Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 47 Greenup County 0
Pride and Football Wrote:Your alls QB is a duel threat also. That's a powerful backfield with Turpin, Canady, and Barger back there.

Don't forget about our MAN CHILD 6'3 235 Tyler Bailey....TongueirateSho
Stumpjumper Wrote:The teams along 25E went 5-1 tonight.:Thumbs:

THE MEN ALONG 25--------Rock On S.E.Ky football
Congrats KC
Football1 Wrote:This was a bigger margin than I suspected. Canady is a special player and he is getting to run behind a huge, talented OLine. Our QB get better every week took. But our Defense is simply tough. GC had not been shut out all year. Their 2nd ranked RB might have had 60 yards. Their offense just a few drives that were not 3 and out.

I was impressed by the Greenup fans behind us. They continued to encourage their sons to play hard despite the scoreboard. Well done.

This is one thing that rings true in Greenup County, they may hate their coach(s),they may hate the administration, but they support their sons.
Congratulations to Knox Central. They have a very good team What do you feed those boys?? LOL I think their defense will be to much for Rowan next week.

Musketeers: You have had a good season and fought hard in every game. You never gave up and fought the good fight. With all the drama that has gone on this year (and almost every year at Greenup), you have stuck it out and stood together. You are a true Band of Brothers. Coach Copley has done a great job developing these boys over the past two years. With only one full year in the weight room, they have really stepped it up. I would of liked to see what they would have looked like with 4 years of this type of offseason intensity. Best of Luck to our Seniors down the road and with their future plans.
Looks like Knox is on a mission. Should be a very good game at Rowan next week.
I thought it would be closer. Congrats KNOX.
Stumpjumper Wrote:The teams along 25E went 5-1 tonight.:Thumbs:

Combined score of 223-78. Throw in impressive wins by Harlan Co., Harlan City, Whitley, Williamsburg, and Clay and it was a very good night for our area.
William Muney Wrote:Jeffery is a beast in the backfield, I don't think anyone can stop him!!!!!

That move made our team 10x better. I think he is the best back we have had since Ramsey.
he is def one of the best{with 2 years left} greg phillips comes to mind also,can play multiple positions.
big blu 2 u Wrote:he is def one of the best{with 2 years left} greg phillips comes to mind also,can play multiple positions.
That is a good comparison. Canady is not just fast and strong. He knows the game of football from many different positions. He has the head knowledge to go with the body. He can thank his dad for that.

I pray he stays healthy for the next 2 years. He will redefine success in KY.
highschoolfan Wrote:Don't forget about our MAN CHILD 6'3 235 Tyler Bailey....TongueirateSho
I have watched this kid grow up over the years. He has really emerged this year as a player with confidence on both sides of the ball. He has always been very good; this year he is a leader.
StrayBullet Wrote:It wasn't a smart comment, it was the fact that their fanbase has been on Coach Copley the entire season and Copley is an LC alum, just would have liked to have heard the "excuses" and the "coaches from the stands".

If you haven't followed the situation in Greenup other than what you read on here then you are a just as blind as I believe.
Why do you always bad mouth GC, I don't think you can say anything good about our team, we just got beat by a superior team, I'd like to see what LC could do against their defense and then hear your excuses. You are clueless at what goes on at GC, you just get bits and peices and then you start the trash talking, I'd love to meet you and have a heart to heart talk with you, and we could hash out your issues, or come to blows, wharever comes first.:argue:
Greenup Fans, having played both teams, how do you see the Knox/Rowan game next week?
congrats Knox
Stumpjumper Wrote:Greenup Fans, having played both teams, how do you see the Knox/Rowan game next week?

Knox wins hands down.
Stumpjumper Wrote:Greenup Fans, having played both teams, how do you see the Knox/Rowan game next week?

I think Knox wins. Although, don't overlook Rowan. I thought Lawrence would be to much for them also and look what happened there. Rowan is well coached and does have a passing game, so has more weapons than Greenup...but all in all I think the superior Knox defense will win the day.
Greenup played Rowan Close. Had them beat til a few seconds to go in the game when Rowan hit a 46 yard field goal to win. But Greenup tried to run the ball into the teeth of our defense. We have as good of DLine as their is in 4A football. Poor strategy.

Rowan has a great QB who can move and a TB who is excellent. That combo will make the RC vs KC game altogether different.
Me, too! Maybe next year will be different. Coach Copely's team made significant improvements this year. Let's see if he can continue to improve next season!

'86 GCHS Alum
Knox, Rowan is not as physical up front, they do have a good qb. and rb Cross, but he don't like getting hit hard. hit him hard and he quits, Know 35, RC 7.