Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KBA Preseason Showcase
Does anyone know the schedule for the KBA Showcase on November 27? I have looked on KBA's website but cannot find anything. Thanks.
2010 Holiday Preseason Showcase

8:30 a.m. Model v Bath Co
9:40 Green Co v Harrison Co
10:50 Adair Co v Whitley Co
12:00 Letcher Co v Dixie Heights
1:10 7th State MS (G)
2:20 8th State MS (G)
3:30 Marion Co v Anderson Co (G)
4:40 Henderson Co v Harlan Co
5:50 Johnson Central v Meade Co
7:00 Leslie Co v Larue Co
8:10 Hazard v East Jessamine
9:30 Frankfort v Pendleton Co
Where is it played at? I've heard Rupp.
SweetLemonade Wrote:Where is it played at? I've heard Rupp.

Yes, Rupp Arena.
Thanks!
I hope these teams can sell their committed quota of tickets to their fans, because there won't be much of a draw from fans that don't have a team playing. Not a single top team in the state playing the entire day.

At least this will give the players a chance to play on Rupp's floor during their high school career.

Good luck to all the players, should be an exciting day for them and their fans.:Thumbs:
cart man Wrote:Yes, Rupp Arena.

Thanks

Yes I agree, its good that they get to play on RUPP; for some teams maybe it'll be a reminder of what they want to accomplish by the end of the season.

Go JC:rockon:
Very true, not a top 10 team in the field. Lets see the Fast Lane Classic has Eastern, Clark County, Christian County, Bowling Green, Lafayette. The competition level will bemuch higher at Inez so why go to Lexington when you can seesome of the top players and teams in the state*at the Classic.
I don't believe this "tournament" is really designed to attract the "top" teams, but rather gives a chance for small schools and middle of the road teams who probably would never have a chance to play in Rupp a chance to play in Rupp. As a matter of fact, last years lineup included 3 non-KHSAA Christian schools who are members of the KCAA...3 teams who would NEVER get the chance to play in Rupp except for this tournamnet. And there were several fans in attendance during the day, me included, and I had no affiliation with any school playing in it, just went to watch some basketball and probably will this year as well.
According to the Ihigh website Johnson Co is playing Harlan Co at 5:50 and will be shown live. Don't know why they switched teams but the time is the same for JC
idk but i do know that harlan county will be without a bunch of key role players such as there starting post players among some gaurds who will see alot of playing time
Several players are still playing football!! Hope HCHS comes away with a win.
Dixie Heights 65 Letcher Central 60 in the noon game.
looks like niether Harlan County or henderson county is going to be an offensive team this year.
Anyone know how the JCHS game is going or if I can watch or listen online?
Hazard - East Jess on WKCB.com
Any results from the JCHS exhibition? I know somebody was there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Henderson beat Harlan county on last second 3, Johnson central won by 2, hazard and east jessamine tied at 50 did not play ot
Thank You!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I know Skaggs had 7 points for JCHS and Parker had 21 points 12 rebounds.
Can someone post the result of the games? I was curouis about Adair county.
OffTheHook Wrote:Any results from the JCHS exhibition? I know somebody was there.

JC led by 9 at half, was up 11 at one point. 10 kids played first half and 15 played the second half. Not sure how many kids Meade Co. played.