Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley County
34.00%
Harlan County
66.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County @ Harlan County 11/12
Granny Bear Wrote:zaga_fan
Head Coach

I'll just go ahead and let everyone know that zaga_fan will be in Cawood for this one.
I'm contemplating sitting with the mommy bears, but I don't know if I'm brave enough

Word of advice zaga.....bring ear plugs!!

Meow! Cowbell! Meow!
zaga_fan Wrote:I'll just go ahead and let everyone know that zaga_fan will be in Cawood for this one.
I'm contemplating sitting with the mommy bears, but I don't know if I'm brave enough Wink

I'll be the first to extend an invite to you to sit with us Mommy Bears. I know what you look like remember and so does Filthy Animal. We'll come get you!!! However, I don't know if I could stand Aslan for an entire game, so he can sit with the Colonels, lol:eyeroll:.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:I'll be the first to extend an invite to you to sit with us Mommy Bears. I know what you look like remember and so does Filthy Animal. We'll come get you!!! However, I don't know if I could stand Aslan for an entire game, so he can sit with the Colonels, lol:eyeroll:.

Thats what I like to hear.lol
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:I'll be the first to extend an invite to you to sit with us Mommy Bears. I know what you look like remember and so does Filthy Animal. We'll come get you!!! However, I don't know if I could stand Aslan for an entire game, so he can sit with the Colonels, lol:eyeroll:.

Gladly.
Granny Bear Wrote:Word of advice zaga.....bring ear plugs!!

Amen!....We do tend to get loud!....not pointing any fingers....Cough..(Den Mother)...Cough!...LOL....:loveya:
Although I need to point one at myself....my bag of noise makers and all!!!...HEHEHE

I'm getting real excited!......GO BEARS!!!
Bear_Paw Wrote:No fullback has averaged 6-7 yards on HC and honestly I dont believe it will happen with Whitley. Cory Davenport is by far the best back we have seen. He averaged 9.23 yds/carry. Take the 78 yard run away and that average drops to 4.94. No one else has come close to the 6-7 per carry yards you are speaking of except possible PC's QB. To beat HC WHitley will have to throw the ball and will need time to do so.

Word to the Bear Paw....he knows his stuff!....:Thumbs::worthy:
Filthy Animal Wrote:Amen!....We do tend to get loud!....not pointing any fingers....Cough..(Den Mother)...Cough!...LOL....:loveya:
Although I need to point one at myself....my bag of noise makers and all!!!...HEHEHE

I'm getting real excited!......GO BEARS!!!

I understand you guys get loud.....
but you have yet to sit next to zaga and 360 at a sporting event yet.

I pretty much make everyone around me love or hate me...
there is no in between.....
ask Goldust.
She will tell you Wink

also
Aslan is very good at pointing out late hits Smile
king360 Wrote:Thats what I like to hear.lol

What about you king?.....will you be comming?....and where oh where will you choose to sit?.....We'd hate to leave you out!...so you have our invite as well!....:biggrin:.....:welcome:

I'm sure the others would like to meet you guys too...Bear paw is always near...as well as the Patriot!....but these are just a few....there are many...many more!....the Bearnation is quite a force!.....:Cheerlead....:redboxer:....:letsfight
Filthy Animal Wrote:What about you king?.....will you be comming?....and where oh where will you choose to sit?.....We'd hate to leave you out!...so you have our invite as well!....:biggrin:.....:welcome:

I'm sure the others would like to meet you guys too...Bear paw is always near...as well as the Patriot!....but these are just a few....there are many...many more!....the Bearnation is quite a force!.....:Cheerlead....:redboxer:....:letsfight

I doubt I'll be making the trip..but you never know.lol

Hold up! We've had a good system of our seating arrangements so far. We don't wanna mess up the mojo during the playoffs. I will concede to allowing PCC fans sit with us unless things start going sour and then they will be ousted directly. This may be a ploy to jinx the Bears and I won't stand for it. :popcorn:
Mama Bear Wrote:Hold up! We've had a good system of our seating arrangements so far. We don't wanna mess up the mojo during the playoffs. I will concede to allowing PCC fans sit with us unless things start going sour and then they will be ousted directly. This may be a ploy to jinx the Bears and I won't stand for it. :popcorn:

Well you're 0-1 with me on the other side :devilflam
zaga_fan Wrote:Well you're 0-1 with me on the other side :devilflam

We're 1-1 with you on the other side. Surely you haven't forgotten when we played PCC this year? Wink
^I meant other side of your field.
and yes I do seem to remember us playing Wink
Whitley Co. 28-21.
Mama Bear Wrote:Hold up! We've had a good system of our seating arrangements so far. We don't wanna mess up the mojo during the playoffs. I will concede to allowing PCC fans sit with us unless things start going sour and then they will be ousted directly. This may be a ploy to jinx the Bears and I won't stand for it. :popcorn:

Yes, we are a supersticious bunch of Mommy Bears...don't deviate from the Friday routine/plan much at all. But, like you said Mama, we can always give them the boot if things start going south! :rockon:
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:All right you nut...I've got chicken to fry and taters to mash....c-ya!!!

MMMMM...sounds good!....That would be great to have at the taigate friday too!....HC Momma's sure can cook!
Harlan Co.
Filthy Animal Wrote:What about you king?.....will you be comming?....and where oh where will you choose to sit?.....We'd hate to leave you out!...so you have our invite as well!....:biggrin:.....:welcome:

I prefer BLACK BEAR NATION, It looks better in all caps!
zaga_fan Wrote:^Later Den-momma Wink

Did anyone get my joke? lol

I got what yu were saying Zaga, but didn't recognize it as a joke??!!??

:lmao:

I have to agree with Mama Bear, we have to protect the mojo. We have a certain routine, not sure if we can break it..
Harlan by 12 points.
Bear_Paw Wrote:No fullback has averaged 6-7 yards on HC and honestly I dont believe it will happen with Whitley. Cory Davenport is by far the best back we have seen. He averaged 9.23 yds/carry. Take the 78 yard run away and that average drops to 4.94. No one else has come close to the 6-7 per carry yards you are speaking of except possible PC's QB. To beat HC WHitley will have to throw the ball and will need time to do so.

Well then you'll be fine if this holds up for Friday. Bramlett played on a high ankle sprain against Harlan County last time and was very gimpy.
I wasn't trying to imply that we would run it all over you or that wed have 600 yards rushing, simply stating that if you want to beat Whitley, you have to stop the fullback, i would say 70% of Whitley's plays use the fullback in some way. Rather that be an option or straight dive it tends to work well with opening up the toss sweep that makes up the other 30% of our playbook. (Yes i just stated Whitley only ran two plays, because its about all you'll see).
Harlan has one of the better defenses we have played all year. They did a good job at containing last time making us rely heavily on our back up full back who played the majority of the game.

It's simple to beat Whitley, stop the fullback, ask anyone who's played us.

The biggest thing for me is I honestly believe Whitley has a little bit of an upper hand here. Bramlett seems to be 100% as well as the rest of our backs for the first time this year and we've met before, Whitley knows what to expect out of Harlan just as i am sure Harlan knows what to expect out of Whitley. I still think its gonna be a touchdown either way, but i gotta take Whitley, these PCC guys have taught me well, always go with your team, especially when they have a legit shot at winning.

OHH and as far as the passing game goes....FORGET ABOUT IT, unless were down 20 late in the 4th, ill doubt youll see more than 10 passes from Whitley, if you get that many, so we definitely wont be trying to beat you with the pass.
I feel as though i am losing some of my recruits, all of you momma bears are taking my PCC brothers away.
It's just not fair, next thing you know youll have seat warmers for them to set on while on youre side :please:
The Black Bears are focused 100% on Whitley County and expecting another battle this Friday Night. These Black Bear Seniors don't intend on it ending and will lead to victory. Whitley will have the same intentions. The Bears know they must deal with Bramlett and others, also the pass as well. The Bears will be coming and coming hard, right at 'em, no tricks, right at 'em. The Filthy Animals will be Filthier than ever, again this Friday, and will make every attempt to completely stop Whitley. This is the biggest game of the season and the Bears know it. Either you go in and take it ......or it ends. The Bears must take control and take care of the ball. SMACK'EM IN THE MOUTH AND SLAP THEIR EYEBALLS OUT AND TAKE IT!!!!!!GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Well then you'll be fine if this holds up for Friday. Bramlett played on a high ankle sprain against Harlan County last time and was very gimpy.
I wasn't trying to imply that we would run it all over you or that wed have 600 yards rushing, simply stating that if you want to beat Whitley, you have to stop the fullback, i would say 70% of Whitley's plays use the fullback in some way. Rather that be an option or straight dive it tends to work well with opening up the toss sweep that makes up the other 30% of our playbook. (Yes i just stated Whitley only ran two plays, because its about all you'll see).
Harlan has one of the better defenses we have played all year. They did a good job at containing last time making us rely heavily on our back up full back who played the majority of the game.

It's simple to beat Whitley, stop the fullback, ask anyone who's played us.

The biggest thing for me is I honestly believe Whitley has a little bit of an upper hand here. Bramlett seems to be 100% as well as the rest of our backs for the first time this year and we've met before, Whitley knows what to expect out of Harlan just as i am sure Harlan knows what to expect out of Whitley. I still think its gonna be a touchdown either way, but i gotta take Whitley, these PCC guys have taught me well, always go with your team, especially when they have a legit shot at winning.

OHH and as far as the passing game goes....FORGET ABOUT IT, unless were down 20 late in the 4th, ill doubt youll see more than 10 passes from Whitley, if you get that many, so we definitely wont be trying to beat you with the pass.

They throw better than given credit for.
The fanatics of Harlan Co. maybe in for another let down?

I am sure Whitley has a good idea about HC's defense since they have now played HC, North and Rock. All in the Tony Saylor bear-crawler defense.

Bramlett setting out a game may have been a blessing. He should have fresh legs now.
I'll take the Bears in another close one.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It's simple to beat Whitley, stop the fullback, ask anyone who's played us.

Your fullback KILLED us last year, we understand...lol.:Thumbs:
Hc 35-20
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It's simple to beat Whitley, stop the fullback, ask anyone who's played us.

What's up with RunItUpTheGut giving away tips to beat Whitley?...you sure YOU don't want to sit with us?.....:lmao:...:lmao:
Let's keep the thread on-topic please.