Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard's Jon Combs wins Wendy's Heisman
Hazard High School Quarter back Jonathan Combs has been named the 2010 Wendy’s Heisman State Winner.

Combs, who finished the regular season as the state’s fourth leading passer with 265 yards per game, has accumulated 2,653 passing yards by completing 116 of 151 pass attempts. His 77 percent completion rate and 37 to 3 touchdown interception ratio led the state in those categories.

The Wendy's Heisman Award is presented to senior student athletes who have at least a “B” average and participate in one of the 27 sports recognized by the National Federation of State High Schools. Combs has a high school GPA of 3.7 and is currently ranked 16th of 60 in his senior class.

As the state winner, Combs will now be considered for the national honor. Wendy’s will name one male and one female to represent each of the six Heisman geographic regions. The 12 national finalists will be flown to New York City for the presentation of the national Wendy’s High School Heisman Award.

Combs and the Hazard Bulldogs finished the regular season 10-0 and entered the KHSAA 1A playoffs as one of the favorites.
Copyright 2010 Hazard Herald (KY). All rights reserved.

Read more: Hazard Herald (KY) - Hazard QB named Wendy’s Heisman state winner
Congrats !!! Thats some sweet stats also.
Congrats to Jonathan!!:rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Congrats!
Impressive. I also expect this gets the Mayfield folks' attention.
Congrats to the young man
Congrats Jon!!!
Congrads and a well deserved honor.
Congratulations to Jon
:Thumbs::Thumbs::rockon::1:
Congrats Combs!
Congrats Jon! Huge accomplishment!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congrats to Jon. Sounds like he is a great example of what a student/athlete should be. Like the stats.
Congratulations on receiving a huge honor for personal achievement. It is very good to see mountain STUDENT athletes competing and receiving this very prestigious award.
Congrats to the young man!!!
COngrats to the feller.... He getting looked at by anyone??
Tica Wrote:Impressive. I also expect this gets the Mayfield folks' attention.

Mayfield has been watching all season, you don't ignore or a talent like Combs and Hazard.

Great job, congrats to Mr. Combs. I hope he wins the nationals as well and brings it back to KY
Congrats to a mountain kid... But at the same time it also sjows that he doesnt have very stiff competition. If you take out one team being PT , they have a total record of something like 32-52. Which mean most of their opponents averaged winning 3 games per season. But hey its not his fault, he accomplished a wonderful season. He should be able to hit 3000 yards passing by the end of the year ...
Congrats to him!
congrats
Congrats Jon!! Good Luck the rest of the season !! GO DAWGS !!!
Mountain Coach Wrote:Congrats to a mountain kid... But at the same time it also sjows that he doesnt have very stiff competition. If you take out one team being PT , they have a total record of something like 32-52. Which mean most of their opponents averaged winning 3 games per season. But hey its not his fault, he accomplished a wonderful season. He should be able to hit 3000 yards passing by the end of the year ...

I realize I am not from the area but I do not see any team on the schedule that Hazard would call PT. What in the world are you talking about? Mayfield plays Paducah Tilghman known often as PT but not Hazard
Theres still a few teams left in the playoffs that Hazard played this year.
4 teams Hazard played were 6-34.The other 6 teams were 38-22.8 of those teams made the playoffs plus Hazard.7 of those teams won plus Hazard.All the teams left has a good shot to win the next round if they have a descent game,so Hazard has played a pretty good shedule.Jon has played as good of competition as any body else,and played great.I think the award is well deserved.Jon Combs is a good kid,in community and school,as well as a good team leader.Good luck,{Hazard & Jon} on the rest of season and to him in the future.
Great award. Congratulations.
Great honor.
Tica Wrote:Impressive. I also expect this gets the Mayfield folks' attention.

congrats to on a awsome season and the award. nice stats too. and for the record this young man and his team has been on the minds of cardinal fans since last year... cant wait till BG..
The award recognizes achievements in athletics, academics and community leadership not just stats.