Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New businesses/jobs in Pikeville
Pikeville just had a Steak n Shake open up. After driving by and even eating inside it is safe to say that business is booming. Drive thur backed out to Pikeville's Applebees is absolutely crazy. But anyway, it seems that financially it the new business is off to a good start.

A Giovanni's is going in downwtown were curves used to be and it looks like a Chiropractic practice will be next to it. Judging but how busy the Dorton and Millard Giovanni's are I would say this one will have good business as well.

The three big building projects in the new medical school building for Pikeville College, the new tower of the hospital, and the new Hall of Justice building downtown will all be bringing in good construction jobs in the next couple years. As well as new jobs after they are finished.

We all know about the two new sports franchises in the area with the East Kentucky Energy (basketball) and East Kentucky Drillers (arena football). Hopefully these will be respectively priced and people can make it out to the games.

I was told the other day about a possible Hilton hotel that is suppose to be going up right next to the Hampton. This is due to the fact that the Hampton apparently stays 96%!!!! book on average. It was also said that the man who wants to put it in is a owner from Lexington and wants to put a Saul Good in the first floor.

So, what does everyone think about all of the new happenings in Pikeville? Please feel free to mention any new businesses or anything that pertains to the job market around the mountains.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nice to hear!
It'd be nice if we could get some more opportunities in Perry County Wink
I would like to see a Steak and Shake come to Paintsville. They are everywhere in Indianapolis. Does the Pikeville location stay open 24-7?
Sounds Awesome! I would love the Hilton idea. That plus the tower, and the Med-School. I'm all for big buildings!!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I would like to see a Steak and Shake come to Paintsville. They are everywhere in Indianapolis. Does the Pikeville location stay open 24-7?
Not right now, but I have heard that it will once business slows down.
Steak-and-Shake will stay busy for a few more weeks and that's just because it just opened.

When a new restaurant goes in anywhere, it's packed for at least two weeks.

Glad Pikeville is getting more jobs though. Seems like that area has been booming over the last decade.
Does Pikeville have a Sykes, like in Perry Co?
MVP2 Wrote:Does Pikeville have a Sykes, like in Perry Co?

Skyes is now ACS I believe.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I would like to see a Steak and Shake come to Paintsville. They are everywhere in Indianapolis. Does the Pikeville location stay open 24-7?

No, I think that they may make it 24/7 about two or three months. I think that they have to sort out the work schedule.
[SIZE="4"]
All these new jobs will be awesome for this area as long as they don't drug test their employees. Look at Wal-Mart in Hazard. How long did it take to get it going because of the failed drug tests.
^ lol sad but true.. Super Wally World has done great here..
^ Dude I hate going to Walmart.... I absolutely dread it when I have to go. I do love seeing other businesses in that area flourish because of the traffic!
[SIZE="4"]