Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I challenge you
1. To take a coat and blanket to a winter coat drive. (We all have coats laying around that we cant fit in anymore, or drop $15-$20 on one at KMart or Walmart)..
2. Take a toy or two to a toy drive. (Dont have any? Toys at the Dollar Store are $5-$10 each and a child not getting much will love it. Guarantee it)...
3. Send a care package to a soldier. (Flat rate box at the post office, then get the name of a soldier fighting in your town or find out one from THAT soldier that no one is sending anything to, and send him one)
4. Take canned food to a food drive. (this is simple)

And if your feeling charitable, find one (or more if you wanna) good and decent family that may have caught some bad breaks (husband lost job, less fortunate, etc..), and buy a turkey, a box of dressing, corn, a box of mashed potatoes, a can of cranberry sauce and a pumpkin pie. This will run you around $30, depending on where you shop and the brands you buy..and take it to them. I am determined to make this my most giving Thanksgiving and Christmas yet. And I challenge you all to do the same.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ Great job TH32. We have been doing this through one of the business's my wife and I own. It truly is of great value. I would also challenge those that have children, get them involved in this effort as well.

If you belong to any groups, professional or social, have them contact a local retirement home. Volunteer to bring Christmas Cards (very generic) and go spend a few hours helping them address and sometimes even write the greetings in the card for them. It's usually only 90 minutes, but an incredible experience.
Stardust Wrote:^ Great job TH32. We have been doing this through one of the business's my wife and I own. It truly is of great value. I would also challenge those that have children, get them involved in this effort as well.

If you belong to any groups, professional or social, have them contact a local retirement home. Volunteer to bring Christmas Cards (very generic) and go spend a few hours helping them address and sometimes even write the greetings in the card for them. It's usually only 90 minutes, but an incredible experience.
Thats a great idea with the Christmas cards..another thing to do, is to go around to some elderly people you may know and staple plastic over their windows (reduces heating bills, helps keep their house warmer), or ask them if its okay if you shovel snow from their driveways, etc..my dad made me and my two brothers do these two things every single winter growing up..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:1. To take a coat and blanket to a winter coat drive. (We all have coats laying around that we cant fit in anymore, or drop $15-$20 on one at KMart or Walmart)..
2. Take a toy or two to a toy drive. (Dont have any? Toys at the Dollar Store are $5-$10 each and a child not getting much will love it. Guarantee it)...
3. Send a care package to a soldier. (Flat rate box at the post office, then get the name of a soldier fighting in your town or find out one from THAT soldier that no one is sending anything to, and send him one)
4. Take canned food to a food drive. (this is simple)

And if your feeling charitable, find one (or more if you wanna) good and decent family that may have caught some bad breaks (husband lost job, less fortunate, etc..), and buy a turkey, a box of dressing, corn, a box of mashed potatoes, a can of cranberry sauce and a pumpkin pie. This will run you around $30, depending on where you shop and the brands you buy..and take it to them. I am determined to make this my most giving Thanksgiving and Christmas yet. And I challenge you all to do the same.

My wife and I have a whole load of toys that we are planning to donate to the toys for tots program!..:biggrin:
It's amazing the items you can find to give when cleaning out a closet! We all have certain items that are "sentimental" to us but if we don't use it, there is someone out there that can! I love the idea of sending a care package to a soldier and even if we can't get one to them for Thanksgiving, if we send one out now, it would arrive by Christmas for them!

Another idea... contact the local schools in your area and in conjunction with your business, have them collect non-perishable items from home and bring in. Have the business offer the classroom with the highest number of items collected a pizza party or something to that effect. Our school UNITE club just did a can food drive and collected over 2,500 cans of food! Just think of the families that can help feed!!! I for one would rather give than receive 1,000 times over!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Good thread to have around Tides.
Great stuff!
Nice one, Hoss.

A lot of people around here struggle to make the bills from month to month....
having extra for the Holidays isn't always an option for some.
Awesome challenge! Im in Hoss!