Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J-Town vs George Rogers Clark Scrimmage
J-Town will travel to GRC on Friday Nov 26th for the first scrimmage for GRC. J-Town could be ranked #1 in the state pre-season and GRC #3. Will be a great preview of two of the top teams in the state. Your thoughts on this matchup?
Grc!
What time does it start? Is it open to the public?
HeavyGee Wrote:What time does it start? Is it open to the public?
Yes it is open to public and going to be treated like a real game, I have been told. JV at 5 or 6 and Varsity after that . We expect a huge crowd for this scrimmage.
HeavyGee Wrote:What time does it start? Is it open to the public?

Tip off is 6:00 and admission is $4.00. J-Town ranked #1 by the CJ freatures center Zack Price, committed to U of L and Tony Kimbro.
I just got back from the scrimmage. I don't know the score, since they kept it by quarters, but Clark County won the 1st, 2nd, and 4th quarters and J-Town won the 3rd quarter. All four quarters were very close.

Jaylen Daniel was very impressive for Clark County. Corey Rogers came on strong in the second half. Robbie Stenzel hit a couple of 3-pointers, but unfortunately suffered a concussion in the second half. Bopper Stenzel handled the ball extremely well. The bench played solid in the 4th quarter.

Cody Russell was the most impressive player for J-Town. Zack Price battled hard and had some nice baskets for the Chargers.

All in all, it was a good scrimmage, and I would say that both coaches saw a number of things to be pleased with.
HeavyGee Wrote:I just got back from the scrimmage. I don't know the score, since they kept it by quarters, but Clark County won the 1st, 2nd, and 4th quarters and J-Town won the 3rd quarter. All four quarters were very close.

Jaylen Daniel was very impressive for Clark County. Corey Rogers came on strong in the second half. Robbie Stenzel hit a couple of 3-pointers, but unfortunately suffered a concussion in the second half. Bopper Stenzel handled the ball extremely well. The bench played solid in the 4th quarter.

Cody Russell was the most impressive player for J-Town. Zack Price battled hard and had some nice baskets for the Chargers.

All in all, it was a good scrimmage, and I would say that both coaches saw a number of things to be pleased with.

The final score was GRC 69 J-Town 65. Cory did look rusty from football in the first half. Bopper and Jaylan looked good. Thought Howell did a great job coming off the bench. I was very impressed with GRC's bench play last night. Don't think J-town would have won the 3rd quarter if Stenzel hadn't got hurt. J-Town laid in a basket at the end of the 3rd to win it, 19-17. while Robbie laid on the floor at the other end.