Poll: Who wins this 3A Semi Final Game ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
62.64%
Somerset
37.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Belfry 11/26
Jumpers better play than what they did against breathitt, the CAM will be poppin!
I'll take the Pirates.

Belfry-28
Jumpers-17
Guess I'm a fan now.
Somerset-35
Belfry-18.

Should be an exciting game. Which I see the last two tds coming late from Belfry mistakes.
Norm Peterson Wrote:You do know Elmer Fudd never caught that rabbit, right? :biggrin:

Haha!
A_Ray #5 :];1099823 Wrote:Guess I'm a fan now.
Somerset-35
Belfry-18.

Should be an exciting game. Which I see the last two tds coming late from Belfry mistakes.
...Wishful thinking? You must have left some logic in DC! How are ya ever gonna get into politics when you aren't nice to your neighbors!..lol:popcorn:
somerset..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
blazin_ky Wrote:...Wishful thinking? You must have left some logic in DC! How are ya ever gonna get into politics when you aren't nice to your neighbors!..lol:popcorn:

Haha! Maybe Belfry is Cuba.. They do have the qualifications to be somewhat tyranny.. But I wish Pond Creek the best of luck. They will have my support.

If Belfry lets Storm Wilson get into open space all night.. Watch out, no one on Belfry's team has the speed for this kid.

I hope Somerset decides to make the trip Friday.. This will be a HUGE key if Belfry wants to come away with a W.. Trust me. That trip SUCKS!

Good luck Cameron Tackett!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Not sure I would put much stock into that.....much like this year, Belfry and SC are two different animals.

Lets apply this logic to matchups this season. SC beat Belfry in the regular season, yet could not stop Russell. By your logic Russell should have defeated Belfry, instead Belfry dominated the Devils.

As I said, Somerset most certainly should be the favorite based on their body of work this season and the fact they are the reigning Semi-State Champion. But I feel very safe saying that the Belfry vs. Somerset matchup from 3 years ago, or the SC vs. Somerset matchup from last year will play no role in the outcome of this game.

So true! Each game stands on its own. Moreover, what has happened against like opponents just does not matter. Excellent example, Sheldon Clark beating Belfry in regular season play, and then what happened with Russell.

Further, these "technical wins" maybe something to discuss over coffee, but they are absolutely and unequivocally meaningless. The game Friday night is between Somerset, November 26 team and Belfry November 26 team, nothing more, nothing less.
Its gonna be cold in the mountains on friday night and the Jumpers will not be able to throw and catch as well as they are used to. Belfry by 3 scores.
dixon is a jr not a sr. look for #10 and #11 to have big nights. go pirates
Phillip will pull off another big win. Run, Run and more run and will eat up the clock. Should be a great game.

Belfry 28
Somerset 21
This cardinal fan hopes that Belfry pulls off the win.
let go Belfry...they should have be able to take this overrated team
if belfry can continue to have success controlling time of possession and not turning the ball over, i can see belfry knocking off somerset, but by no more than a TD..gonna be a close one
Againstme! Wrote:let go Belfry...they should have be able to take this overrated team

Overrated? Interesting, I'm not even going to ask why you think that they are overrated because it is obviously just your opinion and I respect that, but this team has absolutely done everything to deserve their ranking. Belfry has a great chance to win this game especially at the CAM, but to say Somerset is overrated is doing Breathitt Co. and even Belfry for that matter an injustice. Breathitt just had a good gameplan and executed where Somerset did not. Somerset is very, very good and Breathitt proved they are better than people thought by playing them as tough as they did. I'm sure Danville would not agree with Somerset being overrated.
Most of us down here in Martin Co. aren't ready for football to be over. With that being said, I throw my support to Belfry. Whats up with supporting our biggest rival? I have seen lots of SC support on here. Go Pirates!!
Should be a shootout.

I'm not sold on Belfry's ability to defend the pass. I thik it will be around 35-28 either way. I'm leaning toward the bunnies.
If the Jumpers have a good fan following and can overcome the fans from Belfry they will win this game. This Somerset team seems to let very little shake them with that said

Somerset 21
Belfry 14
A_Ray #5 :];1099896 Wrote:Haha! Maybe Belfry is Cuba.. They do have the qualifications to be somewhat tyranny.. But I wish Pond Creek the best of luck. They will have my support.

If Belfry lets Storm Wilson get into open space all night.. Watch out, no one on Belfry's team has the speed for this kid.

I hope Somerset decides to make the trip Friday.. This will be a HUGE key if Belfry wants to come away with a W.. Trust me. That trip SUCKS!

Good luck Cameron Tackett!

We didn't have anyone w/ the speed for John Cole either, thank God we pulled that one off!
Belfry0304 Wrote:We didn't have anyone w/ the speed for John Cole either, thank God we pulled that one off!

John Cole was all we had that year though, and he didn't exactly have a modest night there was just no one else to help him. Somerset has a stable of athletes this year, and a much more stout defense than in 2007. Don't expect us to chuck it up to Storm every play.
nogimpinourwalk Wrote:If the Jumpers have a good fan following and can overcome the fans from Belfry they will win this game. This Somerset team seems to let very little shake them with that said

Somerset 21
Belfry 14

Bahahahahahhahaha:lmao:

ahem...That, sir or madam, was hilarious.
We won't overwhelm the home folks but we did take up around a third of Breathitts bleachers last week with a very loud and enthusiastic crowd!!!!
RoShamBo Wrote:John Cole was all we had that year though, and he didn't exactly have a modest night there was just no one else to help him. Somerset has a stable of athletes this year, and a much more stout defense than in 2007. Don't expect us to chuck it up to Storm every play.

You guys also had Kenny Hughes (I believe that was his name). Big ole back who had a pretty good season. He actually ran for over 100+ yards that game.
I have never seen the fans of any team win or lose a game.
I actually drove down and watched that SHS-Belfry playoff game at Somerset in '07. Somerset had a nice offensive team, but their defense was pretty suspect. They couldn't handle the Pirates ground game (very few could that year), so they simply didn't get enough offensive snaps to pull the upset.

If Somerset has any prayer of winning at Belfry, they'll need to get some stops on defense. Otherwise, the Pirates will keep the ball, run the clock and punch their ticket to Bowling Green.
FBALL Wrote:I have never seen the fans of any team win or lose a game.

Thanks, I was thinking the exact same thing.
Gummie Bear Wrote:Its gonna be cold in the mountains on friday night and the Jumpers will not be able to throw and catch as well as they are used to. Belfry by 3 scores.

i am one of the biggest Pirates fans there is,the only way they win by 3 scores, is if everything just falls apart for the Jumpers, i see it going down to the wire, and Belfry winning by 7 or less,because they are at home...
RoShamBo Wrote:Overrated? Interesting, I'm not even going to ask why you think that they are overrated because it is obviously just your opinion and I respect that, but this team has absolutely done everything to deserve their ranking. Belfry has a great chance to win this game especially at the CAM, but to say Somerset is overrated is doing Breathitt Co. and even Belfry for that matter an injustice. Breathitt just had a good gameplan and executed where Somerset did not. Somerset is very, very good and Breathitt proved they are better than people thought by playing them as tough as they did. I'm sure Danville would not agree with Somerset being overrated.

I can promise that any knowledgeable fan of Belfry will not agree that Somerset is overrated in the least. Somerset has earned every accolade that has been bestowed upon them. On a neutral field with both teams playing their A game Im afraid to say that Somerset is more than likely 10-14 points better than the Pirates. The home field might give the Pirates a 3-7 point swing but IMO Belfry will have to play their best game to date. No turnovers, no costly penalties and no special teams miscues is the focus this Friday for the young Pirates. Im not worried about the offense being able to move the ball but the before mentioned aspects are what will decide the game for Belfry, a complete game is in order for this upset to happen. As for the experience factor, Im not a believer in age and experience determining outcomes of games. Either you're talented enough to win and you do or you dont play up to the expectations set forth by yourself and your coaches and you lose. Im seen and been apart of teams that had zero experience in big games/situations, up against older and vastly more experienced teams, yet the team that has the most talent and executes most always gets the win. I guess you could say that younger kids that are new to the intense situation of a state semi final dont fully grasp the magnitude of what lies ahead while the older more experienced kids seem to feel that it might be their last chance. I would call it a push on the experience side of the argument with Somerset getting a considerable advantage on sheer athleticism.

My early prediction is
Somerset 33
Belfry 21

Hoping Im wrong and Belfry plays the perfect game then....
Belfry 34
Somerset 28
This game has me torn in shreads, I like Somerset but Belfry is playing excellent football and they are playing at home and its hard to pick against them. So i dont know which direction to go.
Jumper Dad Wrote:We won't overwhelm the home folks but we did take up around a third of Breathitts bleachers last week with a very loud and enthusiastic crowd!!!!

when you guys get to the cam...you'll get to see the POND CREEK NATION in full force...get ready cause were loud and PROUD of our PIRATES!!!TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Belfry has already won. These boys have already proven themselves. A win Friday night will just be a good bonus for the players. We are proud of every player who has walked on the field. Good Luck Pirates and play safe.TongueirateShoTongueirateSho