Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Jumpers
64.38%
Bobcats
35.62%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Breathitt Co. 11/19
Courtesy Calpreps - Somerset 46 at*Breathitt County 21 http://www.Calpreps.com
I would love to see my Bobcats pull out the upset, with high school football you can never tell what is going to happen. Hopefully we will have a big crowd at the Riverbank next Friday to cheer on the Bobcats.
Somerset has to many weapons for Breathitt to contain. They have a running back who i think is very under rated and has a chance to score every time he touches it. I think his name is Derrick Jackson i believe. I also believe he isnt really the main running back in this offense. They are very balanced as well so it makes them dangerous and i believe Somserset wins by 3 touchdowns.
bac2369 Wrote:Somerset has to many weapons for Breathitt to contain. They have a running back who i think is very under rated and has a chance to score every time he touches it. I think his name is Derrick Jackson i believe. I also believe he isnt really the main running back in this offense. They are very balanced as well so it makes them dangerous and i believe Somserset wins by 3 touchdowns.

DJ is our main back but it is extremely rare for any running back to get more than 10 carries in a game for Somerset. Their offense is about as balanced as it gets with each of the running backs getting 5-10 carries a game and each receiver getting 1-5 catches a game. If we would ever have a close game I'm sure they would get more touches. I agree though Derrick is great, and his two back ups (if you can call them that) in Bastin and Lange are pretty darn good also.
If Breathitt comes out fired up they can beat ANYBODY.They are young and unpredictable,but also talented.Don't overlook them Somerset,or it will be a long ride home!!
Somerset seems to have the tools to beat Breathitt, even on Breathitt's home field. As a matter of fact, I think they will win by two to three touchdowns.

Somerset brings to fore the tool box that has many tools within it. They are extremely talented.
Somerset rolls by at least 20+ points!
Somerset will have too many weapons in the passing as well as their running game for the Bobcats to contain. Although Breathitt is the best opponent that the Briar Jumpers have faced since the first few weeks of the season, I still don't see them having many problems in this one!

Somerset - 38

Breathitt Co. - 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Jumpers to tough for Bobcats!
Nothing but respect for the Bobcats from the Somerset coaches and players. As Coach Lucas said, "Anytime your playing a coach with his name on the stadium you know you'll have your hands full".

Somerset and Breathitt played a good hard hitting game last year, Somerset was finally able to wear the Bobcats down in the third qtr and pull away to a comfortable win at the end.

Looking forward to coming back to Breathitt, we scrimmaged over there when these Seniors were freshmen.

I need some help I can't remember which end is the visitor section of the bleachers, I know they are just on one side of the field.

See ya Friday!!
Jumper Dad Wrote:Nothing but respect for the Bobcats from the Somerset coaches and players. As Coach Lucas said, "Anytime your playing a coach with his name on the stadium you know you'll have your hands full".

Somerset and Breathitt played a good hard hitting game last year, Somerset was finally able to wear the Bobcats down in the third qtr and pull away to a comfortable win at the end.

Looking forward to coming back to Breathitt, we scrimmaged over there when these Seniors were freshmen.

I need some help I can't remember which end is the visitor section of the bleachers, I know they are just on one side of the field.

See ya Friday!!

its the left side as you walk in.

good luck Smile
Jumper Dad Wrote:Nothing but respect for the Bobcats from the Somerset coaches and players. As Coach Lucas said, "Anytime your playing a coach with his name on the stadium you know you'll have your hands full".

See ya Friday!!

I'll be making the trip and I'm looking forward to going back to Breathitt as well. The Bobcats' facilities are top notch IMO, the covered grandstand is awesome. :Thumbs:
ckns Wrote:its the left side as you walk in.

good luck Smile

the visitor section is on the riverbank side but they can set in the covered part down toward the locker room on the left very nice place:Thumbs:
Thanks. I loved the roofed grandstands, awesome idea!!!!
Briar Jumpers 35 to 14.
Breathitt Co. 29-27.
I just think the fact the game is being played in Jackson, it'll be closer than most think. I still think Somerset comes away with a win.
Axel Foley Wrote:Breathitt Co. 29-27.

Oh c'mon Slink. No love for the other locat team? All the Somerset guys pick PC in their game, the PC guys all pick Breathitt--thanks for the support guys.
it's so refreshing to see all these positive comments posted instead of putting each other down.Hope the game goes the same way and good luck to both teams and hope for no injuries on either side.Go Bobcats!

See ya Friday!!

I went to Jackson to see Sheldon Clark play Breathitt County, and they had a small section of bleachers on the visitors side, but I wish I had sat on the Breathitt side in the visitors section, for the bleachers were so low it was had to see.
breathitt by 3
ugh, Somerset.
Somerset overlooks Bobcats
Norm Peterson Wrote:Oh c'mon Slink. No love for the other locat team? All the Somerset guys pick PC in their game, the PC guys all pick Breathitt--thanks for the support guys.

I guess they need a reason to believe PC is better than Somerset. Personally I'd love to see both PC and Somerset in Bowling Green.
RoShamBo Wrote:I guess they need a reason to believe PC is better than Somerset. Personally I'd love to see both PC and Somerset in Bowling Green.

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Somerset
The Contrarian Wrote:I went to Jackson to see Sheldon Clark play Breathitt County, and they had a small section of bleachers on the visitors side, but I wish I had sat on the Breathitt side in the visitors section, for the bleachers were so low it was had to see.
A majority of the visiting fans sit on the left side of the bleachers and do not even go across to the old bleachers.:Thumbs:
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Hope the Bobcats pretend it's the "Honey Bowl" all over again... THAT team can play with the Jumpers.

Don't know where that team went, but it needs to be found in a hurry...

TongueirateSho
bobcats by7
djttrbm Wrote:it's so refreshing to see all these positive comments posted instead of putting each other down.Hope the game goes the same way and good luck to both teams and hope for no injuries on either side.Go Bobcats!

Agree 100%:Thumbs:, much more respectful than last year.

I still have some of the negative post from last year saved, plus the personal threat that was PM'd to me after the game lst year.

Hope game goes the same way this years post have, two very proud programs playing for the region title. Does it get any better than this?