Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 42, Dixie Heights 28
final
Like I said, Highlands isn't as good as some of their fans think they are.
nptb17 Wrote:Like I said, Highlands isn't as good as some of their fans think they are.
why do you say that?
Any updates on how Towles is doing?
Congrats Highlands.
nky Wrote:why do you say that?

Maybe because some predicted DH had not shot what so ever to even be in this game?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Maybe because some predicted DH had not shot what so ever to even be in this game?
they played them close the first time. And played them close for a half this time. Looks like Highland controlled the second half
nky Wrote:they played them close the first time. And played them close for a half this time. Looks like Highland controlled the second half

I was going by the prediction thread for this game.
congrats to Highlands, have good trip to Paintsville
nptb17 Wrote:Like I said, Highlands isn't as good as some of their fans think they are.

Dixie was a formidable opponent. Highlands made adjustments at halftime and outscored Dixie 28-7 in the 2nd half.

Win is a win is a win.
Highlands is a decent team.
Birds had a 4th down and about a foot, at mid-field and punted... ?
Having played football in NKY, what most people dont know is that Dixie gets the majority of the top talent in NKY coming out of middle school. Dixie has the type of team that matches up well with Highlands, which is a team built around speed. Throw that in with some big guys on the line and they or going to compete with Highlands for a half 7 out of 10 times. Highlands wins their games in the second half, which is what happened in this case.

Benchwarmer Wrote:Maybe because some predicted DH had not shot what so ever to even be in this game?

What Highlands fan said it? You are inferring that a Highlands fan would have said that they had no chance.
Congrats to Highlands
I said Dixie had no chance. Obviously they didn't. They lost.
Congrats Highlands, comon down to JC now!
LaFlamaBlanca Wrote:Having played football in NKY, what most people dont know is that Dixie gets the majority of the top talent in NKY coming out of middle school. Dixie has the type of team that matches up well with Highlands, which is a team built around speed. Throw that in with some big guys on the line and they or going to compete with Highlands for a half 7 out of 10 times. Highlands wins their games in the second half, which is what happened in this case.
Don't most high schools get all their players coming out of middle school?:Thumbs:
nky Wrote:Don't most high schools get all their players coming out of middle school?:Thumbs:

What about those school districts that don't have Middle Schools:biggrin:
Pike's true colors continued to show last night. This kid thinks he does not have to follow the same rules as the rest. What a classless way to end a good high school career.
sstack Wrote:Pike's true colors continued to show last night. This kid thinks he does not have to follow the same rules as the rest. What a classless way to end a good high school career.

He's a junior.
Can you dig it? Wrote:He's a junior.

I thought he was a SR. We get to watch his antics agian next year.
sstack Wrote:I thought he was a SR. We get to watch his antics agian next year.

Nope. I believe they dropped Highlands.:yikes: I guess they want the chance to go 8-4.
What did pike do exactly heard alot of different things was anyone there & could give just a sum up of what went down....
TNT-MB1 Wrote:What did pike do exactly heard alot of different things was anyone there & could give just a sum up of what went down....

Pike is a great athlete. He gets his attitude honestly because his dad was the same way and I'm sure it is encouraged at home. His dad use to coach at Dixie until they had enough of his antics and the gig was over. The problelm is you have a kid and a parent or parents running the show because the coaches can't control it. Bad situation Tom S. to be in. He needs to get control but Tom is just one of those "good guys" an I just don't think he can ever control it.