Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any chance Bell changes the game to Thanksgiving night?
That would make for a great atmosphere if the game was changed to Thanksgiving night. Of course, I think they did that one other time and we know how that worked out for them. So maybe not.
I wouldn't mind it , It would give me a chance to go watch the Harlan Co/Highlands game Friday night. Sucks that they can't work it out to where one of em plays on a different day (Sat would be fine also).

Go Bears , Go Cats and Hounds!!!!
That would be cool. Make a couple day road trip and watch h.s. games.
How about this Harlan County/Highlands Friday night (7:30) , Corbin/N.C.C Saturday day (12:30) and Bell County/Boyle Saturday night (8:00)?? That would be perfect.
I wish Bell got a change at the mighty Blue Birds. They were tough back when I played, but the tides have changed. I've watched them play as of late and they are not on the same level as this Bell team. Go Bears!
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:I wish Bell got a change at the mighty Blue Birds. They were tough back when I played, but the tides have changed. I've watched them play as of late and they are not on the same level as this Bell team. Go Bears!

when were you at bell?
I love all these teams that have a good year and think they are bunches better than Highlands , yet they wouldn't dare schedule them when the opportunity arises.
tradition Wrote:I love all these teams that have a good year and think they are bunches better than Highlands , yet they wouldn't dare schedule them when the opportunity arises.

One of these day's, Campbell County is going to win 12 games, and when they do, they are going to call the Birds out! :igiveup: Or not Sad
There is a KHSAA rule that prohibits a game played on this day of the year.............remember bell co played hhs a few yrs back on thanksgiving day. Our bell co are the reason for the rule
You guys are forgetting Hazard.. Another fine Mountain team headed for Bowling Green..
4ThePlayerz Wrote:There is a KHSAA rule that prohibits a game played on this day of the year.............remember bell co played hhs a few yrs back on thanksgiving day. Our bell co are the reason for the rule

I think that they can play on that day but both teams have to agree on it. I could be wrong though.
4ThePlayerz Wrote:There is a KHSAA rule that prohibits a game played on this day of the year.............remember bell co played hhs a few yrs back on thanksgiving day. Our bell co are the reason for the rule

I remember that, it was a classy move. who was their coach then, I can't recall.
sstack Wrote:I remember that, it was a classy move. who was their coach then, I can't recall.

Tom Duffy was Highlands coach.
I'm pretty sure that the rule change came about as a result of the "Turkey Bowl" in 1992. I remember it well. We beat Highlands everywhere except where it counted-the SCOREBOARD! I remember Corey Scarlato (sp?) intercepting the tight end hot and taking it 60+ yards for a score.
tradition Wrote:I love all these teams that have a good year and think they are bunches better than Highlands , yet they wouldn't dare schedule them when the opportunity arises.

I believe Boyle already has Highlands on their schedule for next year!!!:biggrin:
Amped 88 Wrote:Tom Duffy was Highlands coach.

Who was the other teams coach?
sstack Wrote:Who was the other teams coach?

Dudley Hilton
sstack Wrote:I remember that, it was a classy move. who was their coach then, I can't recall.

What exactly is your motivate here????
4ThePlayerz Wrote:What exactly is your motivate here????

I did not follow HHS real closs those years, but I do recall all the talk going thru Ft Thomas that week. The talk was that this coach was doing everything possible to make it difficult on Highlands and the players families and fans during the Holiday. He knew families have plans to gather together on Thanksgiving day and so he scheduled the game on Thursday night. It was said he did this to tick off HHS by disrupting family gatherings, and hope to limit the number of fans traveling to the game. From what I remember, the players used this as a incentive to play even harder. As far as fan turn out for that game, I have no idea. Some one who followed the team close those years might have more insight than me.
Highlands flat out whipped them. It wasn't a close game.
sstack Wrote:I did not follow HHS real closs those years, but I do recall all the talk going thru Ft Thomas that week. The talk was that this coach was doing everything possible to make it difficult on Highlands and the players families and fans during the Holiday. He knew families have plans to gather together on Thanksgiving day and so he scheduled the game on Thursday night. It was said he did this to tick off HHS by disrupting family gatherings, and hope to limit the number of fans traveling to the game. From what I remember, the players used this as a incentive to play even harder. As far as fan turn out for that game, I have no idea. Some one who followed the team close those years might have more insight than me.

It was the best Thanksgiving ever! Dudley completly underestimated Highlands fans. We'll travel whenever. And he really didn't take into account the Highlands moms that where more than happy to not have to cook Thanksgiving dinner but have it served to them at the Holiday in.:Thumbs:

Again my most memorable and best Thanksgiving ever.:biggrin:
sstack Wrote:I did not follow HHS real closs those years, but I do recall all the talk going thru Ft Thomas that week. The talk was that this coach was doing everything possible to make it difficult on Highlands and the players families and fans during the Holiday. He knew families have plans to gather together on Thanksgiving day and so he scheduled the game on Thursday night. It was said he did this to tick off HHS by disrupting family gatherings, and hope to limit the number of fans traveling to the game. From what I remember, the players used this as a incentive to play even harder. As far as fan turn out for that game, I have no idea. Some one who followed the team close those years might have more insight than me.

Maybe he did it so the hard working folks of bellco that did enjoy the day off could see their kid play a game for once...............sorry if u thought it was about you and yours
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Maybe he did it so the hard working folks of bellco that did enjoy the day off could see their kid play a game for once...............sorry if u thought it was about you and yours

So the hard working folks of Bell Co. work on Friday nights? If so then who are those people attending the games?

Are you saying they can't make the games on Friday night so they held the game on a Thursday. :please:
tradition Wrote:So the hard working folks of Bell Co. work on Friday nights? If so then who are those people attending the games?

Are you saying they can't make the games on Friday night so they held the game on a Thursday. :please:

Your right we held it on a thursday night for folks like you that dont work......:worthy:
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Your right we held it on a thursday night for folks like you that dont work......:worthy:

Weak. Thanks for playing though.
tradition Wrote:So the hard working folks of Bell Co. work on Friday nights? If so then who are those people attending the games?

May we as a county of bell dedicate this entire post in honor of you and yours.......from this day forward shall we as a county do so in rememberance of you..............yours truly BELL CO
tradition Wrote:Weak. Thanks for playing though.

Am I granted play time again?????
4ThePlayerz Wrote:May we as a county of bell dedicate this entire post in honor of you and yours.......from this day forward shall we as a county do so in rememberance of you..............yours truly BELL CO

So why did Bell change the game time? If the answer is so the fine folks of Bell Co. could make it to the game, not gonnna buy it. They made it to every other Friday night game. Heck, I loved the Thursday night game, but don't make it out that it was done to accommodate the fine folks of Bell Co. so they could attended a game. Why don't they have every home Thanksgiving playoff game on Thursday? Or is that only when they play Highlands in the playoffs on the weekend of Thanksgiving so that all the hard working folks of Bell Co. can make it to the game?:please:
tradition Wrote:So why did Bell change the game time? If the answer is so the fine folks of Bell Co. could make it to the game, not gonnna buy it. They made it to every other Friday night game. Heck, I loved the Thursday night game, but don't make it out that it was done to accommodate the fine folks of Bell Co. so they could attended a game. Why don't they have every home Thanksgiving playoff game on Thursday? Or is that only when they play Highlands in the playoffs on the weekend of Thanksgiving so that all the hard working folks of Bell Co. can make it to the game?:please:

Why repeat yourself in two consecutive sentences...............but granted we prolly would play this game on thanksgiving evening..............but obvisously you are still not following the high school game to closely now........maybe we should just let you research the kentucky high school football rule books for the answer to your question here.........fair play isnt it...............play hard or stay home
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Why repeat yourself in two consecutive sentences...............but granted we prolly would play this game on thanksgiving evening..............but obvisously you are still not following the high school game to closely now........maybe we should just let you research the kentucky high school football rule books for the answer to your question here.........fair play isnt it...............play hard or stay home

You going to answer the question or just play double talk? I know the rules.