Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co 45 Lex Cath 35
Congrats Rebels on a hard fought win!!
Congrats Rebels, Dawson is making his case for Mr Football tough to deny
Congrats Boyle Co.
Congrats Bolye. Nice win
Congrats Lexington Catholic you played a great game.
Wow i have to say i am very surprised by this score.:biggrin:
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:Wow i have to say i am very surprised by this score.:biggrin:

yea me to!!! Hum ??:Thumbs:
BobCatFan29 Wrote:yea me to!!! Hum ??:Thumbs:

me 3,lol, congrats to Boyle
We all are surprised by the score. LexCath is going to be very tough for the next 2 years. Very tough. Their qb is the real deal and should only get better. He will win Mr. Football in 2 years, barring injury, write it in ink. I was very impressed with the fact that Lexcath dug in and seized the momentum after an interception and gave us all we wanted from halfway through the second quarter on. Unfortunately for them they could not stop our rushing attack whatsoever. It was kind of like watching the Lone Oak game again except we had the lead and didn't have to come from behind. But, oh well, we won, it's over and done and now on to Log Mountain.
Officiating was dreadful in this one, but Boyle overcame it. Wouldn't it make sense to have a KHSAA rep at every playoff game to keep an eye on these officials? That way they would be much less likely to be so one-sided.
Great game played by both teams,and now I have only one thing to say:Bell Co. Here We Come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Cheerlead
Rocky Top Wrote:Great game played by both teams,and now I have only one thing to say:Bell Co. Here We Come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Cheerlead

Yep!! and we are waiting. The boys have been looking for this all year.
Despite the outrageous offensive numbers by Boyle (530 yards rushing for one), their offense really looked out of sync, especially in the first half.

It didn't seem like the Lexington Catholic quarterback missed a throw all night.

By the way, who were the jokers who set up speakers in the corner and played music after every play? I hadn't seen that before, and I hope I don't see it again.
This one was a little closer than I thought it would be. Congrats Boyle Co.
I'll give Catholic credit. They played a great game - I'm sure their best game of the year. But I do have to say that the officating was absolutely terrible all game. The refs allowed Catholic to hold constantly and I saw at least 2 block in the backs that were not called. I sure hope the officating is better next week. Again congradulations Catholic.
Good Win for Boyle..Congrats to Cath for playing their A game...Bell and Boyle ( can you say excited)!
Congratulations to Boyle County. They have a great team this year. They had to face 3 different 'gut checks' in the 2nd half when it got to within 3 points each time. But they answered the bell and put up a TD each time to blunt the momentum. When the going got tough though you knew the #5 number was going to get called, especially in the red zone. It did and like most games, French and Boyle County played and executed a very good offensive scheme. Congratulations to Boyle and to Lamar Dawson. I believe he is Kentucky's only representative at the US Army All-American Bowl. So, he not only carries Boyle County with him to that game but all of Kentucky. Best of luck to the Rebels and to Mr. Dawson in San Antonio.

This was the best and most consistent performance by the Knights this year. Kyle Bolin showed why he was an FBU Middle School All American. Kyle Bush had a super night. Both these young men will be back next year. Senior Will Whitman played a typical strong game at line. Will has offers from some of the Ivy league schools already. Senior Nate Letton had his best offensive game at TE and wanted badley to give his dad another win. Senior Chris Barkley made the interception that turned the momentum of the game when it could have gotten away from LexCath.

With only 8 seniors this year it was an inconsistent season but it ended with a team leaving nothing on the field in what has to be one the best rivalries in Kentucky football.

The Boyle County fans and staff were all great hosts last night. It was great atmosphere to watch HS football. We had various complements to parents and players while leaving - much appreciated.

Again, congratulations to the Rebels. Good luck next week. And - see you next year!
Congrats Boyle County
Bluegrasscard Wrote:Congratulations to Boyle County. They have a great team this year. They had to face 3 different 'gut checks' in the 2nd half when it got to within 3 points each time. But they answered the bell and put up a TD each time to blunt the momentum. When the going got tough though you knew the #5 number was going to get called, especially in the red zone. It did and like most games, French and Boyle County played and executed a very good offensive scheme. Congratulations to Boyle and to Lamar Dawson. I believe he is Kentucky's only representative at the US Army All-American Bowl. So, he not only carries Boyle County with him to that game but all of Kentucky. Best of luck to the Rebels and to Mr. Dawson in San Antonio.

This was the best and most consistent performance by the Knights this year. Kyle Bolin showed why he was an FBU Middle School All American. Kyle Bush had a super night. Both these young men will be back next year. Senior Will Whitman played a typical strong game at line. Will has offers from some of the Ivy league schools already. Senior Nate Letton had his best offensive game at TE and wanted badley to give his dad another win. Senior Chris Barkley made the interception that turned the momentum of the game when it could have gotten away from LexCath.

With only 8 seniors this year it was an inconsistent season but it ended with a team leaving nothing on the field in what has to be one the best rivalries in Kentucky football.

The Boyle County fans and staff were all great hosts last night. It was great atmosphere to watch HS football. We had various complements to parents and players while leaving - much appreciated.

Again, congratulations to the Rebels. Good luck next week. And - see you next year!

Bolin played a great game and has improved as the season has gone along. LexCath played tough and fought hard all night. Congrats on your season.
DANVILLE — Defending Class 4A football champion Boyle County ran its state-best winning streak to 28 in a row, but the Rebels were pretty much out of breath when they reached the finish line of a 45-35 victory over Lexington Catholic Friday night.
"That was a little of an offensive shoot—out — their passing game against our rushing game," Boyle County Coach Larry French said.
"We're fortunate to move on."

This was the third consecutive year the Rebels eliminated Lexington Catholic in a close region final.
Knights Coach Bill Letton called it "another classic" between the archrivals.
"It's a shame either team had to lose," he said. "They made a few more plays in their ground game than we did in our passing game."
Boyle County (13-0) will visit Bell County (13-0) next week in the state semifinals for the third year in a row.
"This is what we work for every year," said Rebels junior running back Devon Cox. "It's a tradition now. It's the biggest game there is, even bigger than the state."
Two years ago Bell County beat the Rebels on its way to an undefeated state title. Last year Boyle County edged the Bobcats on a last-second field goal on its way to a perfect championship season.
If the Rebels hope to beat Bell County again, French said they must play better defense than they did against Lexington Catholic.
The Knights' passing attack sliced up Boyle County, especially in the second half.
Sophomore quarterback Kyle Bolin completed 28 of 43 passes for 349 yards and two touchdowns, and no picks. Adam Bush had a huge night — 11 receptions for 192 yards and two TDs.
"I was a little disappointed in our defense," French said. "We gave up way too many points."
But Lexington Catholic couldn't stop Boyle County's relentless ground game.
Cox did the most damage. He carried 14 times for 245 yards, including TD runs of 61 and 57 yards.
"I had a lot of running room out there," Cox said. "I just kept running as hard as I could."
Chris Cook ran 13 times for 99 yards. Lamar Dawson got the call late in the game and rushed eight times for 88 yards and two clinching TDs in the closing minutes.
The Rebels finished with 483 yards rushing and 603 total yards.
Boyle County led 17-7 at halftime, and Lexington Catholic had only 85 total yards.
But the Knights cranked it up in the second half, piling up 342 yards, mostly through the air. Besides Bush, Luke Fish and Nate Letton were prime targets, combining for 13 catches and 126 yards.
Lexington Catholic closed the gap to three points several times — at 17-14, 24-21, 31-28 and 38-35 — but each time Boyle County answered with another TD. Cox said he wasn't surprised by the Knights' resiliency.
"They said straight up in the paper that they were going to keep coming at us and keep playing," Cox said. "They did. They played a great game."
Rebels' kicker Will Harris took advantage of his extra-point opportunities to set a state record. He was a perfect 7-for-7 on PATs, extending his consecutive streak to 81. That broke the record of 76 set by Max Oldham of Bowling Green two years ago.
Lexington Catholic 0 7 14 14—35
Boyle County 14 3 7 21—45
BC—Blake Mason 72 pass from Devon Hale. (Will Harris kick). BC—Chris Cook 20 pass from Hale (Harris kick). LC—Adam Bush 20 passs from Kyle Bolin (Jake Pumphrey kick). BC—Harris 19 field goal. LC—Bolin 4 run (Pumphrey kick). BC—Devon Cox 57 run (Harris kick). LC—Bush 32 pass from Bolin (Pumphrey kick). BC—Cox 61 run (Harris kick). BC—Lamar Dawson 3 run (Harris kick). LC—Bolin 2 run (Pumphrey kick). BC—Dawson 21 run (Harris kick).
Records—Lexington Catholic 7-6; Boyle County 13-0

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/20/15329...z15sMeLEHH
Congrats boyle defense will have to play a lot better next week.
^Yes! ALOT!
congrats boyle