Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 59 Louisvile Holy Cross 14
Mayfield is delayed 1 1/2 hours due to a 4 car wrecj involving a bus on the road Holy Cross is on thus delaying the game. Holy Cross comes out swinging and scores on long TD runs on their first 2 possessions then Mayfield calmly puts up 59 unanswered points and we have a running clock late in the 3rd quarter.

I have got to call out my buddy Stardust on this one who said in the earlier game thread last week

"I think HC pulls out the game in the last minutes to steal the victory"

You missed it, LHC had all their firworks in the first 3 minutes of the game
Wow, Mayfield had no problems at all with HC
well i guessed this game about right. props go out to lhc for shoving it down our throat in the first 5 min. us fans really thought that we had suffered from the trip. but indeed it was just that we had not faced the power I all year. after a quick score by lhc, a huge momentum ******* they stopped us in our tracks. #15 dropped a wide open pass over the top of his head that put us in fourth down. a kick to lhc then one play later off to the races #21 went for lhc. this was a oh to familiar site to cardinal fans. 14-0 with 7:35 in the first and what seemede to be a stought lhc team. But with just a couple of more trys and over coming some hardnose reffs we scored. With changing some defencive stances to accomadate the I we stuck them in their tracks the rest of the night. awsome win for mayfield very very impressive to be shut down in that kind of way and to come back with out hanging their shirts up to dry. they could have thrown in the towel and given up, but they impressingly stayed in the game fixed the problem and showed there rawl tallent. it was 59-14 going into the end of the 3rd qt. with a running clock.
Next week will be the test travling a mere 5+ hours to beechwood. mayfield leads the series 3-0 but beechwood is out for us after last years bad loss at mayfiels home field but now its our turn to make the first ever drive to beechwood. this game untill last year was played at state. congrats to lhc and come on cardinals we have a lot to prove.
Congrats Mayfield, a Mayfield vs Hazard final would be very exciting.
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats Mayfield, a Mayfield vs Hazard final would be very exciting.

1 at a time, 1 at a time
congrats mayfield