Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 players in the 15..1/12/06
Lets here your opinions on the top 10 now..
1. Brad Lowe
2. Landon Slone
3. Jamie McCarty
4. Matt Maynard
5. Brandon May
6. Ryan Johnson
7. Ethan Johnson
8. Ryan Little
9. Brandon Kidd
10. Michael Stephens
looks good but u have to through Jamie Case in there and Mitchell Riddle
1.Landon Slone-Paintsville
2.Brad Lowe-PC
3.Matt Maynard-Belfry
4.Jamie McCarty-JC
5.Brandon May-SC
6.Brandon Kidd-BL
7.Jamie Case-Belfry
8.Shawn Thompson-LC
9.Shane Grimm-Paintsville
10a.Ryan Johnson-SF
10b.Kyle Rice-JC
1. Brad Lowe
2. Landon Slone
3. Kyle Rice
4. Matt Maynard
5. Brandon May
6. Ryan Johnson
7. Jamie McCarty
8. Ryan Little
9. Brandon Kidd
10. Michael Stephens
None of you have mentioned who I believe is the 4th best player in the region Mitchell Riddle-Shelby Valley.
"basketballstar" Wrote:1. Brad Lowe
2. Landon Slone
3. Jamie McCarty
4. Matt Maynard
5. Brandon May
6. Ryan Johnson
7. Ethan Johnson
8. Ryan Little
9. Brandon Kidd
10. Michael Stephens

Looks good, just take Stephens out and replace him with Riddle. Then move Jamie McCarty down a few spots.
good list basketballstar
How is that only one of you have even mentioned Shawn Thompson, has there even been a team in the 15th even stopped him, yea the team record isnt the greatest, but how can you even leave him out. You all going on about Riddle, what did he do against LC not much, and yet Shawn done is normal Double Double. Not putting Riddle down because he is a nice player, but know where near the caliper of Shawn!

No one in this area has stopped Shawn this year.

OH wait yea there is one every game the officals. lol
"Batpuff" Wrote:How is that only one of you have even mentioned Shawn Thompson, has there even been a team in the 15th even stopped him, yea the team record isnt the greatest, but how can you even leave him out. You all going on about Riddle, what did he do against LC not much, and yet Shawn done is normal Double Double. Not putting Riddle down because he is a nice player, but know where near the caliper of Shawn!

No one in this area has stopped Shawn this year.

OH wait yea there is one every game the officals. lol

LOL i had forgot all about him. I agree he is deserving to be in the top ten.
Good list basketballstar
1. Brad Lowe
2. Shawn Thomson
3.Matt Maynard
4.Brandon May
5.Jamie McCarty
5.Landon Slone
7.Ryan Johnson
8.Brandon Kidd
9.Kyle Rice
10. Ryan Little
i agree with aces list
Why not just make a list of the best players in the 15th Region total not top 10 or 20, because there are alot of guys many of us never get to see till Tourny time. You know who the better players on your favorite team is.
How can you guys not have Ryan Johnson at least 2 ?
20 ppg, 5 rpg and 6 apg and 3 spg (if not 1 then at least 2)
Ryan Johnson is not on there list b/c he is not that good. when you can shoot whenever you want and play teams who arent very good then it is easy to have those kind of stats

Landon Slone
Brad Lowe
Jamie McCarty
Jamie Case
Matt Maynard
J.D. VanHoose
Mitchell Riddle
Shawn Thompson
Brandon Kidd
Cade Riddle
IMO...Mitchell Riddell is a top player in the region and may not be in the Top 10 but he's on the bubble.

And with Belfry's lost Tuesday Night to East Ridge, and Tyler McCoy holding Belfry's powerhouse player of Jamie Case to a mere 6 Points the whole game with his lock down defense.
IMO any list on this topic would have to include Ryan Fannin and Jesse Meek from JC. They are classic unsung heroes in my book and belong on any list of top players in the Region. I'd even put them in there before Rice and McCarty because they play with intensity and heart. (oh and that is not to say that Rice and McCarty don't play with heart and intensity for all of you out there who are in on the anti-Imnottelling kick today....I just feel that Fannin and Meek don't get near the kudos that they should)
Any list without Brad Lowe on the top of it would have to be questioned.
"Imnottelling" Wrote:IMO any list on this topic would have to include Ryan Fannin and Jesse Meek from JC. They are classic unsung heroes in my book and belong on any list of top players in the Region. I'd even put them in there before Rice and McCarty because they play with intensity and heart. (oh and that is not to say that Rice and McCarty don't play with heart and intensity for all of you out there who are in on the anti-Imnottelling kick today....I just feel that Fannin and Meek don't get near the kudos that they should)
If that is your philosophy then you should also include Shawn Johnson,Sean Music, Tyler Whittaker,Justin Blanton, Ian Welch, Joe Whittaker, Justin Murray, and whoever else is a member of the team. Some of you need to remember that each and every person on this team has role. Some roles may be to score, some to rebound, some to distribute the ball , some to play defense, and some to be nothing more than to be someone that pushes others in practice to make them the best player they can possibly be. All are unsung in a certain respect if you want to look at it correctly. This is a team game , and all factions are a valuable asset to the team. I am sure that every player that wears a Johnson Central uniform busts their tails every day , or they wont be there.
"Franchise_06" Wrote:Tyler McCoy holding Belfry's powerhouse player of Jamie Case to a mere 6 Points the whole game with his lock down defense.

Rolleyes
From what I saw at Prestonsburg, R. Johnson isn't even top 10. Ethan Johnson is SF's best player.
ryan is good you have to give him that....he's a team player an leader
"Dolphinsfan" Wrote:If that is your philosophy then you should also include Shawn Johnson,Sean Music, Tyler Whittaker,Justin Blanton, Ian Welch, Joe Whittaker, Justin Murray, and whoever else is a member of the team. Some of you need to remember that each and every person on this team has role. Some roles may be to score, some to rebound, some to distribute the ball , some to play defense, and some to be nothing more than to be someone that pushes others in practice to make them the best player they can possibly be. All are unsung in a certain respect if you want to look at it correctly. This is a team game , and all factions are a valuable asset to the team. I am sure that every player that wears a Johnson Central uniform busts their tails every day , or they wont be there.

Oh I'm sure they do bust their tails everyday but the topic was top 10 in the Region. I'm sure I would be labeled as biased if I listed only JC players in the top 10. So I in my OPINION chose to list at least Ryan Fannin and Jesse Meek in the top ten....not that I have anything at all against the rest of the team...I personally think they are great but I choose Fannin and Meek. If I was listing unsung heroes I would be on the other thread.
[QUOTE] I agree 100% Imnottelling Fannin and Meeks do so much to help there team and not near the respect they deserve and they do work extremly hard, certainly on the defensive end.
Theres only three really
1.Ethan Johnson
2.Ryan Little
3.Landon Slone
"mojo40" Wrote:Ryan Johnson is not on there list b/c he is not that good. when you can shoot whenever you want and play teams who arent very good then it is easy to have those kind of stats

Landon Slone
Brad Lowe
Jamie McCarty
Jamie Case
Matt Maynard
J.D. VanHoose
Mitchell Riddle
Shawn Thompson
Brandon Kidd
Cade Riddle

LMGDAO this is so funny.........Sf has played 1 of the toughest schedules this year outta every 1 in the 15th......and he dont shoot whenever he wants hes averages bout 5 apg. ryan little averages about 18pts and ethan j averages about the same.
This is SF's Schedule

Dec 2, '05 Johnson Central South Floyd 89 - 81 (W)
Dec 9, '05 Knott County Central Knott County Central 57 - 69 (L)
Dec 10, '05 Hazard Allen Central 77 - 68 (W) Roy S. Martin Classic

Dec 13, '05 Cordia South Floyd 74 - 72 (W)
Dec 16, '05 Allen Central Allen Central 78 - 66 (W)
Dec 17, '05 Letcher County Central East Ridge 53 - 86 (L) Warrior Classic

Dec 20, '05 Seneca Woodford County 57 - 77 (L) Defenders of the Station

Dec 21, '05 Woodford County Lafayette 66 - 82 (L) Defenders of the Station

Dec 22, '05 Hazard Lafayette 69 - 77 (L) Defenders of the Station

Dec 23, '05 Muhlenberg South Lafayette 78 - 86 (L) Defenders of the Station

Dec 27, '05 Oak Ridge, TN Paintsville 85 - 87 (L) Paintsville Tiger Hoop Classic

Dec 28, '05 Alexander, GA Paintsville 92 - 85 (W) Paintsville Tiger Hoop Classic
(double overtime)
Dec 29, '05 Carroll County Paintsville 58 - 53 (W) Paintsville Tiger Hoop Classic

Jan 6, '06 Betsy Layne South Floyd 74 - 72 (W)
Jan 13, '06 Breathitt County Breathitt County 88 - 73 (W)
Jan 14, '06 Prestonsburg Prestonsburg 63 - 81 (L)
Jan 17, '06 Perry County Central South Floyd 94 - 96 (L) (double overtime)
Jan 20, '06 East Ridge East Ridge 91 - 71 (W)
Jan 21, '06 Owsley County Morgan County - 4:30 PM Commercial Bank Hoops Showcase

Jan 25, '06 Pikeville Allen Central - 6:30 PM 15th Region All "A" Classic

Feb 3, '06 Prestonsburg South Floyd - 7:30 PM
Feb 7, '06 Betsy Layne Betsy Layne - 7:30 PM
Feb 10, '06 Allen Central South Floyd - 7:30 PM
Feb 17, '06 Shelby Valley Shelby Valley - 7:30 PM
Feb 21, '06 Pike County Central Pike County Central - 7:30 PM

Dont look like a cake walk to me looks pretty tough
So Ryan johnson, Ethan Johnson and Little average 20,18,and 18 a game...
I find that hard to believe...3 players almost 20 pts... uh no!
id dont know it to be exact but im sure it close 2 that