Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County's Schedule
Yogibear Wrote:Some on here think HC fans are just saying that stuff. It is true. I can understand M'boro and Knox playing Bell over HC because of traditions, but why Clay? I can't quite understand that one. Why would Corbin drive to Danville instead of playing HC. Right now HC is looking at Playing two bowl games- maybe three, two Va. teams, Bell and the district. Getting 10 games is not looking good at this point I hear.

Corbin might invite Harlan Co. to the Cumberland Falls Classic in Corbin. They were trying to get Whitley but thats a no go and now I believe Corbin needs someone to play.
zaga_fan Wrote:We beat em 3 out of 4 years in my stint with Perry Wink

Overall?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbin might invite Harlan Co. to the Cumberland Falls Classic in Corbin. They were trying to get Whitley but thats a no go and now I believe Corbin needs someone to play.

I have heard there was a situation similar to that of Whitley in that case. Not sure, but that is what I have been told. Would have rather played them in reg season.
Yogibear Wrote:I have heard there was a situation similar to that of Whitley in that case. Not sure, but that is what I have been told. Would have rather played them in reg season.

Corbin does npt want a return game, they already ask HC for the Pigskin but HC wants a home/home. Just like WC, HC said no thanks Im sure. Corbin is playing lafayette, danville instead of HC.

Knox will not play and has been asked all season long before scheudles got filled.

Rockcastle co. might play

Wish for a mathcup with a big virginia school like Richlands.

Bell co and Harlan co are very isolated as well as Letcher, it is hard to travel distances each week for these teams. Last week I heard Mercer co traveled over three hours to get to Harlan and they are central located for most of eky teams.
HC don't care tralvel but other teams wont return the favor.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If you would have scrolled on down you would have seen where I stated that if the 1A team is a legit state contender then it wouldnt be bad, as in a Perry/Hazard game this year.
For the most part any decent team in 5A would kill a 1A team its common sense with numbers and everything, but their are a few 1A schools who could probably compete, like the ones contending for state titles every year.

So what if a bad 4A or 5A team plays a decent 1A team and both teams start 8 or 9 players both ways. Then it has nothing to do with numbers.

If whitley feels this way then why keep playing Lynn Camp, pick up someone tougher.
former Wrote:So what if a bad 4A or 5A team plays a decent 1A team and both teams start 8 or 9 players both ways. Then it has nothing to do with numbers.

If whitley feels this way then why keep playing Lynn Camp, pick up someone tougher.

I wish I knew. The reason they keep this game is simple.....its an easy scheduled game that close to home and not a burden financially.

Anybody can say what they want, but logic tells you that a 1A school should not be able to compete with a 5A school on a yearly basis. And before its brought up, yea, a Beechwood, Mayfield, Hazard could keep up with most 5A schools.

I'm not downing 1A football or saying it sucks, just that it shouldn't be able to compete with 5A football although it does in some cases.
Gummie Bear Wrote:Corbin does npt want a return game, they already ask HC for the Pigskin but HC wants a home/home. Just like WC, HC said no thanks Im sure. Corbin is playing lafayette, danville instead of HC.

Knox will not play and has been asked all season long before scheudles got filled.

Rockcastle co. might play

Wish for a mathcup with a big virginia school like Richlands.

Bell co and Harlan co are very isolated as well as Letcher, it is hard to travel distances each week for these teams. Last week I heard Mercer co traveled over three hours to get to Harlan and they are central located for most of eky teams.
HC don't care tralvel but other teams wont return the favor.

Corbin wont travel if they dont have too. It's ridiculous for a team to just not agree and say okay if you come here next year we wcan go to your place the year after. Corbin says its schedule is full for the next two years, but what about 2013? Thats the argument Whitley was trying to make but Corbin wasn't having it.

I think it comes mostly from Jewell at Corbin. He has the power to schedule all the games for Corbin, except the Cumberland Falls Pigskin, that's setup by Corbins Varsity club and boosters and so forth. They always dont see eye to eye.

I believe it will eventually happen but not for a few years. I wish Whitley would pick up Knox and Corbin. With North and South not being in the district i'd like to play them now as well to fill some slots.