Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley County
34.00%
Harlan County
66.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County @ Harlan County 11/12
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That help me this many .......0

at Pineville turn left onto 119, at the end of 119 take a right at the light. Go until you see the hospital and take another right. the field is just down the lane on the left. Safe travels.
Black Bear Mama Wrote:at Pineville turn left onto 119, at the end of 119 take a right at the light. Go until you see the hospital and take another right. the field is just down the lane on the left. Safe travels.

Thanks BBM, good luck tomorrow night!
3wishes Wrote:The school is only 3 years old, not too many chances to have much more yardage.

What is PCC rushing record n one game?

There are several schools in the mountains that easily AVERAGE around 300 yards for an entire season.
Hitting 180 once in 2 years in not an amazing feat.
However, I was comlpimenting your teams poise to stand by the ground game.
The one time that I give you guys a compliment and someone gets defensive.
I'll make sure not to send many more your way Wink

Your question has nothing to do with the topic but I assure you Perry's is either higher or comparable to Harlan County's all-time rushing record.
We had a HB(Tewayne Willis) sign with UK in 2004 and have had several acceptional backs since(Brandon Willis, Ryan Miller, and Bryan Rankin)
Tewayne averaged 11.66 yds a carry in 2002.

Amaze me...
what is HC's single game rushing record.
I honestly hope it's something like 600 yards or something.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That help me this many .......0

25 thru barbourville, thru pineville, just past pineville left to Harlan119,once in Harlan at dead end redlight (turn left to cumberland right to harlan) turn right to harlan421south you will go by dairy Queen, City of Harlan, long johns, holiday inn, walmart, Mcdonalds, Wendy's, then(next redlight) turn right at redlight at hospital you are on ballpark road follow to parking lot in front of school walk to entrance at baseball field to football field enter gate veer left to visitors stands and sit and at 7:30 observe the FEEDING FRENZY! GO BLACK BEARS!!!
BB CLAW Wrote:25 thru barbourville, thru pineville, just past pineville left to Harlan119,once in Harlan at dead end redlight (turn left to cumberland right to harlan) turn right to harlan421south you will go by dairy Queen, City of Harlan, long johns, holiday inn, walmart, Mcdonalds, Wendy's, then(next redlight) turn right at redlight at hospital you are on ballpark road follow to parking lot in front of school walk to entrance at baseball field to football field enter gate veer left to visitors stands and sit and at 7:30 observe the FEEDING FRENZY! GO BLACK BEARS!!!

Thanks, i hope to pass on the feeding frenzy though lol
zaga_fan Wrote:There are several schools in the mountains that easily AVERAGE around 300 yards for an entire season.

Your question has nothing to do with the topic but I assure you Perry's is either higher or comparable to Harlan County's all-time rushing record.
We had a HB(Tewayne Willis) sign with UK in 2004 and have had several acceptional backs since(Brandon Willis, Ryan Miller, and Bryan Rankin)

Amaze me...

I remember the Willis kid, exceptional back, got to watch him play Whitley along with the Holland kid at QB. That was the best team I have seen PC put on the field, atleast against Whitley.
I would think Harlan has atleast come close to 600 yards. I think Whitleys is at a little over 700 from back in the 90's maybe have also came close in 01 and 08 to that mark.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thanks, i hope to pass on the feeding frenzy though lol

[SIZE="3"]Then you should probably stop at the Mcdonalds and forget the game all together....I heard the Mc Rib is back!!!...lol....:lmao:....Just kidding!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

You have a safe trip!...if you get lost call Zaga....haha!!!

GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
[/SIZE]:football::football::football:Confusedmallchee
^ Thanks goodluck to everybody tomorrow night, cause sad thing is one of these teams are gonna be done after the game, hope both teams stay injury free.
Dungy Wrote:HC fans ate crow a bit after Bell. I predict we are serving crow to you other guys this week. HC 28 WC 21

Does this mean you are an HC Fan? :letsparty
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I remember the Willis kid, exceptional back, got to watch him play Whitley along with the Holland kid at QB. That was the best team I have seen PC put on the field, atleast against Whitley.
I would think Harlan has atleast come close to 600 yards. I think Whitleys is at a little over 700 from back in the 90's maybe have also came close in 01 and 08 to that mark.

That probably was the best team.
Holland went to Wake Forest and Willis to UK.

As for the 700 yards rushing I think you're a little off.
I looked it up and the all-time record for a single game in the STATE is....
1) 574 Monquantae Gibson (Moore) vs. Shawnee, 2001

Heck...as for most yards passing in a game the most isn't even in the 700s....
Look at #2 Wink

1) 651 Jesse Watts (Sheldon Clark) vs. Allen Central, 1991
2) 617 Timmy Neace (Perry County Central) vs. Johnson Central, 1999
zaga_fan Wrote:That probably was the best team.
Holland went to Wake Forest and Willis to UK.

As for the 700 yards rushing I think you're a little off.
I looked it up and the all-time record for a single game in the STATE is....
1) 574 Monquantae Gibson (Moore) vs. Shawnee, 2001

Heck...as for most yards passing in a game the most isn't even in the 700s....
Look at #2 Wink

1) 651 Jesse Watts (Sheldon Clark) vs. Allen Central, 1991
2) 617 Timmy Neace (Perry County Central) vs. Johnson Central, 1999

I thought you were talking about an overall team Zaga not an individual. The recored at Whitley is held by Ladale Rider who had close to 400 yards against Knox Central in 2004 but only played 2 1/2 quarters.

As a team i believe Whitley has rushed for a little over 700 yards in a game before. The passing record at Whitley is only like 300 if that.

A 700 yard rushing game by a single player would be absolutely incredible no matter who the other team was. That would definitely be embarrassing if you were a defense.

As for Holland and Willis I was there at PCC in 03 when Whitley beat them. I wasn't really expecting to win that one but Whitley was tough that year and surprised PCC a little bit i think.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I thought you were talking about an overall team Zaga not an individual. The recored at Whitley is held by Ladale Rider who had close to 400 yards against Knox Central in 2004 but only played 2 1/2 quarters.

As a team i believe Whitley has rushed for a little over 700 yards in a game before. The passing record at Whitley is only like 300 if that.

A 700 yard rushing game by a single player would be absolutely incredible no matter who the other team was. That would definitely be embarrassing if you were a defense.

As for Holland and Willis I was there at PCC in 03 when Whitley beat them. I wasn't really expecting to win that one but Whitley was tough that year and surprised PCC a little bit i think.

ic ic
You kind of shocked me with that one....
I had to look it up lol

If Perry had that team in this district they would be making noise, but that's just speculation.
We were in the absolute worst district for us to compete back then lol
zaga_fan Wrote:ic ic
You kind of shocked me with that one....
I had to look it up lol

If Perry had that team in this district they would be making noise, but that's just speculation.
We were in the absolute worst district for us to compete back then lol

haha yea trust me id use that record all the time on here if we had it:biggrin:

Our district sucked back then as well we were one of only 4 mountain teams in 4A that year and like every year couldnt compete once it was time to go to Lex in the playoffs.
Whitley was the only team to win that district once from 2001 to 2006.
Madison Central ruled it the rest of the time, and they had some great teams that were too fast for us. GRC was also in that district and was tough every year, Jonson Central, North and South Laurel were the other mountain teams, and montgomery was in there as well.
It was a 7 team district that was stacked with talent. South and North were both very good in 03 and 04.
It was just a rough time back then, glad were out of those days, although Madison Central and GRC seem to be struggling now after all those years of beating us.
[attachment=o2148]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:BTW does anyone have good directions to the field?
The last time we had all kinds of trouble, found it but definitely should have made it quicker.
My intelligent "gps" minded brother was way off and should have got a real gps.
I need some good directions from like Corbin or Barbourville.
Thanks, just looking for the best possible way there.

The traffic lights are numbered. Turn right at 12.
HC
Turn right at the Hospital. Can't miss.
zaga_fan Wrote:There are several schools in the mountains that easily AVERAGE around 300 yards for an entire season.

Amaze me...

It was a legitimate question, I wasn't being defensive at all, sorry you took it that way.

I know all about PCC's RB's they have had some really good one over the last decade to say the least, however, none of them have been in a power offense to gain much yardage. PCC has been a gun slinging team for about a decade or more now.

Like I said, I wasn't being defensive. Harlan County does what works, I knew what you meant by that. I was just curious what the rushing record was at PCC because they rely so heavily on the pass much like HC rely's on the run. :Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:Amaze me...

According to the KHSAA stat reports, it is 630 yards by the team and 426 yards by 1 player on only 19 attempts in the Middlesboro game in 2008.
3wishes Wrote:According to the KHSAA stat reports, it is 630 yards by the team and 426 yards by 1 player on only 19 attempts in the Middlesboro game in 2008.

Yep.
KHSAA only keeps records in the stat books of 400+.
I know of a handful of 300+ but I don't know if I recall how high up in the 300s they would have been.

I was really surprised to see Perry have the #2 passing game all-time in Kentucky.
Did not expect that at all lol
3wishes Wrote:It was a legitimate question, I wasn't being defensive at all, sorry you took it that way.

I know all about PCC's RB's they have had some really good one over the last decade to say the least, however, none of them have been in a power offense to gain much yardage. PCC has been a gun slinging team for about a decade or more now.

Like I said, I wasn't being defensive. Harlan County does what works, I knew what you meant by that. I was just curious what the rushing record was at PCC because they rely so heavily on the pass much like HC rely's on the run. :Thumbs:

I still say you got defensive :eyeroll:

j/k

PCC has always been run and gun.
Spread the defense out but keep a speedy HB in.
However, Ryan Miller was definitely a power back.
Set the TDs in a season mark for Perry with 32(?)
zaga_fan Wrote:I still say you got defensive :eyeroll:

j/k

PCC has always been run and gun.
Spread the defense out but keep a speedy HB in.
However, Ryan Miller was definitely a power back.
Set the TDs in a season mark for Perry with 32(?)

What year was Miller?
3wishes Wrote:What year was Miller?

Graduated in 2008 I believe
3wishes Wrote:According to the KHSAA stat reports, it is 630 yards by the team and 426 yards by 1 player on only 19 attempts in the Middlesboro game in 2008.

I hate the KHSAA records. I'd say theres a lot of records out there that have never been recorded in them. I know Whitley has rushed for over 600 yards a couple of times, i even think they done it this year in one game.

Either way it really doesnt matter.
Thanks to everybody for the help, thats a lot simpler than my scenic route approach last time.

Pretty amazing if you ask me....

There was a lot of gratification in that night.

All the years of games slipping away to 'boro were suddenely erased in our memories. Middlesboro had not had it handed to them like that in a long time.
Bear_Paw Wrote:Pretty amazing if you ask me....

There was a lot of gratification in that night.

All the years of games slipping away to 'boro were suddenely erased in our memories. Middlesboro had not had it handed to them like that in a long time.

A awesome game indeed. Back and forth game all night. Boro would throw up and down the field and HC would smash it right down the field on the ground.
It's finally Friday!!! Good luck to the Bears! I especially want to wish my senior Bear good luck tonight...GO JORDAN, #87!!! I am one proud Mama Bear and will be cheering Jordan and the rest of the Bears on to victory tonight. I say the Bears win by at least 14. GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Harlan moves on.....

Harlan - 34
Whitley - 12
Close the Gates...