Poll: Winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands
58.82%
Harlan County
41.18%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Harlan County 11/26
sstack Wrote:Stardust, I am glad you have been listening to me and agree that passing is what is going to beat HHS.

We play smash mouth mountain football. We are head hunters and our FILTHY ANIMAL defense loves quartebacks. I respect your team and we all know your reputation but our boys work hard and they will be ready for you. Here's to a good game....

:rockon:
Hilbily Wrote:I say with conviction if the Bluebirds take the Blackbears as lightly as the fans posting in favor of the Bluebirds, it would be nothing short of disrespectful.

Do not know what posts you are talking about, because I see no HHS fan making outlandish posts. If you are talking about Stardust, you do not follow other threads much. He is very well known to be a Campbell Co High School fan and not Highlands.
very tired. I took it as you poking fun because Bell put up 35. Reread it. Apologies.
Forgot to mention...Having an awsome Cannon history...You guys will love our Cannon. :Clap:

It came from Cumberland High School (one of the consolidated schools) and it's history dates back to 1980. Hope we can sound it off for you early and often...lol TongueirateSho
Black Bear Mama Wrote:First of all sstack, let's get something straight. We are not HHS, we are Harlan County High School (HCHS) and we play smash mouth mountain football. We are head hunters and our FILTHY ANIMAL defense loves quartebacks. I respect your team and we all know your reputation but our boys work hard and they will be ready for you. Here's to a good game....

I know you are not HHS, Next week you will meet HHS (Highlands High School). I expect you to be ready for Highlands and vice versa. And the smash mouth talk will not intimidate HHS, infact didn't they just play one of the other MNT teams who pride themselves on Smash mouth football? HHS strength on D is stopping the run, so they appreciate it if you decide not to pass. As far as the head hunter remark , it makes it sound like you like to play dirty/agianst the rules, I hope that is not the case. Looking forward to a good game agianst a new opponent.
Bear_Paw Wrote:Forgot to mention...Having an awsome Cannon history...You guys will love our Cannon. :Clap:

It came from Cumberland High School (one of the consolidated schools) and it's history dates back to 1980. Hope we can sound it off for you early and often...lol TongueirateSho

As much as that would bring back great memories for HHS fans, I hope we do not hear it.
sstack Wrote:I know you are not HHS, Next week you will meet HHS (Highlands High School). I expect you to be ready for Highlands and vice versa. And the smash mouth talk will not intimidate HHS, infact didn't they just play one of the other MNT teams who pride themselves on Smash mouth football? HHS strength on D is stopping the run, so they appreciate it if you decide not to pass. As far as the head hunter remark , it makes it sound like you like to play dirty/agianst the rules, I hope that is not the case. Looking forward to a good game agianst a new opponent.

Realized my mistake and edited it but you must have got to it before I removed it, sorry for the misunderstanding. I was not saying that to intimidate anybody, you asked about our D and they like to pressure the quarterback all night. They don't play dirty/against the rules, they just play hard.
I just like reading the title of this thread. Holy Cow! Highlands @ Harlan County!!! One game away from the state championship!
Black Bear Mama Wrote:Realized my mistake and edited it but you must have got to it before I removed it, sorry for the misunderstanding. I was not saying that to intimidate anybody, you asked about our D and they like to pressure the quarterback all night. They don't play dirty/against the rules, they just play hard.

We love teams that play hard, just not dirty. It makes this game even more fun, being that the 2 teams have never played.
Great Season for HCC, but i think Highlands will blow them out.

HCC 14
Highland 43
HHS would love an opportunity to play Highlands!... Unfotunately they are not the ones who played and won regional!!

Also if HCC existed they would be turning flips right now as well!!

Highlands is comming to Harlan COUNTY to play HCHS!!!!!

That's HARLAN COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL!!!

Hate to be a " B" about it.. But we've earned the right to be called th right name for Petes sake!

This game is without a doubt the biggest to come to our mountains!!... Respect to Highlands and their team!

...but welcome to our House!... The matt is on the floor in front of the door , so show some respect and wipe your feet before you enter!
Black Bear Mama Wrote:We play smash mouth mountain football. We are head hunters and our FILTHY ANIMAL defense loves quartebacks. I respect your team and we all know your reputation but our boys work hard and they will be ready for you. Here's to a good game....

Good luck with that!

Go Birds...Beat Bears!
Boo Boo bear Wrote::

Heard this all year bring it on !!!!johnson central is maybe the forth or fifth place team in 5A.:thatsfunn:thatsfunn larkey knows highlands well he sent them packing 002 with a running clock !!!!!!!

Think Dale will remember that? Pretty sure he will. Looking forward to a good game.

Go Birds...Beat Bears!
Filthy Animal Wrote:HHS would love an opportunity to play Highlands!... Unfotunately they are not the ones who played and won regional!!

Also if HCC existed they would be turning flips right now as well!!

Highlands is comming to Harlan COUNTY to play HCHS!!!!!

That's HARLAN COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL!!!

Hate to be a " B" about it.. But we've earned the right to be called th right name for Petes sake!

This game is without a doubt the biggest to come to our mountains!!... Respect to Highlands and their team!

...but welcome to our House!... The matt is on the floor in front of the door , so show some respect and wipe your feet before you enter!

Let me clear it up agian, Highlands goes by HHS. No disrespect to your team! HHS is coming to play HCHS. In NKY it is well known who you are talking about if you say HHS. I guess the rest of the state knows us only as Highlands.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Their nasty against the run. I'm not a HC fan btw, just a fan of one of their opponents and seen them play a few other times. Bell scored 35 because they are Bell, that's the only explanation I have. If someone wanted to score on Harlan County I would definitely go to the air, even though that did not work out too well for Pulaski tonight.

Get ready for an aerial assault unlike you've seen since the Tim Couch era. Patrick Towles is the real deal and his receivers are making plays. Should be a fun trip.

BTW - how far from Corbin??
Hilbily Wrote:I say with conviction if the Bluebirds take the Blackbears as lightly as the fans posting in favor of the Bluebirds, it would be nothing short of disrespectful.

This is the state semi-finals... no one will take HC lightly. Coach Mueller will have the Birds ready.
[quote=horst muhlmann]Get ready for an aerial assault unlike you've seen since the Tim Couch era. Patrick Towles is the real deal and his receivers are making plays. Should be a fun trip.

BTW - how far from Corbin??[/QUOTE]

Approx 75 minutes
horst muhlmann Wrote:This is the state semi-finals... no one will take HC lightly. Coach Mueller will have the Birds ready.

That much is certian...
horst muhlmann Wrote:Get ready for an aerial assault unlike you've seen since the Tim Couch era. Patrick Towles is the real deal and his receivers are making plays. Should be a fun trip.

BTW - how far from Corbin??

1 hour 20 minutes on a bus. Little less in car. The one road will be packed with a lot of semi games on it next week and big games as well.
It's just hit me. :biggrin:

My all time favorite football player (and every other KY guy over 300 lbs) Jared Lorenzen is comming to Harlan! DUDE could a brother get a ball or a beer mug or something autographed...lol.

:beer: :football:
harlan has a up hill climb, Highlands by 21, but rooting for harlan
3wishes Wrote:1 hour 20 minutes on a bus. Little less in car. The one road will be packed with a lot of semi games on it next week and big games as well.

You are right. Boyle Co is traveling to Pineville and Highlands is traveling to Harlan. :1:
Harlan by 3
Bear_Paw Wrote:[quote=horst muhlmann]Get ready for an aerial assault unlike you've seen since the Tim Couch era. Patrick Towles is the real deal and his receivers are making plays. Should be a fun trip.

BTW - how far from Corbin??[/QUOTE]

Approx 75 minutes

Thanks! See you there.
Highland Wins Again!
All Highlands has to do is score. The defense will shut down HC just like Bell. No brainer here. Highlands wins 21-0
I'm taking Harlan County in this one.
Bear_Paw Wrote:It's just hit me. :biggrin:

My all time favorite football player (and every other KY guy over 300 lbs) Jared Lorenzen is comming to Harlan! DUDE could a brother get a ball or a beer mug or something autographed...lol.

:beer: :football:
Don't think the Pillsbury throw boy is coaching on the team anymore. He went on to other opportunities.:Hungry:
Are there any campgrounds near Harlan Co. stadium?
nky Wrote:Don't think the Pillsbury throw boy is coaching on the team anymore. He went on to other opportunities.:Hungry:

?????????????

Jared was coaching the game last night. Pretty sure he will be on the sideline in Harlan also.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next