•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Job Openings
Henry Co has great fan support, with a very good incoming Freshman class. The talent level could be 2nd best in the new District.
The problem is when the new coach is hired he better have some buddies to help him, because there may not be any assistants left.
HCAlum92 Wrote:Henry has a good upcoming freshman class and good sophmore class the junior and senior class have some good talent and from what i hear if they get a coach in here who cares about them and trys not to run all of them OFF!!!!!!!! "because of some kind of power trip", there will be alot of kids come back out. There are alot of kids in the school who should be playing and will play if the right guy is hired!!!!!!

I agree. The opportunity and talent is there. But lately there has been a power struggle amongst the coaches. Anyone who has attended an HC game can see the coaches constantly having a warfare of words on the sidelines WITH EACH OTHER! :argue: Not a good environment for the players. A few seasons back the jv team was the NCKC championship winner and the upcoming freshman just finished a 10-1 season. The future holds great things for these young men.
Old Henry Man Wrote:Henry Co has great fan support, with a very good incoming Freshman class. The talent level could be 2nd best in the new District.
The problem is when the new coach is hired he better have some buddies to help him, because there may not be any assistants left.

And the fact that one person towards the very top of the Henry County administration doesn't want anymore (with the exception of the head coach) coaches hired in the building to teach, which is bogus.

E-town, from a pure talent level will be 2nd best in the district. Henry County and LaRue County however, are very similar, identical really with regards to talent level and communities.
I figured Letcher Central would open up by now?
I was told they gave him one more year to get the team going, but some of the assistants are gone including defensive coordinator.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:I was told they gave him one more year to get the team going, but some of the assistants are gone including defensive coordinator.

When they played HC looked like the team still had pretty good numbers. I read some stuff on here about loss of players and fan support. At the game I could see there wasn't much fan support, but I have no idea about the players and how they were treated, how parents felt, how coaches felt, etc. Good Luck!!!
cougarpride08 Wrote:I was told they gave him one more year to get the team going, but some of the assistants are gone including defensive coordinator.

Considering that the defensive coordinator and some of his assistants have teaching jobs then this should be labeled a rumor.

Rumor had it that if a certain coach had not taken a college job than Whitaker would have been gone.
Doesn't this job have excellent facilities and pay very well?
has anyone heard alvis johnson name for next mercer co. job.then his son dennis takes over after 1 year.heard this a couple days ago.
I saw him at the state championships and he wasn't getting around to well. Not that that means anything, but I know it's hard to coach when your older and don't get around well.
Are you saying Whitaker would have took the PC job? or Dudley leaving for LC?

There is no way Whitaker is going to move up after a disappointed season. What coaches are expected to leave?
BeReal Wrote:I agree. The opportunity and talent is there. But lately there has been a power struggle amongst the coaches. Anyone who has attended an HC game can see the coaches constantly having a warfare of words on the sidelines WITH EACH OTHER! :argue: Not a good environment for the players. A few seasons back the jv team was the NCKC championship winner and the upcoming freshman just finished a 10-1 season. The future holds great things for these young men.

Last year the JV was NCKC champs and this year they were NCKC runnerup. SO they have talent coming back, and the Eigth grade team went pretty deep in the middle school playoffs. These kids do not like to loose and are very coachable kids i think who ever gets this job will be glad they did.
Old Henry Man Wrote:Henry Co has great fan support, with a very good incoming Freshman class. The talent level could be 2nd best in the new District.

I have heard that two of the assistants would like to come back.
HCAlum92 Wrote:Last year the JV was NCKC champs and this year they were NCKC runnerup. SO they have talent coming back, and the Eigth grade team went pretty deep in the middle school playoffs. These kids do not like to loose and are very coachable kids i think who ever gets this job will be glad they did.

What schools make up the NCKC? Henry, Owen, Carroll, Trimble, Grant, Walton-Verona, Oldham, North Oldham and South?
Harry Doyle Wrote:What schools make up the NCKC? Henry, Owen, Carroll, Trimble, Grant, Walton-Verona, Oldham, North Oldham and South?

Henry, Grant, Carroll, Owen, Trimble. And the Jv would have won again this year until losing to Carroll in the final. Seemed fishy tho. Caroll had quite a few more players the second game then they did when Henry killed them the first game. The players seemed to grow a few feet as well....
kmba32 Wrote:Why ?
Don't think so..........Carter just was rehired by the B.O.E. !!!!!!!!!!!
From what I hear Fairdale is off the market. They hired a coach Friday...they are going to wait to announce it...not sure when.
BeReal Wrote:Henry, Grant, Carroll, Owen, Trimble. And the Jv would have won again this year until losing to Carroll in the final. Seemed fishy tho. Caroll had quite a few more players the second game then they did when Henry killed them the first game. The players seemed to grow a few feet as well....

Carroll and Henry are on two different wavelengths. Henry needs to make sure the program doesn't slide during this transition.
I was told that Coach Mike Copley quit as the head coach of Greenup County Football. Can anyone confirm this?
Young Henry Man Wrote:Carroll and Henry are on two different wavelengths. Henry needs to make sure the program doesn't slide during this transition.

That is a worry of several Henry Co fans, that the program could slide to the level of Owen and Carroll.
Henry needs to bring in a good coach.
Old Henry Man Wrote:That is a worry of several Henry Co fans, that the program could slide to the level of Owen and Carroll.
Henry needs to bring in a good coach.

With as much as Henry Co. lost and their schedule the next two years, it will be difficult to get as many wins as they have had the last four. They will need to hire a coach that intends on building up the program over these next two years.
Logan County is Open
Heard that Haddix at PCC has had a few job offers,will he take them surely PCC will keep him,so far they have done him right,hopefully they want him to stay he is one of the best young coaches to come along in many a moon,kids relate to him he brings a huge spark to a program and most of all he is a winner,so watch out !!
Dayton is off the list as they have hired Chad Montgomery
has anyone heard anything about the Paintsville job coming open, I know that they have had disappointing seasons the last couple of yeas
I heard Henry County made a decision today.

Any news on if Spencer County has been filled?
I think that makes it hearsay and a rumor.
I don't know if being told by a higher up that the job was offered makes something a rumor.

Either they position has been offered or it hasn't.

I guess you don't have any further information.
PTS21 Wrote:I was told that Coach Mike Copley quit as the head coach of Greenup County Football. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes he did.
East Carter is open.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next