Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic/Ashland Updates
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Ashland has not run a one-dimensional offense this season. For example they rushed for more than 300 yards in consecutive games against Belfry and Russell earlier in the season. Johnson Central forced them away from their running game because they could not execute it against JC's defense. Ashland was successful when it managed to run the ball and they were hammered when their rushing attack was snuffed. The Tomcats could not stop Jude in the first quarter and they could not stop him in the 4th quarter either and J. K. Hall also had a big game. The win was no fluke and JC was never in any danger of losing it.

Johnson Central has played much better defenses and much better offenses than Covington Catholic will bring to town. I expect the game next week to be more competitive than last season's match-up but Johnson Central should be the favorite to get its third straight win against CovCath on its home field.

I am not saying you are wrong (although I really question it ) but how do you know they faced a better O and D than Cov Cath? Have you seen Cov Cath play late in the year? And of course it is going to be more competative this year, Cov Cath was terrible last year. People in NKY were not surprised one bit last year, it was JC bragging about beating a terrible Cov Cath team. JC will have home field advantage, but I am not too sure they will be favored. Looking forward to next weeks game.
sstack, they will be favored, I don't question that. But you are correct that Cov Cath is a much better team than last year. I think it will be tough for JC to stop Cov Caths run, but it will be even tougher for Cov Cath to stop JC's run.
sstack Wrote:I am not saying you are wrong (although I really question it ) but how do you know they faced a better O and D than Cov Cath? Have you seen Cov Cath play late in the year? And of course it is going to be more competative this year, Cov Cath was terrible last year. People in NKY were not surprised one bit last year, it was JC bragging about beating a terrible Cov Cath team. JC will have home field advantage, but I am not too sure they will be favored. Looking forward to next weeks game.
If you want to search the forum, you will find that you predicted an easy win last year for CovCath. So did several other NKY posters. There is no doubt in my mind that both Boyle County and Bell County are stronger defensively and offensively than CovCath. Outside of NKY, I don't think many people would disagree with me on that point. I was hoping that either Ashland would win this game or lose big. It will be very easy for Coach Matney to keep the team focused this week after a dominant performance by CovCath. If CovCath can hold Jude under 200 yards rushing, then they will have a good chance of going home with a win but that is a big if.