he made a showing in the game last night and he looked week

Let me give some interesting information. Patton found out the day before the game that his hand was in fact broken (auto accident) over a week ago. Can you imagine a kid that wants to play so bad that he would have the coach tape his broken hand up so he could play. At that time the coaching staff was not aware of the fracture. As far as being weak, did you see him two handed slamming in warm ups? Broken hand and all. He does need to put some weight on, this will come with maturity, he is just 16. As far as strenght, he is a brute, beleive it or not. Just as the his football buddys whom lift with him every day. As far as the SF game, he simply could not catch the ball due to the broken hand. Props to him for the heart of a champion. His dad told me he will attending camps this summer to develope his skills, I think he will be a load next year in the region. Oh yes, a solid 6'6" barefooted and still growing.
Well as of right now, thats my opinion of him, that could very well change after he attends those camps and stuff...Sorry my opinion is different than yours
"BeaverCreek Connection" Wrote:Let me give some interesting information. Patton found out the day before the game that his hand was in fact broken (auto accident) over a week ago. Can you imagine a kid that wants to play so bad that he would have the coach tape his broken hand up so he could play. At that time the coaching staff was not aware of the fracture. As far as being weak, did you see him two handed slamming in warm ups? Broken hand and all. He does need to put some weight on, this will come with maturity, he is just 16. As far as strenght, he is a brute, beleive it or not. Just as the his football buddys whom lift with him every day. As far as the SF game, he simply could not catch the ball due to the broken hand. Props to him for the heart of a champion. His dad told me he will attending camps this summer to develope his skills, I think he will be a load next year in the region. Oh yes, a solid 6'6" barefooted and still growing.
yes well said lol
What grade is Patton in this year?
And my opinion on this isnt just based one 1 game......
i hate to see anyone get injured hope every one comes out ok
He is a junior
"JuSt_A_fAn" Wrote:Well as of right now, thats my opinion of him, that could very well change after he attends those camps and stuff...Sorry my opinion is different than yours

You are certainly entitled to your opionion. He does need to continue working on his skills, but weak does not apply here. I just wanted you to know what I know about this kid. He is a late bloomer, he was the smallest kid on his 8th grade team. Kinda of funny, those teamates from grade school now look way up to him. Very "class" kid.
"BeaverCreek Connection" Wrote:Let me give some interesting information. Patton found out the day before the game that his hand was in fact broken (auto accident) over a week ago. Can you imagine a kid that wants to play so bad that he would have the coach tape his broken hand up so he could play. At that time the coaching staff was not aware of the fracture. As far as being weak, did you see him two handed slamming in warm ups? Broken hand and all. He does need to put some weight on, this will come with maturity, he is just 16. As far as strenght, he is a brute, beleive it or not. Just as the his football buddys whom lift with him every day. As far as the SF game, he simply could not catch the ball due to the broken hand. Props to him for the heart of a champion. His dad told me he will attending camps this summer to develope his skills, I think he will be a load next year in the region. Oh yes, a solid 6'6" barefooted and still growing.
Why use a broke hand for an excuse. If he knew his had was broken the day before the game, he shouldnt have been worried about the two handed dunks and should have been keeping his had away from that steel rim. To me, that doesnt show alot of smarts.... Why not protect your injuries instead of showboating for the crowd.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:Why use a broke hand for an excuse. If he knew his had was broken the day before the game, he shouldnt have been worried about the two handed dunks and should have been keeping his had away from that steel rim. To me, that doesnt show alot of smarts.... Why not protect your injuries instead of showboating for the crowd.

I so agree!!!! Smile
Well obviously we have some whimps on this forum. Shows to me that he has heart and determination. I played 3 games my sr year with a torn ACL and hurt it worse every game. Now I have to have a replacement knee when I'm 30. To some people it may sound like a lack of smarts, but to other people it's courage and passion.
I am not talking about him playing with a broke hand. I am just saying in his case, he didnt show any common sense to be dunking with a broke hand. That doesnt have anything to do with being a wimp or the bravest man on Earth. If he would have just played the game, I would not have said that. I have not said anything about McCarty playing on a broke foot at the beginnin of the year. But then again, he wasnt dunking two handed right before the game on his broke foot either.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:Why use a broke hand for an excuse. If he knew his had was broken the day before the game, he shouldnt have been worried about the two handed dunks and should have been keeping his had away from that steel rim. To me, that doesnt show alot of smarts.... Why not protect your injuries instead of showboating for the crowd.

Yea you're right, why use a broke hand as an excuse. What does that mean? Excuse for What? To my knowledge he made no excuses. When the coach called his number he bolted to the floor. He could not catch the ball. About the Pre-game dunking-so what. This just shows he can do something that 99% of the other kids cannot. He was able to dunk with very little if any contact with the rim, in other words throwing it down. The problem is the type of break he has would not allow him to catch a hard pass, his hand was taped very heavy. Before you judge this young man you should meet him and speak with him, you might just realize what a nice, INTELLIGENT young man he is!
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:I am not talking about him playing with a broke hand. I am just saying in his case, he didnt show any common sense to be dunking with a broke hand. That doesnt have anything to do with being a wimp or the bravest man on Earth. If he would have just played the game, I would not have said that. I have not said anything about McCarty playing on a broke foot at the beginnin of the year. But then again, he wasnt dunking two handed right before the game on his broke foot either.

Your comparison here does not hold water. I doubt either player could be dunking the ball with a broke foot because of the stress required to jump. Again, whether you agree or not it take a brave kid to tape his broken hand, practice all week in pain, go into a game situation in pain. If you cannot see that, then well I guess it does not matter!
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Well obviously we have some whimps on this forum. Shows to me that he has heart and determination. I played 3 games my sr year with a torn ACL and hurt it worse every game. Now I have to have a replacement knee when I'm 30. To some people it may sound like a lack of smarts, but to other people it's courage and passion.

I played plenty of games hurt, ankles taped, broken bones, but I wasnst show boating I played in a pain and took it....But him dunking the ball was just stupid, why not just lay it up there?
"JuSt_A_fAn" Wrote:I played plenty of games hurt, ankles taped, broken bones, but I wasnst show boating I played in a pain and took it....But him dunking the ball was just stupid, why not just lay it up there?

I guess you're just missing the point. When you played in pain with broken bones what part of the game you participated in was stupid. layups? contested rebound? making contact with another player? I commend you for playing with broken bones, you must be a tough guy. Some people would consider it stupid to play with broken bones for risk of making the injury worse. Very high risk decision on your part, much more high risk than dunking uncontested in a controlled situation in warm ups. Get the point?
The funny part is, I played high school and college ball. Yes, I could dunk very easily and did both in layups, and in games. I am not saying he did wrong by playing with a broke hand just the same as I didnt for playing with a broke foot. I have played with more injuries than I can mention on here. I just think if his had was broke and heavly taped, he should have had enough sense not to be putting a broke hand around the rim. Why take a chance when it isnt needed. Did those two handed dunks in layups before the clock starts help his team win in any way shape or form? Did they count on the scoreboard? Why take the chance on a bigger injury when it isnt needed. And yes, I do think he was brave for playing while having broke bones. I am just saying the dunking part wasnt a smart move IMO. I have seen players play with sprained ankles that could dunk anytime they want. In layups, they just shot layups to reduce the risk of hurting it worse or again. I am sure if they had the chance in the game then they would have. But why risk making something worse if it isnt really needed?