Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 42 Russell 14
Buc-a-roo Wrote:FBALL makes a valid point, our OL and DL were the difference, and a big part of that is they were quicker and much more effective than their counterparts from Russell. There were some big holes opened up out there, some of them I think even an old fat guy like me could run through.

Thank you. I try to make valid points.
FBALL Wrote:Thank you. I try to make valid points.
You do and it doesn't go unnoticed. You hit the nail on the head in post 43, Belfry was quicker on the line of scrimmage and that allowed them to control it. Big difference there in the outcome of the game.
cuppett777 Wrote:who is numb 71?

71 is Barnes...... a Freshman.... Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
PaytoPlay Wrote:I don't care one bit about BOE or whatever! Why are we even talking about that crap when there was a ballgame to talk about?

Sorry, I just don't get it.

FBall,

Belfry started the following underclassmen:

3 OL (Jr's)
Soph. TE/DE (#23)
Jr. QB/FS (#4)
Jr. FB's (#3)
So. TB (#40)

Jr. DE (#5)
So. LB's (#44, #17)
Jr. SS (#10)
Fr. CB (#6)

Basically every skill guy who played for Belfry returns except #2. Just saying.

Skill guy?..Without #50, #61, and #16...Do you think those holes would have been open big enough for a semi to get through? What about #11,#56, and #65 on defense...I am sure that there are more that I have missed...but as a parent, I have heard all year that this team is not your typical BELFRY team...at times I have heard that they didnt have the talent of the teams in the past ...Well, I have taught many of them and my son is a member of that explosive O-Line...ask Ivan MacGlone...He made a point in walking up to him and telling him what a great job that he did! These seniors are the biggest-hearted most hard working young men! They were freshman when we went to state and lost to Louisville Central...Nothing has been handed to them...They have made the difference in this team because they have stepped up to lead! When you mention those killed players...Yes, no doubt they do have talent and ability...But let's be honest...would they be able to make those plays without protection and then to say that the ONLY skilled senior is Jeffree? Even Jeffree gives credit where it is due...Ask him..Sorry if I have offended anyone but I do take offense when I know these boys personally, feed them weekly, communicate with them daily, and watch them day in and day out give everything that they have at practice...Ask Nathan Carroll..number #20...a very skilled senior!!! "Nuff ranting..lol"
blazin_ky Wrote:Skill guy?..Without #50, #61, and #16...Do you think those holes would have been open big enough for a semi to get through? What about #11,#56, and #65 on defense...I am sure that there are more that I have missed...but as a parent, I have heard all year that this team is not your typical BELFRY team...at times I have heard that they didnt have the talent of the teams in the past ...Well, I have taught many of them and my son is a member of that explosive O-Line...ask Ivan MacGlone...He made a point in walking up to him and telling him what a great job that he did! These seniors are the biggest-hearted most hard working young men! They were freshman when we went to state and lost to Louisville Central...Nothing has been handed to them...They have made the difference in this team because they have stepped up to lead! When you mention those killed players...Yes, no doubt they do have talent and ability...But let's be honest...would they be able to make those plays without protection and then to say that the ONLY skilled senior is Jeffree? Even Jeffree gives credit where it is due...Ask him..Sorry if I have offended anyone but I do take offense when I know these boys personally, feed them weekly, communicate with them daily, and watch them day in and day out give everything that they have at practice...Ask Nathan Carroll..number #20...a very skilled senior!!! "Nuff ranting..lol"
..Oops *skilled players..lol
Sheww. I think the O-line has been very good all season. Sure wasn't trying to slight the big boys. They are always critically important.
We were discussing returning players for next year. We have already given credit to the guys on the line of scrimmage. They were the difference in the game. Nobody left them out. By the way # 16 probably should have gotten a player of the game award for his blocking on the edge.

It's not your typical Belfry team. It's built more on speed and quickness than in the past. They are not overpowering. That's not a slight on them or being disrespectful. That's the truth. They are a very good team. Just a different style from recent Belfry teams.

Now I know I'm going to take grief for this one but this thread is a prime example of why you should never talk about sports with a mother.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Sheww. I think the O-line has been very good all season. Sure wasn't trying to slight the big boys. They are always critically important.

Bet you never expected this did you. Lol
blazin_ky Wrote:Skill guy?..Without #50, #61, and #16...Do you think those holes would have been open big enough for a semi to get through? What about #11,#56, and #65 on defense...I am sure that there are more that I have missed...but as a parent, I have heard all year that this team is not your typical BELFRY team...at times I have heard that they didnt have the talent of the teams in the past ...Well, I have taught many of them and my son is a member of that explosive O-Line...ask Ivan MacGlone...He made a point in walking up to him and telling him what a great job that he did! These seniors are the biggest-hearted most hard working young men! They were freshman when we went to state and lost to Louisville Central...Nothing has been handed to them...They have made the difference in this team because they have stepped up to lead! When you mention those killed players...Yes, no doubt they do have talent and ability...But let's be honest...would they be able to make those plays without protection and then to say that the ONLY skilled senior is Jeffree? Even Jeffree gives credit where it is due...Ask him..Sorry if I have offended anyone but I do take offense when I know these boys personally, feed them weekly, communicate with them daily, and watch them day in and day out give everything that they have at practice...Ask Nathan Carroll..number #20...a very skilled senior!!! "Nuff ranting..lol"

i've watched alot of belfry football over the past 25yrs and that's one of the better OL units we have had(in a long line of great ol's) they are the strength of this offense. after the p-burg game someone ask me "what in the world did i see on that field that would make me think they would win more than 2 games". my answer was simple ol and fb looked very capable. that's all Coach Haywood needs on the offensive side. hats off to the OL we'll only go as far as they lead us.
common sense Wrote:i've watched alot of belfry football over the past 25yrs and that's one of the better OL units we have had(in a long line of great ol's) they are the strength of this offense. after the p-burg game someone ask me "what in the world did i see on that field that would make me think they would win more than 2 games". my answer was simple ol and fb looked very capable. that's all Coach Haywood needs on the offensive side. hats off to the OL we'll only go as far as they lead us.
I totally agree!
FBALL Wrote:We were discussing returning players for next year. We have already given credit to the guys on the line of scrimmage. They were the difference in the game. Nobody left them out. By the way # 16 probably should have gotten a player of the game award for his blocking on the edge.

It's not your typical Belfry team. It's built more on speed and quickness than in the past. They are not overpowering. That's not a slight on them or being disrespectful. That's the truth. They are a very good team. Just a different style from recent Belfry teams.

Now I know I'm going to take grief for this one but this thread is a prime example of why you should never talk about sports with a mother.

Teehee...... I could name a few "daddy's" that shouldn't be talked to about it either! hahahaha....

phs1986 Wrote:Teehee...... I could name a few "daddy's" that shouldn't be talked to about it either! hahahaha....

That's true too. I have nothing against mothers. I love em. I had one and I'm married to one (I can't really talk to her rationally about sports either). But they for the most part tend to get a little more emotionally unobjective when it comes to their kids playing sports than the fathers. Some of the fathers are just plain stupid.
FBALL Wrote:That's true too. I have nothing against mothers. I love em. I had one and I'm married to one (I can't really talk to her rationally about sports either). But they for the most part tend to get a little more emotionally unobjective when it comes to their kids playing sports than the fathers. Some of the fathers are just plain stupid.

You have no clue as to how many times I have proven "daddy" wrong about sports! LOL... Baseball, constantly.... football.... saw something Friday night he didn't and he thought I was crazy until my youngin verified I was tellin the truth!!! Teehee..... Kinda gotta go with the flow.........

FBALL Wrote:That's true too. I have nothing against mothers. I love em. I had one and I'm married to one (I can't really talk to her rationally about sports either). But they for the most part tend to get a little more emotionally unobjective when it comes to their kids playing sports than the fathers. Some of the fathers are just plain stupid.

Whew, I'm glad you said that instead of me.

When I say something like that I usually get :ChairHit:

:igiveup:
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Whew, I'm glad you said that instead of me.

When I say something like that I usually get :ChairHit:

:igiveup:

I say lots of things that usually get me into trouble. I've just gotten numb to it.
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:i said at the first of the season and i will say it now belfry has got the talent to go all the way. i knew they were the best team in the district and region.good win pirates. somerset better bring A game or it will be a long night FOR THEM.and the scary part is belfry will be better the next 3 years then they are now.they are truly the kings of pike county.:1:

This is true. The talent Belfry has coming up from BMS is amazing. In 3 years Belfry will be a force...
FBALL Wrote:We were discussing returning players for next year. We have already given credit to the guys on the line of scrimmage. They were the difference in the game. Nobody left them out. By the way # 16 probably should have gotten a player of the game award for his blocking on the edge.

Oh you are brave, LOL. Some of us mothers may get a lil emotional but thats what mommies do, that is our babies out there and you never mess with a womans babies. But we we are not completely clueless. I have been following Belfry religiously for the last 10 years and my baby is only at BMS.
But it's ok, we woun't hold a grudge, LOL

..LOL..Get Over It...I did mention Morgan Bentley...Didn't I? Unlike the post that I quoted earlier and in the prior quote Jeffree was mentioned as the ONLY skilled player and anyone that knows this mother;including my son, will tell you that I am more critical of his perfermance than any player on that team! (Guess I shouldn't mentioned the mother card...always gives a man something to jab at...) :dontthink
I don't know their names just numbers that I watched play. Ladies you're proving my point. I didn't question anybody's knowledge of the game. It's the inability to emotionally distance yourselves that makes it tough to have a rational discussion. Little Johnny or little Jimmy do not need to be mentioned in every post. I doubt one player on that team gives a rats butt about the BOE. We were just trying to discuss the GAME itself.
^^^^^

:Hole:

As for my thoughts on the BOE:

Don't worry about it...win a State Championship and they will undoubtedly show respect. Just add that extra chip into the respect bank and move forward. I could care less if they were at Johnson Central, they didn't have an impact on the game and they won't have an impact next week either.
A little off topic, but, does anyone know why James "Buster" Douglas was at the game?
He was in Belfry attire and everything!
RisingPower84 Wrote:A little off topic, but, does anyone know why James "Buster" Douglas was at the game?
He was in Belfry attire and everything!

I was wondering myself...not sure the connection.

I just hope it foreshadows Belfry knocking off the #1 undefeated Briarjumpers like when Douglas shocked Mike Tyson.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I was wondering myself...not sure the connection.

I just hope it foreshadows Belfry knocking off the #1 undefeated Briarjumpers like when Douglas shocked Mike Tyson.

Buster Douglas has been in town for awhile training with Dadoo in Matewan. They have a few things lined up. It is nice to have him here pulling for us. He is close friends with David Jones and Dadoo Cook.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I don't care one bit about BOE or whatever! Why are we even talking about that crap when there was a ballgame to talk about?

Sorry, I just don't get it.

FBall,

Belfry started the following underclassmen:

3 OL (Jr's)
Soph. TE/DE (#23)
Jr. QB/FS (#4)
Jr. FB's (#3)
So. TB (#40)

Jr. DE (#5)
So. LB's (#44, #17)
Jr. SS (#10)
Fr. CB (#6)

Basically every skill guy who played for Belfry returns except #2. Just saying.

Dixon #10 is FS. You also left out Tyler Williams #4 (QB/SS), who is also a junior.
blazin_ky Wrote:..LOL..Get Over It...I did mention Morgan Bentley...Didn't I? Unlike the post that I quoted earlier and in the prior quote Jeffree was mentioned as the ONLY skilled player and anyone that knows this mother;including my son, will tell you that I am more critical of his perfermance than any player on that team! (Guess I shouldn't mentioned the mother card...always gives a man something to jab at...) :dontthink

In football terms, "skill players" are the QB, FB, HB, SE, & TE. The offensive line is not considered a "skill player" condition. Its a vague term, used only for distinguishing between the guys who play in the trenches, and the ones who can possibly carry, catch, or throw the ball. The TE, in the Belfry offense, is a little bit of both.

Just some football 101 for you there, mom. I don't think that PTP or FBall were calling any of the members of this years Belfry team unskilled. You're welcome.
FBALL Wrote:I don't know their names just numbers that I watched play. Ladies you're proving my point. I didn't question anybody's knowledge of the game. It's the inability to emotionally distance yourselves that makes it tough to have a rational discussion. Little Johnny or little Jimmy do not need to be mentioned in every post. I doubt one player on that team gives a rats butt about the BOE. We were just trying to discuss the GAME itself.

I don't think I've proved your point on anything.... My child has not been listed on here in any post that I have made... OTHER than saying that he verified something that happened on the field the other night that his dad didn't see.... Being emotional, yep we sure are as are quite a few of the men on these threads.... It's NOT just a woman thing hon! hahahaha.... As for one player on the team giving a rats butt... you would be suprised!.... I can name about 8! hahaha... Smile THAT is over and done with.... On with the game discussion!!!